• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If I was the Czar of the NFL

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should a team get a free time out because there’s two minutes left in a half?

Why does a receiver need two feet in bounds to make a catch, but only one knee or elbow in bounds?

Why is defensive holding a five yard penalty and an automatic first down, but offensive holding is a ten yard penalty and replay the down?

Why does a defensive player get penalized for a face-mask penalty, but a running back can grab a face-mask and rip a defender’s helmet off with no penalty?

In a league which claims to be about player safety, why are they playing on a Sunday, then as soon as Thursday?

There’s a thing in certain types of business that you always want to leave people wanting more. The NFL seems to be wanting to oversaturate the market.

1) both teams have the same advantage

2) feet touching the ground don't make a player down right? lol. a joint of any kind does

3) because often they're two completely different penalties??

4) this is false

5) money

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only you. No guarantees of anything so it should not be a guarantee of a first down

then you would see a lot more holding on 3rd and long plays. This is why its automatic

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A return to two wildcard teams per conference.

A team yesterday (Titans?) would win their division with a win and not make the playoffs with a loss.

That's fucked up.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A return to two wildcard teams per conference.

A team yesterday (Titans?) would win their division with a win and not make the playoffs with a loss.

That's fucked up.

the amount of wild cards would not affect a mediocre team winning a division.

We'd still have the Bucs and not the Pack. Both are 9 and 8.

The only thing I'd change is the top ranked wild card should have home field if they have a better record than the 4th divisional winner.

In the NFC the Eagles have won 2 more games and are traveling this weekend.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the amount of wild cards would not affect a mediocre team winning a division.

We'd still have the Bucs and not the Pack. Both are 9 and 8.

The only thing I'd change is the top ranked wild card should have home field if they have a better record than the 4th divisional winner.

In the NFC the Eagles have won 2 more games and are traveling this weekend.

Nothing you can do about unequal divisions but that changes over time. 6 division winners, 4 wildcard teams. Perfect.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing you can do about unequal divisions but that changes over time. 6 division winners, 4 wildcard teams. Perfect.

you mean 8 division winners. That would not be perfect lol

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, you're talking about 3. Yellow flag to indicate a penalty then red if on O and blue if on D. While I do understand what you were stating, they're obviously already overwhelmed with what they're doing and have a conference on every flag...so probably just going to make it worse.
I said 2 additional flags. As I said it probably won't happen but it sure would improve the fan's experience.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said 2 additional flags. As I said it probably won't happen but it sure would improve the fan's experience.

I understood what you were trying to say. I agree that an early indicator as to which team the penalty is on would be nice.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears, Jaguars, and Vikings will host games in England next year and the Panthers will host a game in Germany. There will also be a game in Brazil, supposedly, but no teams have been announced. The Jags are a given, but why do 2 NFC north teams have to give up home games?

I really believe that it would be in the best interests of the NFL to take the 9th home game for teams and put them all in neutral sites every year. The 2 reasons are competitive balance and build appeal in markets that don't have a NFL team. That would be 16 games in markets, domestic and international, to build a larger fanbase. I think the opportunity to the marketing of the NFL would increase. You know, grow the brand.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe that it would be in the best interests of the NFL to take the 9th home game for teams and put them all in neutral sites every year. The 2 reasons are competitive balance and build appeal in markets that don't have a NFL team. That would be 16 games in markets, domestic and international, to build a larger fanbase. I think the opportunity to the marketing of the NFL would increase. You know, grow the brand.

Interesting, I like it.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears, Jaguars, and Vikings will host games in England next year and the Panthers will host a game in Germany. There will also be a game in Brazil, supposedly, but no teams have been announced. The Jags are a given, but why do 2 NFC north teams have to give up home games?

I like the idea of taking that one "extra" game and putting it in a neutral site. Definitely a brand growing idea, but would the owners/stadium-owners agree to losing a home game?

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of taking that one "extra" game and putting it in a neutral site. Definitely a brand growing idea, but would the owners/stadium-owners agree to losing a home game?

As it is now, some of them have to give one up as it is with the international games. I honestly believe it would be better if every team played 8 at home, 8 away and 1 neutral. In 2023 all AFC teams had 9 home games with a few giving one up for international games, in 2024 4 NFC teams and Jacksonville give up one of their home games for international games. The Jags do it as they have a bit of a brand in England, but the NFC and AFC that give up the 9th game for international games don't get a choice, the NFL just decides who gives up what. (I'm sure the owners have input, but still not really level field.)

They state there is supposed to be a game in Brazil this year, but no announcement on the teams so far that I've seen. They do mention that no more than 8 international games per year were agreed on. They can't do Mexico City this year because of stadium renovations. I really wouldn't mind seeing 8 international games and then the other 8 in US cities without a franchise. I'm not sure if they view games in Canada as international or being on the continent they would just be considered neutral, but there is plenty of room in the world to try to build recognition and brand. I'd like to see Japan, Australia, other southeast Asia countries, Spain, France and other European countries as well. Grow the brand and bring the experience to others along with getting US fans to travel to those destinations if they want.

Last edited:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it is now, some of them have to give one up as it is with the international games. I honestly believe it would be better if every team played 8 at home, 8 away and 1 neutral. In 2023 all AFC teams had 9 home games with a few giving one up for international games, in 2024 4 NFC teams and Jacksonville give up one of their home games for international games. The Jags do it as they have a bit of a brand in England, but the NFC and AFC that give up the 9th game for international games don't get a choice, the NFL just decides who gives up what. (I'm sure the owners have input, but still not really level field.)

They state there is supposed to be a game in Brazil this year, but no announcement on the teams so far that I've seen. They do mention that no more than 8 international games per year were agreed on. They can't do Mexico City this year because of stadium renovations. I really wouldn't mind seeing 8 international games and then the other 8 in US cities without a franchise. I'm not sure if they view games in Canada as international or being on the continent they would just be considered neutral, but there is plenty of room in the world to try to build recognition and brand. I'd like to see Japan, Australia, other southeast Asia countries, Spain, France and other European countries as well. Grow the brand and bring the experience to others along with getting US fans to travel to those destinations if they want.

Buffalo could play in Toronto

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buffalo could play in Toronto

As they have. To me it's more about taking that 9th home game away from teams and making it a neutral field game.

I also read that there are some teams that have marketing rights in England, Bears, Vikings and Jaguars, then they mentioned the Panthers have them in Germany. I'm not sure how that works out, but that also should be a level playing field.

It's all in the ESPN article, I'm just trying to be the Czar and take it how I see it should be.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As they have. To me it's more about taking that 9th home game away from teams and making it a neutral field game.

I also read that there are some teams that have marketing rights in England, Bears, Vikings and Jaguars, then they mentioned the Panthers have them in Germany. I'm not sure how that works out, but that also should be a level playing field.

It's all in the ESPN article, I'm just trying to be the Czar and take it how I see it should be.

Sure. I think Toronto should be one of those locales (and not necessarily for the Bills).