• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What team will be the first...

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, what surprises me greatly. Is, Oregon has been doing uptempo for 4-5 years. Yet, even though Oregons offensive players are in great shape and able to do this tempo, opposing defense, mostly the PAC-12 teams have yet to get their defenses in shape in 4-5 years. Did they think this was a fad and would go away so they decided to not condition their defense in the off-season?

A defense has to be balanced for multiple teams. If the D is slim and trim to play against Oregon they will get manhandled by teams like Stanford. The defense has to prepare for the big guys that want to punch you in the face every play and it has to prepare for the sissies that run real fast trying to avoiding contact every play.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys do realize that making a player sit out the rest of the possession isn't going to do much at all right?

How many plays do you think possessions usually are? And how far into a possession do you think a player would fake an injury and how many plays do you think are going to be left after?

Further, lets assume it's a fake injury and the defense is gassed. Which player do you think is going to fake it? The one that is least valuable and most easily replaced. Now, what is the risk/reward here? You get to get 10 of your best players refreshed while replacing another player who is most replaceable to start with.

Now, add in teams with depth. Getting the picture?

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they need to do (for safety reasons) is prevent a player from returning to the field on the same series he was injured in. If your injury is so serious that you cannot get off the field without assistance, then you clearly need an extended absence.

That's reasonable.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A defense has to be balanced for multiple teams. If the D is slim and trim to play against Oregon they will get manhandled by teams like Stanford. The defense has to prepare for the big guys that want to punch you in the face every play and it has to prepare for the sissies that run real fast trying to avoiding contact every play.

..it has to prepare for the sissies that run real fast trying to avoiding contact every play.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean those who play track and field football?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys do realize that making a player sit out the rest of the possession isn't going to do much at all right?

How many plays do you think possessions usually are? And how far into a possession do you think a player would fake an injury and how many plays do you think are going to be left after?

Further, lets assume it's a fake injury and the defense is gassed. Which player do you think is going to fake it? The one that is least valuable and most easily replaced. Now, what is the risk/reward here? You get to get 10 of your best players refreshed while replacing another player who is most replaceable to start with.

Now, add in teams with depth. Getting the picture?

which is why you add in timeouts followed by delay of game penalties.

either make it illegal to run the HUNH or make it illegal to fake an injury.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is why you add in timeouts followed by delay of game penalties.

either make it illegal to run the HUNH or make it illegal to fake an injury.

The refs can't decide what injury is legit and which isn't.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time a player is injured and doesnt sit out a possession the team should be charged a timeout.

That will stop this fake injury BS in a hurry.

...and if they don't have any timeouts a 15yd unsportsmanlike conduct penalty straight up the wazzu.

This :agree:

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is it's really classless for fans to boo when someone gets injured vs an up tempo offense. Wisconsin had one injury stoppage against ASU, and the fans booed like crazy. Even the announcers made it seem like it could be fake. No class.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is it's really classless for fans to boo when someone gets injured vs an up tempo offense. Wisconsin had one injury stoppage against ASU, and the fans booed like crazy. Even the announcers made it seem like it could be fake. No class.

#7 faking that injury robbed Deantre Lewis of a sure touchdown run given how gassed Wisconsin's D was on that drive. Given everything he's gone through scoring a TD against Wisconsin would have meant a ton to him.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Wisconsin bitching :L shits getting old.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a Wisconsin paper. TODAY published some comic cartoon about the game...TODAY It is Wednesday...............................MOVE ON

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a Wisconsin paper. TODAY published some comic cartoon about the game...TODAY It is Wednesday...............................MOVE ON

Oh please, if it was Oregon that screwed you'd make a thread about it everyday for the next 10 years.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time A&M played in Lubbock, someone would conveniently get hurt when we cruised down to the redzone... could've been real, could've been fake... but we booed like crazy because we're classless, tortilla throwing ass hats that don't give a currr

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if football wants to to make an issue of it. If they want to, a fix would be if a person is injured, he must remaing off the field until there is a change of possession.

I don't think coaches will want a player out for that long.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on a ACC team.

Wake Forest pretty much did this last year against us late in the game. Not quite to this extent, but pretty close. The only difference was it was one player who would go in for one play, get injured and have to come out. He stayed out until Carolina substituted, or someone else got hurt. The player was seriously injured, but I don't think someone who is as hurt as him should go in and out that often.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's lame is what it is...

But I agree, kind of, it's a gray area... What if someone is legit dinged up or cramped up but it's not against a HUNH offense?

They would just substitute between plays...