• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What program does the most with the least / least with most?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple:

Most with least -- Boise State (obviously)

Least with most -- Texas (obviously)

Boise does well when they are stepping up for one game but when was the last time they beat a ranked team from within their conference?

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise does well when they are stepping up for one game but when was the last time they beat a ranked team from within their conference?

Forget Texas:

Least with most -- USC.:nod:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Aggy - has access to the exact same resources their big brother has, but yet only 1 NC ever and that was won when Hitler was invading Poland. Easily, without the question, the most disappointing, underachieving program in NCAA history.

2. UCLA - Refer to Aggy, but in California. Could actually be tied with Aggy as the most underachieving, disappointing program in NCAA history

3. UGA - Only 1 NC and has ZERO competition within the state of Georgia as far as recruiting goes from any other state schools to compete for the state's best recruits. The support is there and the money is there, just a major underachiever.

4. SMU - had a couple of great years, but due to paying their players and received Death Penalty. SMU sits in probably the best metroplex in the country that produces the best football talent, yet only 1 NC (tainted). Major underachiever

5. University of Houston - Sits in the 2nd best metroplex in the country as far as elite talent goes, yet Cougar High has ZERO NC's and very, very few conference titles.

I've always thought the state of Texas had some major underachieving schools and it does. I like how people say Texas does less with more, even though Texas is the 3rd most winningest program in NCAA history and has 4 NC's (and could pull a Bama and claim more NC's, but the school refuses to do that), while there are other schools in the state of Texas who are major failures.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most with least:

Boise - Small program, small budget, 2 and 3 star recruits. Yet, BCS bowl wins, top 5 and top 10 finishes.

Oregon - They get mainly 3 star type recruits, but have turned that into a very nice run of success because they are smart about recruiting to their system.

Least with Most:

1.) Texas - For all we here about what a recruiting hotbed Texas is, the results have been pretty inconsistent.

2.) Notre Dame - Arguably the most storied program in cfb with the most far reaching and active fanbase. But like Texas, inconsistent results.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU is my pick for doing the most with least. They are in a state that is saturated with competition, and while BCS bowl games are nice short term, they managed to get into a major conference and turn it into something real for the long term. That is doing the most with only a little.

Boise St has been over-rated for years in general and hasn't really accomplished much. Their best team was in 2010 statistically, had a remote chance of being able to make a National Championship run(wouldn't have in the end anyway though) and yet they lost to freaking Nevada that year. They were the product of a weak schedule and didn't really capitalize on it.

Doing the least with most as far as last year is Florida.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Least with most
1. Texas
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Georgia

^^^^^^^^^^^^
No conference titles between any of these teams since 2009

Most with least
1. Kansas State
2. Michigan State
3. Oklahoma State
4. Baylor
5. Minnesota

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant put Texas or USC up there at the moment. Borh have completely new coaches. I am going to go Georgia at the moment. Just because they are basically the Buffalo Bills of the SEC.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're talking about very recently, then I'd throw Vanderbilt in there with doing the most with least.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time picking Boise State and TCU. They did great in the past decade, but compared to schools their conference, they had a lot of talent. Once TCU joined the Big 12, they have not done much with what they have. When they were in with Idaho, New Mexico, NMSU, Wyoming, etc, then they dominated and won their few big games.

Teams like Baylor, Iowa, Cincinnati, Michigan State, and Stanford had recruiting classes that does not stack up among the top of their conference, but they still were able to compete against the top recruiting.

I actually enjoyed the success of Boise State and TCU during the BCS Era (especially when BSU was all about trick plays), but I have a hard time saying they did the most with the least when a large percentage of their wins were against teams with worse recruiting class.

This. Is. Spot. On.

Baylor/Michigan State/Stanford have fertile recruiting grounds to help them, same applies for TCU.

Cincinnati/Iowa have a harder time recruiting but both programs bounce up and down.

Boise State achieved a lot, but they recruit pretty well with the recognition they've gained in the past. So I'd say they overachieved but now are just average with what they've got.

Achieving the least with most is Texas by a landslide, followed by ND, USC, Florida, etc.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. UGA - Only 1 NC and has ZERO competition within the state of Georgia as far as recruiting goes from any other state schools to compete for the state's best recruits. The support is there and the money is there, just a major underachiever.
While I won't dispute UGa being on the list, I will debate your facts. UGa has 2 NCs, and if you think that UGa doesn't have to compete for Georgia talent, you don't know much about recruiting in this area. All the following programs are within 2 hours of the Georgia border: USCe, Clemson, Bama, Auburn, FSU, and Tennessee. Georgia athletes in the west are just as likely to be Auburn fans growing up, and kids in SW Georgia FSU fans. Georgia is one of the most fierce recruiting battlegrounds in the US.

That said, UGa gets the players ... their NFL success shows that.

As for being a major underachiever, not sure I see it that way. The only thing they are missing is the NC. In the SEC they are holding their own in the Richt era. That said, I understand why they are on the list.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Least with most
1. Texas
2. Michigan
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Georgia

^^^^^^^^^^^^
No conference titles between any of these teams since 2009

Most with least
1. Kansas State
2. Michigan State
3. Oklahoma State
4. Baylor
5. Minnesota

Explain Minnesota. Last time they finished top 3 in the B1G was 1986. And last 8 drafts Minny has sent 5 (12th in B1G)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska could afford to buy any coach on he face of the planet........a lot of people don't know that we literally have endless amounts of donations at our disposal.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska could buy out any coach and build a stadium that towers over anything in the U.S. We don't. I don't know the exact reason why but I imagine it is because we have actual self confidence and self respect unlike Alabama, Texas A&M and Tennessee.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is the literal sleeping giant of college football with a bunch of money grabbing jews at the helm.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is the literal sleeping giant of college football with a bunch of money grabbing jews at the helm.

Go sleep it off Mr Gibson.

KnightAndDay

Separate or shoot to kill
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,129.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most with least - Michigan State, UCF, BYU Honorable Mention: Utah State

Least with most - Michigan, Florida, Miami Honorable Mention: USC