• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Should the Cleveland Browns Do With the #2 Pick?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Browns pass on Jared Goff and roll with RGIII they are dumber than I thought.

idt they will pass on Goff if they stay at 2, but it makes sense to accept more picks and take Cook if they can pull it off.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know your homerism is kicking in, but you also have an OL that is thinning out with the departure of Mack, plus guards need up grade, and another tackle opposite Thomas....

I know you love Bosa, but trading back to gain extras could be very huge.........:suds: To decisions for your Brownies man...

At least they don't have the same retards in the front office that screwed up the last several drafts for Cle, so that does give me some hope that they will make the wise decision, whatever that may be.

For a team with this many holes, trading down might not be a bad idea. All depends on how highly they value the guys at the top of the draft. If they project Bosa to be the next JJ Watt, then you gotta take him. Same with Goff and Wentz, if they project both of them to be franchise QBs then you gotta take the one LA passes on.

Given the Browns' propensity to completely muck up their drafts, I'm always nervous this time of year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If theyre REALLY going by analytics, it will be Bosa. He grades out better than Watt when he was a rookie.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook looks like a Jay Cutler part II.

Goff may just be another Matty Ice, but for the Browns that would represent massive progress.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goff may just be another Matty Ice, but for the Browns that would represent massive progress.

They'd be extremely happy with Jay Cutler too...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cook wishes he was Cutty part 2. More like Stoney Case part 2. At best.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least they don't have the same retards in the front office that screwed up the last several drafts for Cle, so that does give me some hope that they will make the wise decision, whatever that may be.

For a team with this many holes, trading down might not be a bad idea. All depends on how highly they value the guys at the top of the draft. If they project Bosa to be the next JJ Watt, then you gotta take him. Same with Goff and Wentz, if they project both of them to be franchise QBs then you gotta take the one LA passes on.

Given the Browns' propensity to completely muck up their drafts, I'm always nervous this time of year.
I feel slightly more confident since Farmer isn't there. I sincerely cannot think of how he managed to keep his job that long after fucking up over and over and over again. He was the worst GM I've ever seen.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cleveland drafts Bosa, that would be one of the worst picks in NFL history.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If theyre REALLY going by analytics, it will be Bosa. He grades out better than Watt when he was a rookie.
Not the right scheme. I think Bosa would be a good 3-4 end, but he's much better suited to a 4-3. As much as I'd love to be able to buy a Bosa Browns jersey, I feel like it would be a waste of his talent to put him in this sort of scheme.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel slightly more confident since Farmer isn't there. I sincerely cannot think of how he managed to keep his job that long after fucking up over and over and over again. He was the worst GM I've ever seen.

No I can think of a guy in Detroit that had a fetish for drafting WR's....:whistle:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on their opinions of those 2 QBs. If they think they're franchise types, then you gotta pull the trigger and take one at #2. If they think they aren't quite at that level, then you have a bevy of options open to you.

Being a Buckeye homer, I desperately want them to take Bosa since they have glaring needs on the D-line. They do still have the #32 overall pick to take a QB if they want to go that route too.

Ok...that explains it.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOW is this good? Now we might not get the QB we want

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on their opinions of those 2 QBs. If they think they're franchise types, then you gotta pull the trigger and take one at #2. If they think they aren't quite at that level, then you have a bevy of options open to you.

Being a Buckeye homer, I desperately want them to take Bosa since they have glaring needs on the D-line. They do still have the #32 overall pick to take a QB if they want to go that route too.
I don't think Bosa will be anything better than above average in the NFL

That Wentz looks like a complete savage, Geoff is aight

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...that explains it.

Self admitted. I really really think the guy is going to be a tremendous talent in the NFL.

But, in the end the QB position is the most valuable on the field. If they have a shot at someone they think will be a franchise QB, then they have to pull the trigger on him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOW is this good? Now we might not get the QB we want
If they want to trade back to accumulate picks (which they seriously need to do with their current roster holes), this gives them all the leverage they could want. Dallas, San Fran and Philly all need QBs, so I wouldn't be shocked at all if someone backed up the Brinks truck and offered Cleveland a deal they couldn't refuse.

I'm personally not sold on Wentz or Goff, at least not enough to turn down a monster trade deal that could fortify multiple positions with high end picks. If one of the three teams I mentioned offered a deal to move up, it would likely net the Browns at least another 2nd and probably two more picks, or possibly another first next year a la the trade they made with Buffalo a couple of years ago.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Self admitted. I really really think the guy is going to be a tremendous talent in the NFL.

But, in the end the QB position is the most valuable on the field. If they have a shot at someone they think will be a franchise QB, then they have to pull the trigger on him.

Admittedly...I've only seen him play a few times...I'm still grounded in the scheme fit thing with him.

I had this debate several times now, and I keep coming away with the same feeling...he's not big enough to play a 3-4 DE. Now, I'm conceding that maybe he's athletic enough to play OLB in a 3-4, but is that an impact position for him?...idk and I don't like that feeling with the #2 overall pick.

If it came down to Goff or Wentz vs Bosa...I'd take the QB...worst case, I feel like I've got a strong trade chip next yr if RG3 is still QB1, gets extended, etc.