• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is Kevin Love really worth these days ?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is worth exactly the same as his injury prone ass was worth a year ago and two years ago before the Cavaliers gave up a valuable first round draft pick for him. He is worth nothing and is a player to be avoided like the bubonic plague

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't but I can't blame the Celtics for wanting it...

i'm guessing that is the end result you're trying to put out here...
If you said yes to that, I am going to kindly ask you what the hell are you are smoking. Hell no I wouldn't trade ur first round draft pick for that piece of shit

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
79% is pretty good.

Depends on the drill.

If it is unguarded catch and shoot, then it is good, not great. The best shooters can hit over 90% unguarded on a good day. Mullin once hit 97 in a workout and I am sure Curry could match that too.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe he was just a stat-stuffer and never that in Minnesota in the first place, as I've said five years ago...

We have both been on that train fairly vocally since the CBS days a few years ago.

Love was always a cherry picking stat stuffer for bad teams.

He is the worst rim protector maybe in NBA history. I have contested more shots than he has....

If you don't contest shots and just immediately turn around for rebounds, you will stockpile rebounds but your team will lose because the lack of defense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love's problem isn't that he suddenly forgot how to play basketball or that he was a stat stuffer on a bad team. The problem is the system he is in. He is on a team with 2 ball dominant players in Lebron and Kyrie. Because of this, he doesn't get the ball with the consistency needed to get himself in a groove offensively. He is basically relegated to the 3 point line waiting for a chance to shoot.

If he were to go to a team that relies on ball movement rather than ball dominant players, he would be much better and we would see the same Kevin Love we saw in Minnesota where the 3 was only part of his game.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still a top 15 to 20 player. He's still averaging a double double in spite of being a 3rd option on a team that has no idea how to use him properly (we're 2 years in and they still haven't figured out a way to play as a team). It's not his fault Kyrie Irving shuts down the offense by dribbling around for 10 seconds and launching a shot.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love's problem isn't that he suddenly forgot how to play basketball or that he was a stat stuffer on a bad team. The problem is the system he is in. He is on a team with 2 ball dominant players in Lebron and Kyrie. Because of this, he doesn't get the ball with the consistency needed to get himself in a groove offensively. He is basically relegated to the 3 point line waiting for a chance to shoot.

If he were to go to a team that relies on ball movement rather than ball dominant players, he would be much better and we would see the same Kevin Love we saw in Minnesota where the 3 was only part of his game.

The other key to a system with more ball movement is that it could allow more, better post opportunities. Right now he is just an expensive floor spacer. On a team that did not rely so heavily in dribble drive to create scoring Chances, he could spend more time in the paint.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other key to a system with more ball movement is that it could allow more, better post opportunities. Right now he is just an expensive floor spacer. On a team that did not rely so heavily in dribble drive to create scoring Chances, he could spend more time in the paint.

Agree. That's what made him so effective in Minnesota. He scored a lot of his points in the paint. He actually has excellent touch around the rim. His ability to shoot the 3 was just an added bonus that made him even more dangerous.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then today shows how much Love hurts the Cavs. No one has mentioned defense. Don't care how much flow he has offensively his d negates it

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then today shows how much Love hurts the Cavs. No one has mentioned defense. Don't care how much flow he has offensively his d negates it

Kevin Love's impact isn't that drastic one way or the other if you're using game 3 as an example. It's completely foolhardy to read into that. They played better collectively from an effort standpoint and from a strategy standpoint (extending out). Love is not such a bad defender that they'd be totally incapable of doing that if he were there.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Love's impact isn't that drastic one way or the other if you're using game 3 as an example. It's completely foolhardy to read into that. They played better collectively from an effort standpoint and from a strategy standpoint (extending out). Love is not such a bad defender that they'd be totally incapable of doing that if he were there.

Perhaps. I'll be surprised if he plays again in this series.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I guarantee he will play the rest of the series. Maybe off the bench in Game 4 but he isn't not playing. That makes no sense.

As a Warriors fan I hope you're right

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no.

But, for the Celtics, he's worth #3.

Lots of talent, at positions the Celtics don't need, are available with the third pick.

Unless they have some trades set up to thin the herd, they can't take another guard like Murray or Hield.

Those guys are great shooters. But, they are not pg's and are smallish for.the 2.

Don't you already have 4 of this on the roster?

They could go boom or bust with Dragon, Elleson, Chriss, Brown....

It's gonna take awhile for those guys and you still don't know what you have in Olynyk.

I'd rather have Love....

How the fuck do the Celtics have the 3rd pick after making the playoffs?

NM. They have the 3rd pick from the Nets......damn. They have rebuilt faster than the Lakers. And can continue to do so. :gaah:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca..... Murray's drill results made the Green Team radio talks yesterday. Of course Calapari releases statements that he is the pick with the highest ceiling in the draft................. The 79 is very impressive for that Celtics drill. Their drills are believed to be the toughest...some players wont even participate...

I still struggle to even give up pick 3 for him. He plays no D, so he is a liability 50% of the time.

Comments are here dont suggest he is a top 10 star ..........at most top 25