• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Should the Cleveland Browns Do With the #2 Pick?

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it IF QB goes pick 1 & 2
Dallas gets their man in Ramsey IF San Diego does the right thing and take the LT
If the cowboys get Ramsey, I hope the Eagles get Zeke. Dallas will be hard to throw on, so a good RB, would really help.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's CLE and Ohio St here but stripping away the player and team names.

If you are the GM of a 3-4 team and you need an edge pass rusher. You are accustomed your DEs being 6'-4" 285 to 300lbs...Prospect is a very good edge rusher in college, 6'6" 270ish...your OLBs are 6'3"+ 245 to 270lbs...okay, he fits that mold better, but he's never played standing up.

You have the #2 overall pick...are you going to take that 6'6" 270ish prospect? If the DC says, I've got a spot for him to excel at, he's a 3 dwn player...yes, you take him, but if the DC is scratching his head trying to figure out how to best use this player...I think you pass.

It depends how well you grade out the player. I have no idea what the Browns' draftboard looks like (guessing like most that they have one of the QBs on top). If that QB you were banking on suddenly isn't there anymore they will either go to their #2 overall player or opt to trade out (not saying Bosa is that guy necessarily, just that they will likely take whomever is next on the list). Depends on where they place their immediate needs outside of QB too. The browns needs help in a lot of places so even trading for a bunch of picks isn't out of the question.

For the record, the browns don't need just an edge pass rusher...they suck vs the run too.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the cowboys get Ramsey, I hope the Eagles get Zeke. Dallas will be hard to throw on, so a good RB, would really help.
I think the Eagles proved just a few years back that having numerous stud LBs mean nothing when you don't have a pass rush. Dallas would be stupid to draft Ramsey.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles proved just a few years back that having numerous stud LBs mean nothing when you don't have a pass rush. Dallas would be stupid to draft Ramsey.
This draft has a lot of good linemen. They can get someone in the 2nd round, they may luck into a UDFA like when they lucked into Everson Walls, and you never know who gets cut loose after the draft.

BTW: Who were the Eagles stud LB's? Trotter was great, but besides him, I don't remember any standouts. Big Red was not big on LB's.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL../.stupid. You should keep your red hot sports opinions confined to a team you know something about

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft has a lot of good linemen. They can get someone in the 2nd round, they may luck into a UDFA like when they lucked into Everson Walls, and you never know who gets cut loose after the draft.

BTW: Who were the Eagles stud LB's? Trotter was great, but besides him, I don't remember any standouts. Big Red was not big on LB's.
Mis-typed; I meant CBs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on what?
that would be opinions....fans and so called experts.
My opinion is there isn't any worthy of a top 5 selection.

LOL../.stupid. You should keep your red hot sports opinions confined to a team you know something about
Wow. Sound logic from someone who clearly has a lot of knowledge about the subjects. :L

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it IF QB goes pick 1 & 2
Dallas gets their man in Ramsey IF San Diego does the right thing and take the LT

Likely scenario.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends how well you grade out the player. I have no idea what the Browns' draftboard looks like (guessing like most that they have one of the QBs on top). If that QB you were banking on suddenly isn't there anymore they will either go to their #2 overall player or opt to trade out (not saying Bosa is that guy necessarily, just that they will likely take whomever is next on the list). Depends on where they place their immediate needs outside of QB too. The browns needs help in a lot of places so even trading for a bunch of picks isn't out of the question.

For the record, the browns don't need just an edge pass rusher...they suck vs the run too.

Most teams grade players the same way for the most part...how they value the grade is obviously unique to each team. If QB is a need, and the prospects are close as these two guys appear to be...the other non- QB option has to be a plug and play guy...our debate here if nothing else takes plug and play away from Bosa.

Yep...the open for biz sign should be lit up...extra picks could go a long way to build up the OL ,DEF, WR. One thing we do know, somewhere in the draft they have to get a plan B for RG3.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that the Eagles tried to make a move to #1, actually. Evidently Wentz is who they want. If Schefter's report of the Rams leaning Goff is true, that #2 pick just got very attractive, especially with reports that Wentz is evidently in Dallas' top 3 over prospects.

I don't think you make that move if you are Philly until after the Rams actually choose Goff (unless they think Goff/Wentz is a coin flip). The worst thing would be to make the trade, knowing you have Goff at a 10-20 pick, then watch the Rams take Wentz at #1 and the rest was a smokescreen. Even still, moving up there is tough, I really think they sit and see what Bradford/Chase offer them this year with that money invested and how that roster shakes out. If it tanks, then fine, they are sitting up high in next years draft and can do it then.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you make that move if you are Philly until after the Rams actually choose Goff (unless they think Goff/Wentz is a coin flip). The worst thing would be to make the trade, knowing you have Goff at a 10-20 pick, then watch the Rams take Wentz at #1 and the rest was a smokescreen. Even still, moving up there is tough, I really think they sit and see what Bradford/Chase offer them this year with that money invested and how that roster shakes out. If it tanks, then fine, they are sitting up high in next years draft and can do it then.
Given Philly's stance on Wentz and how much they love him, I wouldn't be surprised if they had a tentative deal in place with Cleveland in the event Goff does go #1. If he does, they pull the trigger. If Wentz goes 1, Philly and Cleveland stand pat and Cleveland ends up with Goff, whom it sounds like is the guy they want anyhow.

Maybe I'm foolish to think this, but if you gave me the option of starting RG3 or Bradford this year, I'm taking RG3 in a heartbeat. He's shown the ability to be elite when healthy and when he has a coach who knows how to use him (which is exactly what Hue Jackson is). Bradford has never shown elite ability, and has been a continual disappointment for a #1 pick, so I think the QB situation in Philly is more dire than in Cleveland to be honest.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they should trade that pick away. They need a quarterback pretty badly.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they should trade that pick away. They need a quarterback pretty badly.
We need a lot of things pretty badly, and honestly QB isn't even at the top of the list.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why force it though if they don't believe in Wentz or Geoff? They need every position pretty badly

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gist Ive gotten with the Browns is that they can't pass the ball and they can't stop the run. This is an EXCELLENT run stopping draft so they'll be able to find something.

I'd take Goff/Wentz at #2, WR in rd2...Josh Doctson, Will Fuller or Corey Coleman, DT in rd 3, LB in rd4

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you go there with Clowney. That was college and a legit label...to my knowledge, he hasn't had the dog label in the NFL, mostly the injury bug.

That wasn't his only red flag coming out he lacked hand technique and he only had one good year out of three. His junior year he got shut down once there was a little film on him and he is still having the same issue with the Texans. His head coach Steve Spurrier is the one who said his work ethic wasn't as good as past Gamecock stars, maybe that explains his lack of development with the Texans.