• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What happened to Seattle today?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded off their best OL man for a one dimensional and easily negated TE, now want to complain when some spares on their OL get hurt. Skill positions on both sides are all still there. I'm pretty sure he is talking about an injury to a RB that Dallas cut.

Pretty sure you're wrong

Earl Thomas
Deshaun Shead
Michael Bennett
Justin Britt
Mike Morgan

No one's complaining. Injuries are part of the game, but this thread is titled what happened to Seattle? Injuries happened and it contributed to the way the team played Sunday. Are you telling me that team would have looked exactly the same had Thomas, Shead, Bennett, Britt, and Morgan been healthy?

Please continue to pretend like I'm saying injuries are the only reason we lost yesterday though. This board never has enough posts putting words in other poster's mouths.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is fatigue from playing a game all the way across the country. At least it was a late game to help with that. It has to be wearing for grown men to sit in a plane for 5 or 6 hours

You have obviously never traveled much...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure you're wrong

Earl Thomas
Deshaun Shead
Michael Bennett
Justin Britt
Mike Morgan

No one's complaining. Injuries are part of the game, but this thread is titled what happened to Seattle? Injuries happened and it contributed to the way the team played Sunday. Are you telling me that team would have looked exactly the same had Thomas, Shead, Bennett, Britt, and Morgan been healthy?

Please continue to pretend like I'm saying injuries are the only reason we lost yesterday though. This board never has enough posts putting words in other poster's mouths.

Throw into the fact that 3 guys starting yesterday on the OL were rookies... Britt, our best OL missing the game was a huge reason the OL was so bad... 2 of the rookies had only 3 starts among them going into the game along with one of them converting from his other position to play on the OL...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throw into the fact that 3 guys starting yesterday on the OL were rookies... Britt, our best OL missing the game was a huge reason the OL was so bad... 2 of the rookies had only 3 starts among them going into the game along with one of them converting from his other position to play on the OL...

Hey! There's no room in this Cowboys circle jerk for logic and reason! Take that shit elsewhere!

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable is the best OL coach in the NFL. 'Hawk fans who blame defeats on him are just clueless. It might be easy to blame Bevell, but he and Wilson work on the plays together so you can't blame Bevell wiuthout blaming Wilson too. And speaking of Wilson, he made some really poor decisions yesterday. His pocket awareness was about as bad as I have ever seen it. The OL was certainly overpowered by the Buc's DL but Russell didn't need to take six sacks. Some of those sacks were just him being unaware.

The best in the NFL? I'd like to see any sort of evidence to support that claim because pretty much anything you'll find points to him being pretty damn mediocre. Sure, he's working with table scraps right now but even when Seattle was first in the league in money towards the offensive line they were still a bottom third unit in the league.

Bevell is just inconsistent. He'll call an amazing game and then follow it up with a real stinker. And you're right, sometimes it's just Wilson having a bad game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth is part of building a Football team and the reason injuries are NOT an excuse:noidea: So it doesn't make it less of a major injury just because we finally built a team that could replace injured guys and keep winning

Romo down, Dak steps in. Collins down, Leary steps in. They were also without the best LT in the game for a little while and Dez too. Defense a little tougher for them to replace guys since talent level not as good. Starting MLB and nickel DE out for the year due to their own stupidity - and best DL also missed 4 games for same dumb reason. Starting CB (mo) and S (church) out due to injury now. Another starting CB (scandrick) was out for a while too. CB everyone moved up one spot and Brown stepped in. Church has Wilcox filling in, but he got hurt also so we played shitty Heath and a rookie for the end of the Wash game and it showed. Injuries happen. Good teams win in spite of them. Bad teams lose because of them. Recently Dallas seemed to be more on the lose because of them side. This year that seems to have changed a little. Time will tell.:hope:
Yeah, the Chiefs have had more than a few big names and contributors get blasted this year. We're just now getting one of the very best players in the game in Justin Houston in real games, and he's still pretty rusty, even against the Broncos; and the kicker is just as he gets back the guy who was leading the league in sacks going into this week has a hammy. Against the Bucs the Chiefs were without Marcus Peters, Jaye Howard, and Maclin; and then there's the neverending Jamaal Charles saga. I don't think anyone feels bad for Seattle. Not to pile on them or anything, but maybe I am just sour after the last two Chiefs playoff appearances have been woefully injury plagued. And this year looks like another year they'll have to soldier on.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure you're wrong

Earl Thomas
Deshaun Shead
Michael Bennett
Justin Britt
Mike Morgan

There exists a certain group of people that just can't wait to whine about excuses as soon as anybody mentions that their team has injuries. These people are like parrots, just repeating the same thing over and over again. There's no real thought there.

Saying injuries exist is just fact. Good teams deal with it and generally can score more than 5 points in an away game against a below average defense.

Luckily last week isn't the norm for Seattle so I'm not expecting this to be a trend. Next week against Carolina is probably going to be a slugfest though. 16-13 type game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There exists a certain group of people that just can't wait to whine about excuses as soon as anybody mentions that their team has injuries. These people are like parrots, just repeating the same thing over and over again. There's no real thought there.

Saying injuries exist is just fact. Good teams deal with it and generally can score more than 5 points in an away game against a below average defense.

Luckily last week isn't the norm for Seattle so I'm not expecting this to be a trend. Next week against Carolina is probably going to be a slugfest though. 16-13 type game.
That's certainly true. Seattle has gotten by with quite bluntly horrible passprotection, and had success even with it, for so long now it's practically assumed they'll succeed despite it. Maybe we shouldn't be surprised when inevitably Wilson looks mortal time to time against what would be considered an unreasonable ask for all but maybe 5 QB's. Raises some questions as what exactly the difference is between what happened tonight and say the 2nd half of last year for many outside looking in, and I'd say that's a fair ask for curious fans. Certainly was what I was trying to figure out just watching the game yesterday.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks offense sucked ass. There's really nothing else to add but move onto the next game.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he's working with table scraps right now but even when Seattle was first in the league in money towards the offensive line .

Yeah, I'm going to need a link for that one, otherwise it isn't worth shit.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm going to need a link for that one, otherwise it isn't worth shit.

2013 Cap Dollars

NFL Offensive Line Spending - Cap

Seattle is first, they were 11th the next year.

Rankings for the 2013 season (some say 2014 but they're ranking using 2013 data):

PFF had them 27th ( 2013 Offensive Line Rankings )

Two others that showed up on google:

Ranked 28th here

2014 OFFENSIVE LINE RANKS | FantasyOmatic

This one is probably the most kind ranking them 9th in run blocking, but they're also dead last in pass protection.

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2013 OFFENSIVE LINES

Basically this was their best year as a unit and they were still bottom third in the league overall including 30th in penalties.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the seahawks didn't take this game seriously and Wilson wanted Winston to win this game. Also Seattle has their division won and likely a first round so they wanted to also throw a curve ball for Atlanta and NO. They did this crap in 2013 when they lost to Arizona week 16 to keep the saints from resting.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the seahawks didn't take this game seriously and Wilson wanted Winston to win this game. Also Seattle has their division won and likely a first round so they wanted to also throw a curve ball for Atlanta and NO. They did this crap in 2013 when they lost to Arizona week 16 to keep the saints from resting.
qMKXZKh.gif

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's most reasonable explanation I've read.