• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What happened to Seattle today?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak> Romo

Dallas has the best offensive line in the league and Zeke > Murray

Yeah, those injuries are real killers
Half the Cowboys starting secondary and MLB are out, a starting guard, DE suspended, not counting Romo. Dez has missed games this year, and a couple other DLinemen have missed significant time. Quit your crying, you don't have any more injuries than anyone else, including the Bucs team that just kicked the Hawks ass

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak> Romo

Depth is part of building a Football team and the reason injuries are NOT an excuse:noidea: So it doesn't make it less of a major injury just because we finally built a team that could replace injured guys and keep winning

Romo down, Dak steps in. Collins down, Leary steps in. They were also without the best LT in the game for a little while and Dez too. Defense a little tougher for them to replace guys since talent level not as good. Starting MLB and nickel DE out for the year due to their own stupidity - and best DL also missed 4 games for same dumb reason. Starting CB (mo) and S (church) out due to injury now. Another starting CB (scandrick) was out for a while too. CB everyone moved up one spot and Brown stepped in. Church has Wilcox filling in, but he got hurt also so we played shitty Heath and a rookie for the end of the Wash game and it showed. Injuries happen. Good teams win in spite of them. Bad teams lose because of them. Recently Dallas seemed to be more on the lose because of them side. This year that seems to have changed a little. Time will tell.:hope:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year when the Seahawks beat the Cowboys there was no shortage of injury excuses.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak> Romo

hindsight 20/20, bruh

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. So the injury excuse is only viable when the Cowboys lose. That's what I figured.

Did you see anyone say the excuse isn't viable? I see a lot of us saying that all teams go through injuries. So not saying it isn't viable, but others find ways to get through it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AH the injury excuse ha ha try like 8 or 9 starters :pound:

They traded off their best OL man for a one dimensional and easily negated TE, now want to complain when some spares on their OL get hurt. Skill positions on both sides are all still there. I'm pretty sure he is talking about an injury to a RB that Dallas cut.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year when the Seahawks beat the Cowboys there was no shortage of injury excuses.
Injuries happen. Good teams win in spite of them. Bad teams lose because of them. Recently Dallas seemed to be more on the lose because of them side. This year that seems to have changed a little. Time will tell.:hope:

Wow, you guys only beat us 13-12 with Matt Cassell and he only threw for 97 yards!!! Damn I forgot about that. Should have been a harbinger on you guys struggling in playoffs. I was thinking Seattle to win it all last year...should have thought more about that game

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. So the injury excuse is only viable when the Cowboys lose. That's what I figured.
yeah...cause that is what everyone is saying...:bullshit:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries had nothing to do with it. Yes, the Seahawks were missing 4 starters from their defense - but they still held TB to fewer points than they average per game (and fewer than Seattle averages giving up per game) and they gave up fewer yards as well. Overall, the defense played really well - and they held TB to 14 points, plenty low enough for the offense to have mounted enough momentum to win.

1) Russell Wilson was attrocious most of the game. He held the ball for too long on at least 3 of his six sacks. I'll talk about the line issues later, but Wilson had several times where the protection was good and he just had no awareness to get out of the pocket once that internal clock should have told him it was taking too long. Even when unpressured, Wilson had difficulty with throwing accurate passes. At least twice he overthrew receivers who had easy TDs - and he threw to the defender's side of receiver. There was a time when Wilson wouldn't even look to throw before tucking and running.

2) The offensive line played poorly. Fant was plain beaten constantly the first half (did better in the second), Ifedi was abused all game and constantly fell for the same stunts, Hunt appeared lost at times, Gilliam was so bad he was benched (Sowell wasn't an improvement) and Glowinski's only positive is I can't remember too much about what he did. The line couldn't open any holes for Rawls, and to be honest I am impressed Rawls got as much as he did with how often TB was in the backfield before he even got to the "hole".

3) Turnovers. Both of Wilson's interceptions were very un-Wilson-like and are a testament to how much TB had been harassing him all day. All three turnovers happened within field goal range for Hauschka, and happened when the Seahawks needed to score. Losing 3/4 of your scoring opportunities to turnovers is definitely not a recipe for success.

4) Being content with late game heroics. I know that Wilson is as good as anyone when it comes to late game comebacks, but yesterday just felt like the entire offense was waiting for the 4th quarter so they could kick into late game comeback mode. Instead of a late push for a win - they got two turnovers and a loss. Sometimes you just have to play all 4 quarters - and Seattle really doesn't do that often - even in the games they win.

5) Travel. This is a minor one, but I think it's a cumulative effect. Over the last 5 weeks, the Seahawks have traveled an insane amount of miles. Flew to New Orleans, back to Seattle, to New England, back to Seattle, to Tampa Bay. This won't end yet, as they have to fly back to Seattle, then to Green Bay before having 2 at home. The Seahawks have traveled more in the last 5 weeks than 9 teams will travel all season (Steelers, Browns, Ravens, Bears, Packers, Lions, Titans, Eagles and Viking).

6) This is just from the Seahawks side, and is not intended to mean that the Buccs didn't out play the Hawks cause they did. I don't think I have watched a Buccs game in long while, so I can't say what they truly did differently than they normally do to help their cause, so I focused on the team I know better. They outplayed Seattle, and even though they didn't score after the first quarter - they still were more consistent than Seattle was. It was a good effort by them, and Seattle gets to travel home with a loss.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries happen. Good teams win in spite of them. Bad teams lose because of them. Recently Dallas seemed to be more on the lose because of them side. This year that seems to have changed a little. Time will tell.:hope:

Wow, you guys only beat us 13-12 with Matt Cassell and he only threw for 97 yards!!! Damn I forgot about that. Should have been a harbinger on you guys struggling in playoffs. I was thinking Seattle to win it all last year...should have thought more about that game

Which individual game are looking at this year to decide who they are?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that why the Packers are going to to miss the playoffs?

There are a variety of reasons why they may miss the playoffs and injuries have been part of it yes. When someone is hurt the person that usually takes the injured players place is usually a back up for a reason.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No this is not a troll thread. Didn't see any of the game. 5 points against that defense? I believe they (the bucs) came into that game as the 26th ranked defense.
The Seahawks have a great defense but only a mediocre offense.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a variety of reasons why they may miss the playoffs and injuries have been part of it yes. When someone is hurt the person that usually takes the injured players place is usually a back up for a reason.

I guess TT isn't as good as you've touted over the years.