• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which RBs FF value went up/down the most with the 2024 free agent frenzy?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs won 2 SBs with CEH at RB

RB doesn't matter, just put anyone back there and you can also win a SB!
But we're talking about the 'Boys - they don't have Andy Reid - or Mahomes.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs won 2 SBs with CEH at RB

RB doesn't matter, just put anyone back there and you can also win a SB!
Technically they won 2 SB's with Pacheco and McKinnon at RB, and CEH keeping the bench from floating away

And a third with D. Williams getting screwed out of the SB MVP

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically they won 2 SB's with Pacheco and McKinnon at RB, and CEH keeping the bench from floating away

And a third with D. Williams getting screwed out of the SB MVP
Man that guys career just died after that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JK "Day-2-Day" Dobbins signs a 1 year deal with the Chargers.
I still think he does everything to draft Corum. If Dobbins can ever get healthy just another option but seems more like a “fuck it, we will sign you and see what happens”

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns RB situation could have been a very clear repeat of the '23 Cowboys. Pollard is our guy, lets get rid of Zeke...oh wait, Pollard is no where near as good as he looked as a COP back.

Chase Brown looks every single bit like a Pollard 2.0

Thankfully, someone in that room had the good sense to bring Moss on board. Highly doubt Brown's role/production changes much, if any, behind Moss. He's great at what he does, no need to get carried away.

Winners IMHO-
Henry is my biggest winner, by far. There will be no true competition from Mitchell/Hill. Less time where he's watching from the sideline because his team is 10 points or more behind - which I NEVER understood, removing your best player from the field when you need more offensive production just baffles me, especially when the dude is a plus blocker, and catches check down passes just as good as anyone else. Back on track - anyways, I don't see that situation happening nearly as often in Baltimore as it did in TENN

Barkley- HUGE winner. he was the only game in town in NY, the key to every single defensive gameplan ever since he came into the league. Now there's Hurts, there's AJ Brown, there's D. Smith, there's Goedart- and the QB, while not an elite passer, is skilled enough to utilize any of them at anytime. More yards, more points than Barkley has ever been a part of. And would you rather imperil your 12 mil RB on short yardage, or your soon to be 50mil QB? I don't see a TON of vultured TD's from Hurts, especially when Jason Kelce, the key of the tush push, is gone. They'll still do it, but it'll be less often, maybe even eliminated if its not effective without Kelce.

Gus Edwards- FOR NOW...I fully expect Harbuagh to find a way to land Blake Corum, who he had at Michigan, and install him as his starter. But until then, and maybe even after depending on if Corum translates to the NFL or not, Gus is the likely leader in carries in LAC. Even with an addition of a '3rd down' back, Gus currently stands to be the man in LAC..regardless of how much my gag reflex kicks in typing that.

Zack Moss - as stated above, I don't see Chase Brown as a problem, at least not anymore so than he was for Mixon. But then again, Moss isn't a stud by any means. good enough to hold off a guy like Brown for the main job, but that's about it. Better situation by far than in Indy behind Taylor.

Jacobs- better offense, an offense that is ascending, not rebuilding, better surrounding cast (overall-not saying anyone in GB is better than Adams). And I have a feeling he'll actually be used as a three down back, similar to what he was under Bissacia, and Pierce before he got hurt. Dillon might be a coach's favorite, but he'll cut into Jacobs less than he cut into Jones, if for no other reason than he just hasn't produced lately, coaches' pet or not.

Zuess White- no adds to the Raiders backfield, and nothing in the draft that would immediately pose a threat, even if they were the first RB taken. the job is Zuess's to lose.

Rachaad White- how he's still the Buc's starter is beyond me. YPC actually went DOWN from a terrible 3.7 to 3.6 last year. Why is he still the only viable RB on the roster?

Whomever gets drafted/signed in Dallas- for obvious reasons

Losers-
D. Swift - no matter what happens on draft day, Swift is goin to be on a team led by either a rookie QB who may or may not be worth a damn, or an ineffective one..and was on one of the best offenses with the best Oline in the game today. Massive downgrade no matter how the QB will be.

Singletary- a blossoming stud QB with some great young studs to be out wide..gone, now he gets Danny Dimes who may or may not have competition for the job from Drew friggin Lock. bummer for him.

A. Ekeler - Easily the biggest loser IMHO, even though he was never going to stay in LAC, but what a rough landing spot. Much like Swift, no matter what they do on draft day, still going to be a questionable at best offensive situation, and now he's likely playing second fiddle to Brian Robinson, at least on early downs and short yardage..I would assume he at minimum is the main guy in passing situations, although Robinson showed he has some game in that area as well.

Chase Brown, I Spiller, Tyjae Spears.. guys who were seemingly in position to inherit the job, got sidestepped and are stuck in the same roles they were last year. Although I think in Spear's case, eventually Pollard will assume the back up role once he re-affirms he is what he was in Dallas last year.

Neutral-
Pollard- sure he WAS the guy..but he was never going to get a THE guy role again after what he put out on film last year. lucky to find a committee job. The step down in system and line is offest by the fact he's still got a significant role- for now

Gibson - definitive back up to Stevenson on a bad team, which was basically exactly the situation he was in Washington behind Robinson but with a promising young defensive HC that'll likely lean on the run game/possession passing type offense as much as possible. And at least he's out of the toxic environment of DC..almost talked myself into putting him into the winners column there..
I feel so bad for Singletary.

Dude has always done a good job for whatever team he's been on. Maybe not top-flight, but always a good workmanlike job.

It just seems that he's never gotten proper respect. I'll take a guy with a work ethic like that on my team any day.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel so bad for Singletary.

Dude has always done a good job for whatever team he's been on. Maybe not top-flight, but always a good workmanlike job.

It just seems that he's never gotten proper respect. I'll take a guy with a work ethic like that on my team any day.
I think that's hard to argue against. Definitely a fair take

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans re-signed RB Dare Ogunbowale to a one-year contract.

A core special teamer and occasional third-down back, it doesn’t bode particularly well for 29-year-old Ogunbowale’s odds of keeping his 53-man roster spot that the Texans waited six weeks into free agency to re-sign him.