• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Should the Cleveland Browns Do With the #2 Pick?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney has pretty well documented work ethic issues though, stemming back to his college days. One of those guys that shows up sometimes and is completely missing other times.

From what I've seen, most people regard Bosa as a can't miss guy. Maybe not a #1 overall caliber, but definitely someone who will make an immediate impact. I think whoever ends up with him will be pretty happy.

The best Buckeye in the draft is Elliott though (IMO). But, given his position, I think he will drop into the late first round. If someone needs a RB down there, they will be very pleased.

I knew you go there with Clowney. That was college and a legit label...to my knowledge, he hasn't had the dog label in the NFL, mostly the injury bug.

We can use any other name that fits, but high profile DEF rookie draft picks changing positions is the true comparison I'm trying to make, Clowney is the most recent fit I could think of)...if you think work ethic is going to propel Bosa beyond mediocre...there is something to hard work.

The big difference in our views of Bosa is I think you see a great athlete that will be good in multiple positions at the NFL level...I see a great college football player that looks like a great fit for a 4-3 alignment team at the NFL level.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you go there with Clowney. That was college and a legit label...to my knowledge, he hasn't had the dog label in the NFL, mostly the injury bug.

We can use any other name that fits, but high profile DEF rookie draft picks changing positions is the true comparison I'm trying to make, Clowney is the most recent fit I could think of)...if you think work ethic is going to propel Bosa beyond mediocre...there is something to hard work.

The big difference in our views of Bosa is I think you see a great athlete that will be good in multiple positions at the NFL level...I see a great college football player that looks like a great fit for a 4-3 alignment team at the NFL level.

Im no NFL scout so I can only comment on what I saw in college. I'm sure whomever he lands at will be pleased.

The entire draft process is so tricky, especially near the top of the draft when you have the pressure of hitting on a pick or the option of trading a potential pro-bowl pick in exchange for a multitude of picks you may still miss on. But, its great for armchair GMs. :)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is the Rams want Goff. If that's the case, Browns will pretty much have to take Wentz, right?
Word I've been reading is that Goff is the favorite of Pep Hamilton and the FO in Cleveland, but I've been hearing a lot more on Wentz to the Rams than Goff. Where are you hearing your info from?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is the Rams want Goff. If that's the case, Browns will pretty much have to take Wentz, right?
And pretty much immediately after typing that I saw Schefter reporting Goff to LA. Looks like that's conflicting with the LA Times' report. Goddamn I love draft buildup.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns could get some serious picks as well, they don't have to take Goff nor Wentz, to many other glaring holes, trade back gain extra picks and rebuild it...
It's very possble. With the Rams jumping up for Wentz (assumed) the 49ers and/or Eagles could be in panic mode for Goff.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And pretty much immediately after typing that I saw Schefter reporting Goff to LA. Looks like that's conflicting with the LA Times' report. Goddamn I love draft buildup.

A campaign of disinformation from the Rams?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very possble. With the Rams jumping up for Wentz (assumed) the 49ers and/or Eagles could be in panic mode for Goff.
Just saw that the Eagles tried to make a move to #1, actually. Evidently Wentz is who they want. If Schefter's report of the Rams leaning Goff is true, that #2 pick just got very attractive, especially with reports that Wentz is evidently in Dallas' top 3 over prospects.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly don't think the Iggles move up for a QB I think they are targeting other QB's they need the RB of the future...

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa at 2? Sounds a bit homerish to me.

He's gonna be a top 5 pick in all likelihood. How is it homerish to call for him at #2 for a team with serious defensive needs?

Strong possibility he goes to Dallas at #4.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that the Eagles tried to make a move to #1, actually. Evidently Wentz is who they want. If Schefter's report of the Rams leaning Goff is true, that #2 pick just got very attractive, especially with reports that Wentz is evidently in Dallas' top 3 over prospects.

Wow, if the Rams jumped to get Goff then Cle will take Wentz I think...

I thought that's who they had pegged in that slot anyhow? :noidea:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gonna be a top 5 pick in all likelihood. How is it homerish to call for him at #2 for a team with serious defensive needs?

I don't see it IF QB goes pick 1 & 2
Dallas gets their man in Ramsey IF San Diego does the right thing and take the LT

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take Goff. WR in rd2

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been against him at 4 long before today.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it IF QB goes pick 1 & 2
Dallas gets their man in Ramsey IF San Diego does the right thing and take the LT

another early 1st round CB? Definitely a need there, but their defensive line also needs help. What was their sack total last year...like 26?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another early 1st round CB? Definitely a need there, but their defensive line also needs help. What was their sack total last year...like 26?
yep....sacks were running at an all time low pace for most of the season. Ramsey looks the all pro part waiting to happen and seems many think that as well. He may end up all pro at both safety and corner like my man Mel Renfro did way back in the day.....besides, better pass rushers than Boza down the line

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep....sacks were running at an all time low pace for most of the season. Ramsey looks the all pro part waiting to happen and seems many think that as well. He may end up all pro at both safety and corner like my man Mel Renfro did way back in the day.....besides, better pass rushers than Boza down the line

I assume that will mark an end to the Claiborne experiment in Dallas. He likely won't be missed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im no NFL scout so I can only comment on what I saw in college. I'm sure whomever he lands at will be pleased.

The entire draft process is so tricky, especially near the top of the draft when you have the pressure of hitting on a pick or the option of trading a potential pro-bowl pick in exchange for a multitude of picks you may still miss on. But, its great for armchair GMs. :)

I know it's CLE and Ohio St here but stripping away the player and team names.

If you are the GM of a 3-4 team and you need an edge pass rusher. You are accustomed your DEs being 6'-4" 285 to 300lbs...Prospect is a very good edge rusher in college, 6'6" 270ish...your OLBs are 6'3"+ 245 to 270lbs...okay, he fits that mold better, but he's never played standing up.

You have the #2 overall pick...are you going to take that 6'6" 270ish prospect? If the DC says, I've got a spot for him to excel at, he's a 3 dwn player...yes, you take him, but if the DC is scratching his head trying to figure out how to best use this player...I think you pass.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like who, and based on what?