• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If I was the Czar of the NFL

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Challenge ridiculous penalties maybe that team can check on replay? Max 2 challenged penalties per game. Not sure, but think I read in another thread that you can already do that? I haven’t a clue but would be a good idea, and help the refs do a better job.

No.. You cannot challenge penalties yet. And this specific instance may have been unchallengeable since you can't hear and audio.

Challenge anything. Your choice. You are successful on 2, you get 1 more.
I love my NFL but I don't want to have to watch for 5 hours to see a game.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to change the timing rules so there's less hustling to get off the field, fewer 12 man on the field penalties, fewer delay of game penalties, zero hurry-up offense. I can live with the game lasting 10-15 minutes longer if it's more professional.

Long enough already. Step it up Sparky.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be an amendment to the rule concerning injuries in the final 2 minutes of a half. Context: the Rams were losing in the final 2 minutes of a game this season and had no time-outs. The Rams were on defense. The opponents, (possibly Eagles), would have been able to bleed the clock down to 30 seconds with runs and then punt - leaving the Rams to go 90 yards in 20-25 seconds. A Rams defensive player was injured requiring a stoppage in play. By rule the offense was give a time-out in lieu of the Rams being docked a time-out, but the clock couldn't start until the ball was snapped. Thus the offense was effectively penalised and the Rams got the ball back with 60 seconds on the clock. When there's a defensive penalty rather than an injury the offense can choose whether the clock restarts with a 40-second clock on the ball being put in play, or when the ball is actually snapped. I'm suggesting an injury/clock scenario should be treated the same way.
Nobody really cares about the Rams anyway.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.. You cannot challenge penalties yet. And this specific instance may have been unchallengeable since you can't hear and audio.

Challenge anything. Your choice. You are successful on 2, you get 1 more.
I love my NFL but I don't want to have to watch for 5 hours to see a game.
But I thought you taped all games to watch and jump through and cut out all that garbage, including commercials, half-ass replays, etc. Sorry my bad :)

That’s actually the only thing I miss about the dish versus streaming, that you jump thru all that time-wasting stuff.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I thought you taped all games to watch and jump through and cut out all that garbage, including commercials, half-ass replays, etc. Sorry my bad :)

That’s actually the only thing I miss about the dish versus streaming, that you jump thru all that time-wasting stuff.

You are correct and I do. But a 5 hour game arguing officiating cock ups is not good TV. And it also impacts the following game.

I know how it feels to get fucked by official rule interpretation.

Case in point:

A certain player goes way up in close contact, snags the ball with one hand and while still in the air, transfers the ball to the other hand all while still in the air and with a defender on him, lands with 2 feet in bounds, takes the under control 3rd step and dives to the end zone. Extending his arm and upon contact with the ground (which cannot cause a fumble) seperates from the ball.
Humongous catch few could make. But some trained chimp deemed it otherwise.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct and I do. But a 5 hour game arguing officiating cock ups is not good TV. And it also impacts the following game.

I know how it feels to get fucked by official rule interpretation.

Case in point:

A certain player goes way up in close contact, snags the ball with one hand and while still in the air, transfers the ball to the other hand all while still in the air and with a defender on him, lands with 2 feet in bounds, takes the under control 3rd step and dives to the end zone. Extending his arm and upon contact with the ground (which cannot cause a fumble) seperates from the ball.
Humongous catch few could make. But some trained chimp deemed it otherwise.
I’m in the camp that he did catch the ball.
Cheers!

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they will figure it out. Streaming is the future whether we want to believe it or not, the incessant search for profit in detriment of good products. It gets expensive to add that stuff to streaming, you need to give users - lot of storage space, beyond bandwith? Maybe mods can add a non-political economic forum. That would be fun for sure.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they will figure it out. Streaming is the future whether we want to believe it or not, the incessant search for profit in detriment of good products. It gets expensive to add that stuff to streaming, you need to give users - lot of storage space, beyond bandwith? Maybe mods can add a non-political economic forum. That would be fun for sure.

I want access to all the games on that Sunday that I’m choosing to watch when I want to see them and at whatever state I left. That’s what cable offers me. Room to room, and wherever I left off with a common record. That’s civilized.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want access to all the games on that Sunday that I’m choosing to watch when I want to see them and at whatever state I left. That’s what cable offers me. Room to room, and wherever I left off with a common record. That’s civilized.
You have all that with streaming with a very good internet connection, can watch any game. Main drawback is you can’t pause games and then repeat at will, or get condensed version. That’s what Youtube is after, IMO. Haven’t tried them yet for NFL and doubt I will unless forced by a Spanish Inquisition type movement.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must watch NFL thru Youtube or will be burnt on a stake in a public plaza. Money talks these days and it not always a good thing. I’m on the fence about watching NFL on Youtube or getting burned alive. Hard choice.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s how I see it, both teams have chance to recover, last team to touch the ball before going out of EZ gets the ball … or if it goes out, the offense gets a 10-yard penalty or something. The punishment is to severe, as it can only happen in the EZ. What about other places on the field?
I understand the too severe argument, I just don't see it as too severe. Both teams play under the same rule so alls fair.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the too severe argument, I just don't see it as too severe. Both teams play under the same rule so alls fair.
That is the key point. It happens not very often. When it does happen it can turn a game. EZ is not a cage.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because both teams are subject to a rule doesn't make it fair. Either it makes the game better or it makes the game worse. The greater the impact of a random bounce the more often a game will be decided by a random bounce rather than actual proper football.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because both teams are subject to a rule doesn't make it fair. Either it makes the game better or it makes the game worse. The greater the impact of a random bounce the more often a game will be decided by a random bounce rather than actual proper football.
That is crucial point, bad bounce you lose on goal line turn it over and punt it back? That is too much.

Tahuyaman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d eliminate Thursday night football and games overseas. I’d eliminate the rule that banned the blind side block. I’d also eliminate the rule which gives the team the ball at the 25 yard line for calling a fair catch on a kickoff.

Last edited: