• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If I was the Czar of the NFL

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like you to fill in your ideas if you were in charge. I'm not going to get into the CBA and that stuff, just things that I think would be better than they currently are. It would be cool if you could do the same

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Make the refs full time employees. It's not like they can't afford to pay them and set up actual schooling and implementation of new rules, points of emphasis and stuff that is done badly on the regular.

2) Change the bye weeks. I don't think it's right that they are spread out over so much of the season. Some teams play 3 games and then get a bye while others play 12 or 13, how does that make sense? I would make the bye weeks 6 thru 9 and give 2 divisions off per week, 1 from each conference. The reason I'd do it by division is those teams play each other twice each season leveling the field for the week off.

3) Go to 2 preseason games and an 18 game schedule with 2 bye weeks per team. In this scenario (doesn't apply to point 2 above) I would have the bye weeks by conference. AFC is off week 5 and 11 and NFC is off in weeks 6 and 12 in even numbered years, and just the opposite in odd numbered years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive team fumbling into the end zone results in a touchback rule
Fair catching a kickoff out of the end zone gets you the ball at the 25
Bring back the onsides kick, not this watered down version
No pushing a teammate with the ball. It's not just the tush push, it's when the OL run down field and push the pile as well
Give coaches one more challenge.
The clock shouldn't run after a declined penalty and I don't like the 10 second runoff but I get why we need it
Players faking injuries should be more closely scrutinized. It's just Bull Shit how some of these guys do it

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Copy 1 and 2 above.

3. Move kickoffs back to the 25 yard line

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive team fumbling into the end zone results in a touchback rule
Fair catching a kickoff out of the end zone gets you the ball at the 25
Bring back the onsides kick, not this watered down version
No pushing a teammate with the ball. It's not just the tush push, it's when the OL run down field and push the pile as well
What's wrong with fumbling in the endzone for a touchback? It's a great punishment for fumbling imo

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Topless cheerleaders. I'm good with anything else.
The One Where Estelle Dies Episode 15 GIF by Friends

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with fumbling in the endzone for a touchback? It's a great punishment for fumbling imo

I’d add any fumble out of bounds is a turnover

Everything is way too favorable to offense

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No holding at all allowed, basically closed hand blocking

No preferential treatment for QBs, at all

Dpi is 15 yards, not a spot foul, and is reviewable

Ref in the booth for super quick reviews to limit challenges, like just buzz down and give them the correct call

Playoff and draft tie breakers are the same

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Make the refs full time employees. It's not like they can't afford to pay them and set up actual schooling and implementation of new rules, points of emphasis and stuff that is done badly on the regular.
And suicides. These guys need to run suicides until they puke on every missed call.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also make it a grade able (ranked) thing.
Have over twice as many refs in the grouping & only top whatever number plays on NFL games. If they fall below that # they fall out of NFL games. Until they get their ranking back up. They all get a base salary & the ones good enough to be ranked high enough. Get bonuses for playing in an NFL Game. If you are a ref for a certain amount of time & dont get ahead of a certain threshold of a ranking. You get cut for new blood in the refereeing fraternity. (always swapping out the bottom feeders)
New guys get a certain length contract to learn & get ahead of the earlier said threshold in rankings.

Referees need to be competing against each other to get better, not rest in the good ol' boys club of defending every absurd call.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay I thought about #1. #2 and #3 come from CFL.............

1a) AFC Canada: Montreal, Ottawa/Hamilton, Toronto and Halifax

1b) NFC Canada: Vancouver, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg.

2) Running Starts on Offense. None of this begin Set(Expect for Lineman), Motion right into Play.

3) Singles or Rouge. You Miss a FG but the Returner can't get it out.............. 1 point

4) Lighten up RTP. Blows to the Head or Knees/Lower= RTP

5) Eliminate the WWE Tackles. Any Lifting, None Elevated, during the tackle Process = Roughing the Runner. Spot Foul and 10 yards and AFD. Also falls under the Unsportsmanlike rules.

6) PI can be reviewed.

7) Coaches get 2 Penalty reviews. Cost for miss review is Delay of game.

8) Make Sure every stadium has a Small Care Center( Hospital) for Big time injuries. Complete with Specialty Doctors paid by team or Stadium.....

9) Lower Seating Areas at sidelines are Mandatory for all stadiums. Not Lambeau leap lower. Pretty Much on the endzone and going up. $$$$ though.

10) Create a Developmental league to co-exist with the NFL, Not just Practice squad.

11) Eliminate International monopoly contracts. IE CTV/TSN Airs every game. Use CTV for AFC and something like Global for NFC.

11)a) If they want to do Game of the Week things fine.................... But they must Hire and Provide Staff (IE Announcers, Cameras, Electrical........) and must have a Control Centre with 5 Ex NFLers as Staff. There allowed to Hijack Staff and Stage from ESPN (CTV/TSN) Or NFL Network (NFC) for Control Centre.

12) Elminate Syndication expect for SB*

12) a) Tell Cable Companies that they have to charge $19.99 for American SB airing on PPV

That's it for now.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW on challenges.
you should get as many challenges as you have TOs to bet with.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No holding at all allowed, basically closed hand blocking

No preferential treatment for QBs, at all

Dpi is 15 yards, not a spot foul, and is reviewable

Ref in the booth for super quick reviews to limit challenges, like just buzz down and give them the correct call

Playoff and draft tie breakers are the same
hell no to the dpi, you commit a penalty 40 yards down field to stop the play, you pay for it

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is most of the time it is because of a bad bounce. It seems like extreme punishment to have to turn over the ball and then kick to the other team, when the other team did not recover the fumble. Just an opinion.

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There needs to be a group of officials in new york who review all calls of targetting, them and only them make the determination of targetting, 1 set standard

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would definitely cap the bomb spot foul dpi. It’s too many yards for a penalty. Maybe cap at 15 yards and automatic first down? Keep it real.

Last edited:

elguapo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all receivers have an rr - receiver rating, balls they clearly drop dont count against qb but against them, tips and drops that lead to interceptions go against their rating not qb. let their rating affect their pay. see how many spend more time on hands drills