• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What happened to Seattle today?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's most reasonable explanation I've read.
I said I heard. It was on some chat I was on when watching redzone. However the second part is something I have noticed. How does Seattle lose at home to Arizona in 2013. Obviously the cards started to contend with Seattle the next year but I don't think the cards were at that level in 2013.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
qMKXZKh.gif

u found marge :suds:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey! There's no room in this Cowboys circle jerk for logic and reason! Take that shit elsewhere!

This is why I love Seahawk losses. Apologies to the level headed and good Seahawk fans out there. But asshats like this guy are what makes me smile.

See, if you say anything negative about Seattle after a loss it is like you have just murdered "the 12's" first born child. Claws come out, panties get bunched, and saying things like "everyone has injuries" equates into a "circle jerk".

Gotta love you fools and your easily rustled jimmies.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar to the NO game, several starters out hurt the team. D started poorly (minus Bennett, Shead, Thomas) but picked it up. Seattle OL was dominated all day by TB. 3 rookies started on the line -- normally it's 2 but the 3rd was the center who was making his first career start. The line looked terrible all day. RW was also off, maybe because of how badly he was under siege early in the game. Unusual for him to get rattled though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isnt the same Seattle team. I been saying this for weeks. This should be a 5-5-1 team right now. They got 2 Big time calls that helped them win games that would of be L's. Some might say they got 3 games won by the Refs.

Window was closing last year and this year its get closer to closing. Almost rebuild time. The good news for them Wilson is young and they seem like they have some young RB's.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isnt the same Seattle team. I been saying this for weeks. This should be a 5-5-1 team right now. They got 2 Big time calls that helped them win games that would of be L's. Some might say they got 3 games won by the Refs.

Window was closing last year and this year its get closer to closing. Almost rebuild time. The good news for them Wilson is young and they seem like they have some young RB's.

The thing the Seahawks need to rebuild is the offensive tackle position.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing the Seahawks need to rebuild is the offensive tackle position.
Every team should draft at least 1 OL in the first 4 rounds, every year. OL is where games are won and lost.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell the commentators that, they love your LT that never played college football.

Hey, I like George Fant, too. Sure he ain't no Walter Jones - but he's been better than Bradley Sowell (not a high bar, but the highest the Seahawks have)......

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell the commentators that, they love your LT that never played college football.

For never playing football he's not awful. He's actually been alright the past month. He's getting raked over the coals for the Tb game. But I think that's a bit unfai - the right side was complete garbage because of new starters at center and rt, and the shit rolled downhill.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So rebuild time. Oh well. Where can I dump my 35 years of fandom? Craigslist?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So rebuild time. Oh well. Where can I dump my 35 years of fandom? Craigslist?
35 years??? that's more total years than the cumulative total of all attending fans at most Seattle Super Bowl parties

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
35 years??? that's more total years than the cumulative total of all attending fans at most Seattle Super Bowl parties

Get off my lawn...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess TT isn't as good as you've touted over the years.

Actually I myself feel Mr Thompson has done a decent job of creating depth on the team as I have said in the past. I have felt that if there was an injury in any of the position groups that the player that would be able to fill in and get the job done without any major difference in play of either the offensive or defensive units.

The problem is when injuries wipe out a whole group of position players it is hard to have that may players as back ups in one position that will be able to play as well as the starting unit. This then causes a drop in talent level over all that can be planned against.

Examples would be as follows.

Cornerbacks - The #1, #2, and #3 corners out for 6 to 7 games so you have your #4,#5, and #6 playing instead. Being limited to 53 players on the team and 45 active if you dont put the injured on IR because thet will be healed in a few months limits what you can do. The thing is we now have #2 and #3 back in the last game.

LineBackers - #1 Matthews was out 4 weeks or so along with starting inside linebackers Ryan and Martinez the teams leading tackler who are both out now.

Running Backs - Top 2 running backs out most of the first half of the season with Starks now back in the last few weeks after missing 5 or 6 games. They have tried a few options to show there may be some sort of running game but opposing teams have not had to plan to stop the run game and just work on shutting down the passing.

Tight End - #1 tight end Jared Cook out for most of the season until 2 weeks ago and is now getting back in game shape and has been decent since his return

O Line - Starter Sitton was cut and Lang is hurt and our Center is out and with the center out we scored more that 3 points. A back up from last year took Sittons place and is doing great as you never hear Murphys named called out at all and because of his talent is was not problem to have him take the place of a pro bowl guard. The injury to Lang is being filled by rookie Spriggs from Indiana and he has been doing great. The center position is filled by either Linsley or Tretter and both are very good and would be able to start on any NFL teams. Spriggs was like a 3rd round pick and is much better the the rookie Ifedi taken by Seattle and is much lower cost.

In fact the complete back up Packer O line would be starting if they were in Seattle.

I am happy with the team depth but there can be a limit to just how much can be made up by team depth if a complete roster position is wiped out like this this season has

If you take your team and remove your top 3 corners, your top linebacker and 2 other linebackers, your top 2 running backs, and your top tight end and both of your starting guards my guess is you would see a decline in team play even with your great GM.

That would be 11 of 22 starters.