• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is Kevin Love really worth these days ?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that this statement will only further the opinion that many (rightfully) have of me being delusional...

But I think Love & Kyrie & LeBron being on the Cavs roster next season is still > 50% chance of happening. I have an avi bet with Turnup on it that I still feel very comfortable with.

I said the same thing last off-season despite it being the unpopular opinion.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that this statement will only further the opinion that many (rightfully) have of me being delusional...

But I think Love & Kyrie & LeBron being on the Cavs roster next season is still > 50% chance of happening. I have an avi bet with Turnup on it that I still feel very comfortable with.

I said the same thing last off-season despite it being the unpopular opinion.

It's hard to say. If this series ends with GSW winning again, things will get very interesting in Cleveland, especially if it ends tonight with Draymond out.

I think the Cavs genuinely thought that if they had Love and Kyrie last year, they win the title. If they lose again while at full strength, in fewer games, with one of GSW's best players out for the final game, that's not going to sit well.

The problem they may run into with Love is, how much has Love been devalued? They just signed him to a max deal and teams may not be willing to part with the players/picks that the Cavs are going to want, plus take on a max deal for a player that they may not think is worth a max deal.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to say. If this series ends with GSW winning again, things will get very interesting in Cleveland, especially if it ends tonight with Draymond out.

I think the Cavs genuinely thought that if they had Love and Kyrie last year, they win the title. If they lose again while at full strength, in fewer games, with one of GSW's best players out for the final game, that's not going to sit well.

The problem they may run into with Love is, how much has Love been devalued? They just signed him to a max deal and teams may not be willing to part with the players/picks that the Cavs are going to want, plus take on a max deal for a player that they may not think is worth a max deal.

I think the Cavs should be patient and see how the first half of the season goes.

One thing that will be interesting is how the Warriors handle all of their offseason decisions and how they look next season.

Love is a bad matchup if you're trying to beat the Warriors - and maybe the Thunder - but he is a VERY good 3rd option to have locked in before the cap raise.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cavs should be patient and see how the first half of the season goes.

One thing that will be interesting is how the Warriors handle all of their offseason decisions and how they look next season.

Love is a bad matchup if you're trying to beat the Warriors - and maybe the Thunder - but he is a VERY good 3rd option to have locked in before the cap raise.

Maybe, there may be more value to him if they wait and then trade him during the season. There may be some teams who feel like they are 1 player away from the playoffs or a deep run and willing to part with more assets to try and make that run.

The problem for the Cavs in keeping Love is that he's not really that great of a 3rd option for them, especially at a max deal, because he doesn't fit their offense. He doesn't get the touches he needs to really get a good rhythm. On the occasions that he does, he plays well, but then it takes away from what Lebron and Kyrie do best.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was taking a dig at the Lakets futility against Boston in the playoffs, historically speaking.

Well, you only have to go back 30 years to get to that futility, so it's very relevant.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

James is patient, so if he feels that Love is the problem then I believe he'll be gone in July.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, there may be more value to him if they wait and then trade him during the season. There may be some teams who feel like they are 1 player away from the playoffs or a deep run and willing to part with more assets to try and make that run.

The problem for the Cavs in keeping Love is that he's not really that great of a 3rd option for them, especially at a max deal, because he doesn't fit their offense. He doesn't get the touches he needs to really get a good rhythm. On the occasions that he does, he plays well, but then it takes away from what Lebron and Kyrie do best.

How many quality third options can you think of who are bad defenders? That is the real issue. He is not given the opportunity to make up for his defensive deficiency because he is the third option. He is talented enough to do it, just not on this team.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter Video
Thought this was pretty funny after his 2 points tonight.:dhd:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Bdub that was a hoot

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, let me get this straight:

Kevin Love did not even dress for Game 3 and scored 2 whole points in Game 5.

The two games the Cavs won.

I think he's a safe bet for Unanimous Finals LVP.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love for Carmelo Anthony straight up

Knicks get a young building piece who is a proven all star and scorer.

Bron gets Melo who can essentially do what Kevin Love does (spot up and shoot) and won't shy away from the big moment.