• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If I was the Czar of the NFL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put thursday night games back on nbc and let everybody watch free instead of paying for prime.

Just find a family member that already has Prime for shopping purposes and use their account. Works for me.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Full time refs..Let them ref the USFL/XFL league to keep them sharp
Push back the KOs. Touchback at the 20
Onside kicks go back the normal way
3 challenges to review, penalties included.

They already make an average of > $200k per year. So what would it mean to make them "full time"? I don't know how many of them have other jobs but what's the plan.. make them quit them?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only me. The NFL agrees.

I do too. If the defense holds, granting the offense a 1st down is perfectly appropriate penalty for that defensive infraction.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line judge always misses delay of game because they have to watch the line and the play clock is to the left on the scoreboard. Why not put a clock or a signal right on the line on the other side of the field so he can see it and make the correct call?

We often see big plays and then learn a flag was thrown, often before the player crosses the goal line. We all wait for the agonizing 25 seconds to see if the TD will stand. Why not have 2 flags, the first a yellow to show there was a penalty and then the ref pulls a white flag if it's on offense or a blue flag if it's on defense so we know right away?

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line judge always misses delay of game because they have to watch the line and the play clock is to the left on the scoreboard. Why not put a clock or a signal right on the line on the other side of the field so he can see it and make the correct call?

We often see big plays and then learn a flag was thrown, often before the player crosses the goal line. We all wait for the agonizing 25 seconds to see if the TD will stand. Why not have 2 flags, the first a yellow to show there was a penalty and then the ref pulls a white flag if it's on offense or a blue flag if it's on defense so we know right away?
Give officials 3 flags instead of 1? Firstly, it's tempting fate. Secondly, what are you going to do when the official wrongly throws the defensive flag and the QB, (thinking he has a free play), throws a risky pass that gets picked off?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
put thursday night games back on nbc and let everybody watch free instead of paying for prime.
NBC’s coverage is garbage.

Amazon is prolly the best now.

I’m rooting for HBO to take NBC out of the game at some point.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already make an average of > $200k per year. So what would it mean to make them "full time"? I don't know how many of them have other jobs but what's the plan.. make them quit them?
I had a professor who was an NFL ref.

Don’t see why he would’ve needed to give up his career to officiate 17 three hour games.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC’s coverage is garbage.

Amazon is prolly the best now.

I’m rooting for HBO to take NBC out of the game at some point.
if that happens i,ll miss more games cause nbc is,nt on rehab,s list of stations.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give officials 3 flags instead of 1? Firstly, it's tempting fate. Secondly, what are you going to do when the official wrongly throws the defensive flag and the QB, (thinking he has a free play), throws a risky pass that gets picked off?

I admit my second suggestion is more controversial and will probably never happen. I'm not saying throw it that quickly, I'm talking about a long run, pass or return where we hear halfway through the play that there is a flag so everyone stops cheering and has to wait. I don't think it's too much for a professional referee to negotiate 2 additional flags correctly anyway, it's not like there is a requirement to throw it a second after the penalty flag.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit my second suggestion is more controversial and will probably never happen. I'm not saying throw it that quickly, I'm talking about a long run, pass or return where we hear halfway through the play that there is a flag so everyone stops cheering and has to wait. I don't think it's too much for a professional referee to negotiate 2 additional flags correctly anyway, it's not like there is a requirement to throw it a second after the penalty flag.

Actually, you're talking about 3. Yellow flag to indicate a penalty then red if on O and blue if on D. While I do understand what you were stating, they're obviously already overwhelmed with what they're doing and have a conference on every flag...so probably just going to make it worse.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Czar of me, would somebody make the game thread, I ... uhh .... yeah, can't do it

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realignment.
No more AFC-NFC.
6 divisions. 8 is too many.

Eastern Conference
East (5)--NE, NYG, NYJ, PHI, WAS
Central (5)--BAL, BUF, CIN, CLE, PIT
South (6)--ATL, CAR, JAX, MIA, NO, TB

Western Conference
North (5)--CHI, DET, GB, IND, MIN
Midwest (5)--DAL, DEN, HOU, KC, TEN
West (6)--ARZ, LAC, LAR, LV, SEA, SF

Playoff teams seeded by W-L record.
Must be .500 or better to qualify.
If a division winner is below .500 it gets replaced by a 4th wildcard.

2023 would look as follows...
AFC
(1)BAL (13-4)*
(7)PIT (10-7) @ (2)BUF (11-6)*
(6)HOU (10-7)* @ (3)KC (11-6)*
(5)MIA (11-6) @ (4)CLE (11-6)

NFC
(1)SF (12-5)*
(7)GB (9-8) @ (2)DAL (12-5)*
(6)TB (9-8)* @ (3)DET (12-5)*
(5)LAR (10-7) @ (4)PHI (11-6)
*division winner

No more Thursday games besides Thanksgiving.
In addition, the 6 teams playing on Thanksgiving would be coming off a bye.

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some part of the body needs to land in the end zone with ball in hand. Breaking the plane with just the centimeter of the tip of the ball is not a touchdown when i'm the Czar.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some part of the body needs to land in the end zone with ball in hand. Breaking the plane with just the centimeter of the tip of the ball is not a touchdown when i'm the Czar.
So the body can be in with the ball short of the endzone???
So the ball carrier and ball can be stretched over the goal-line from the waist up but if he's thrown back without touching the ground it's no TD???