• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Really Grinds My Gears

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really grinds my gears is those controversial players that just seem to take over all sports talk especially in the off season. Now I know they are struggling to find stories to talk about but when guys like Tebow, Manziel, and Michael Sam are the biggest talking points during off seasons it just irritates me and gets to the point I just can't watch anything on any of the major sports networks. How about we talk about what a player has actually done on the field?!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An aging Moon and Cunningham still kills the Bears and Browns QBs. Culpepper for a stretch too.

True... and some unlikely Favre magic for a year as well.... 4 NFC Championship Games in that time frame.... But a number of doozies.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice files grievance against Baltimore Ravens - ESPN

Can't they argue that cutting a player which teams can do is not tantamount to a punishment for an infraction like suspension is? I mean, one could then say the league is punishing him twice for one infraction because of the two game suspension and then indefinite, but the "new" video is already argued to change it and the indefinite suspension overlaps with the two game suspension. Would a team reducing a suspension look like it's punishing twice, just less the second time? Wasn't there multiple reason placed to put him on indefinite suspension - how about 2 games for the hit and indefinite for the fib they claimed he told them? Two different infractions. Teams are ok with the drugs policy reducing suspensions retroactively, but want to also retroactively apply a 6 game suspension rule implemented afterwards.

This is contract talk (CBA), not criminal, but even if it were, double jeopardy wouldn't apply really because it isn't a person being found not guilty and then convicted on a second trial, it would be like an appeal due to new evidence (however, whether that was available earlier or should have been and not new evidence is questionable/troubling). Sentencing issue I would have to look up more about.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When people have sigs on a sports forum with a hot chick or even worse, a celebrity. Like wtf are you trying to say? You're claiming here, or you love Emma Watson so much that the world needs to know? That's what really grinds my gears.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
common theme through most of these is sports media gets on a feeding frenzy and will wear a subject out. They tend to parrot what they hear rather than do the work. Two perfect examples are Dallas and New Orleans. Both are performing opposite of projections.