• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What was up with that "Ice Spice" chick at the SB?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike many here I was looking forward to the halftime show. I like Usher a little, I like Alicia Keys and I love Ludicrous. But, I just thought the sound was off and was left thinking it wasn't very good. In a billion dollar event you'd think it would have sounded better. So, I found it disappointing. When Alicia Keys first started singing I thought she sounded off and then got better and her voice is insane so I'm thinking the sound system at least played a part there too. I thought the highlight by a mile was H.E.R.. I didn't know she was supposed to perform, but I didn't really follow it beforehand too much I guess.

It's a stadium, so I think they can only do so much for the sound. Usher does nothing for me solo and I was about to find something else to do for 20 minutes. But then Alicia Keys came out and I started to enjoy it. She sounded good to me especially compared to Usher whose singing is pedestrian to put it mildly. But he can move and he's a good looking guy so maybe that's the draw. Agree about H.E.R. Most of the music was basically my kids "oldies" and I wasn't really familiar with a lot of it, so I can't really judge. The whole thing was an entertaining spectacle though.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% truth. The older you are (in general of course, so don't get pissy people) the better your work ethic is/was. My father's generation made my generation look like a bunch of lazy bastards and I make my son's look the same. Obviously this has to do with the way jobs and the world have changed. If you are too young to have ever needed to get up to change the tv channel it's not your fault for being a lazy SOB. There were no snow throwers, leaf blowers, heck no gardeners really, computers, etc. How many people here under 30 have actually changed a tire?
It does seem that each generation, since WWII has grown softer and less useful. My grandfathers, both WWII vets, could do just about anything. From carpentry, to mechanics, to electricity, to plumbing, etc. they could do it all. I remember them coming to my home and repairing things, building things, replacing things, etc. throughout my childhood. My father could not do any of that. He pretty much got everything up to his doctorate from the University of Michigan and just hired people to fix things (my most handy grandfather lived in Florida, so he only came up to Michigan a few weeks out of the year...he liked to stay busy working on our house during many of those times).

Me, thanks to youtube, I'm learning how to fix things, but at times I find myself doing more damage than good.

I'm hoping my sons will at least choose a trade or two to learn as teenagers. I'd love for them to spend their summers working for a plumber, electrician, carpenter, mechanic, etc. Get them just enough knowledge and expertise to pursue those trades if they want to as a vocation, or to at least be able to repair some things themselves when they get their own stuff.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike many here I was looking forward to the halftime show. I like Usher a little, I like Alicia Keys and I love Ludicrous. But, I just thought the sound was off and was left thinking it wasn't very good. In a billion dollar event you'd think it would have sounded better. So, I found it disappointing. When Alicia Keys first started singing I thought she sounded off and then got better and her voice is insane so I'm thinking the sound system at least played a part there too. I thought the highlight by a mile was H.E.R.. I didn't know she was supposed to perform, but I didn't really follow it beforehand too much I guess.

I remember the Red Hot Chili Peppers asking to do their halftime set live and being told it was an impossibility. They said they felt foolish playing instruments that were clearly not plugged in. That was a long time ago, so maybe things have changed, but I was under the impression they really can't do a live show at the halftime of the Super Bowl. It is mostly recorded music and a blend of live and recorded vocals.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a stadium, so I think they can only do so much for the sound. Usher does nothing for me solo and I was about to find something else to do for 20 minutes. But then Alicia Keys came out and I started to enjoy it. She sounded good to me especially compared to Usher whose singing is pedestrian to put it mildly. But he can move and he's a good looking guy so maybe that's the draw. Agree about H.E.R. Most of the music was basically my kids "oldies" and I wasn't really familiar with a lot of it, so I can't really judge. The whole thing was an entertaining spectacle though.

I don't get the H.E.R. praise. Of course she's a good guitarist, but should we be shocked that women can play guitar? Sounds like the faint praise of low expectations.

Odds are the only live sounds were some of the vocals anyway.

Fish

Hoopla Cash
$ 630.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the H.E.R. praise. Of course she's a good guitarist, but should we be shocked that women can play guitar? Sounds like the faint praise of low expectations.

I don't know who you're talking about, but is she this good?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who said that? She was the highlight of the show IMO. Don't bring misogyny into the discussion for no reason and not sure why you assume that's what people think

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said that? She was the highlight of the show IMO. Don't bring misogyny into the discussion for no reason and not sure why you assume that's what people think

I gave my opinion.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like tire changing is pretty standard stuff.

oil changing is another matter. But given the cost to have it done for you versus the pain in the ass it is to do yourseIf I don't see the point in doing it myself.
True, and what do you do with the used oil? That’s the real PITA.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two lady’s were the best part. I liked last years a whole lot more

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of people inhere blaming their misery on their parents or the group of people who were born from 1946 to 1964, a span of 18 years.

You should cry more like the little bitches you are.
Fuck you give me money

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.

You blew the racist dog whistle in the original SB thread with the exact same comment. And then because no one responded, you felt the need to blow it even louder by taking the exact same comment you posted 12 hours earlier and made it its own thread. Pretty obvious to anyone paying attn what this thread was really about. I just helped you out by pointing it out immediately.

Lol you're mentally ill, dude

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to work on your thinking then.
You are overestimating the probability of rare events, simply because of their rarity. A classic psychological condition.