• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What program does the most with the least / least with most?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Snyder for sure, most with least. Plus, he's a good all around person. I love listening to Bill Snyder's interviews when the Big 12 meetings are going on. Plus, he loves the ever living shit out of Kansas State University. He retired, the program was mediocre under Prince then after the school fires Prince, they then ask Coach Snyder if would come out of retirement and coach the team and he does it without hesitation. His coaching tree is freaking amazing too. Always been a big fan of Bill Snyder.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Trust me when I say this but I like the LSU program overall. But when you consider that they get great recruiting classes every year, yet two 3-loss years 1-4 loss year & 1-five loss year. Factor in the number of underachievers and I'm not that impressed.

Underachievers for sure. Not the biggest by a mile tho.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me 3 other programs that have done better than that in the same time frame.
-------
Don't need to. The thread was an opinion thread: "most with the least/least with the most". You also realize that Miles out of all his years had many years with two game losses--I mean Kentucky--and the one year he ran the table, he got beaten in the CCG by a team he beat in the regular season. Plus, IMO, any team that wins the NC with two losses ain't that great--I don't care what conference they are in. Miles has kept LSU at a certain level but I'd compare him to what Spurrier (sp?) has done at South Caroline--you can always expect at least two losses or more on a consistent basis but Miles always has had more talent.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to make this happen :nod:

DjUynm0.jpg

Yes I'm aware that isn't anywhere near 300k, and yes I was bored.

I think the Huskers do own the longest streak for soldout home games going back to the 60's.

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only problem with including Iowa as doing the most with the least is the fact that they've only won a couple of B1G titles since like 1990. It's not really doing "the most" so to speak with Michigan State and Wisconsin-teams with similar recruiting strategies-are winning more recent championships.

I'd agree they get more out of a 2 or 3 star than most other schools, however.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read the entire damn thread. There is nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.

You don't want to have a real discussion or you would read what has been said and realize WHY people say it.

Where has anyone made an actual argument why Texas does the least with most? I just keep seeing people write one word summaries like this, Texas...

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only problem with including Iowa as doing the most with the least is the fact that they've only won a couple of B1G titles since like 1990. It's not really doing "the most" so to speak with Michigan State and Wisconsin-teams with similar recruiting strategies-are winning more recent championships.

I'd agree they get more out of a 2 or 3 star than most other schools, however.

MSU has a far worse resume since 1990 or 2000. MSU has a better one since 2010.

I haven't argued against Wisconsin, but since 2000, Iowa has been to more January Bowls and 1 less BCS Bowl than Wisconsin.

Last edited by a moderator: