• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What happened to Seattle today?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On their best day the OL is mediocre. Today they were horrible. Losing our most experienced lineemen(Britt) clearly has a major impact on the OLs performance.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

Bucs DEF especially. Got their RBs back to balance out Winston...idk if they will do enough to make the playoffs, but I lived in Tampa...talking about the Bucs in DEC was usually about the draft. They have enough young playmakers on both sides of the ball to make some noise down the stretch.

When I watched them that Thursday night vs Atlanta, I made the statement that defense was the worst I've seen this season, Atlanta absolutely did whatever they wanted

Shocked they have done what they have the past couple weeks

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable is the best OL coach in the NFL. 'Hawk fans who blame defeats on him are just clueless. It might be easy to blame Bevell, but he and Wilson work on the plays together so you can't blame Bevell wiuthout blaming Wilson too. And speaking of Wilson, he made some really poor decisions yesterday. His pocket awareness was about as bad as I have ever seen it. The OL was certainly overpowered by the Buc's DL but Russell didn't need to take six sacks. Some of those sacks were just him being unaware.
Don't shoot the messenger. I find it humorous reading the comments on the Seattle board. It's like day and night, week to week.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't shoot the messenger. I find it humorous reading the comments on the Seattle board. It's like day and night, week to week.
The Seattle board is like any other team board. You have a mixture of knowledgeable level-headed posters, knowledgeable reactionary posters, gloom-and-doomers, perpetually optimistic types, trolls, idiots, homers, clowns, and the know-it-alls who think their opinion is more valid because they were on the second string JV special teams in 10th grade. And yes, we get the full spectrum every week. I don't go there much. The Mariner board is much better.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I watched them that Thursday night vs Atlanta, I made the statement that defense was the worst I've seen this season, Atlanta absolutely did whatever they wanted

Shocked they have done what they have the past couple weeks

Yep, they got waylaid that night, but they also had a 3 game win streak on ATL and the Falcons were hellbent on stopping it.

They have a pretty young DEF and it shows up in the form of inconsistency...they got hammered in 4 games this yr...but seem to be a resilient bunch

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seattle board is like any other team board. You have a mixture of knowledgeable level-headed posters, knowledgeable reactionary posters, gloom-and-doomers, perpetually optimistic types, trolls, idiots, homers, clowns, and the know-it-alls who think their opinion is more valid because they were on the second string JV special teams in 10th grade. And yes, we get the full spectrum every week. I don't go there much. The Mariner board is much better.
You're right for the most part. I jump in and out of a lot of the relevant team boards. Sorry to say Seattle seems to have the largest spread of fan opinion when it comes to their team. That's part of what makes messing with them fun. They're all over the board. Nothing scientific about my statement just my observations. Now don't take that wrong there are a couple knowledgable and decent Hawk poster. Man I can't believe I just said that:puke:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right for the most part. I jump in and out of a lot of the relevant team boards. Sorry to say Seattle seems to have the largest spread of fan opinion when it comes to their team. That's part of what makes messing with them fun. They're all over the board. Nothing scientific about my statement just my observations. Now don't take that wrong there are a couple knowledgable and decent Hawk poster. Man I can't believe I just said that:puke:
Seattle sports fans aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. I was at a baseball game in the Kingdome several years ago. There was a family of about 7 sitting in the row behind me. They were gone most of the game buying food and souveniers. Randy Johnson took a no hitter into the 7th inning. When his no hitter was finally broken up, there was a huge applause from the crowd. The father of this family behind me reached out and tapped my shoulder and asked me why everyone was applauding.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, I thought is was Bevell. No no it was Cable. No no it was the rookie safety...

Bevel and Cable are always the low hanging fruit. I didn't see anyone complaining about Terrell. He played alright. Nobodys going to come in and replace Thomas's range, but all things considered they didn't lose because of him. The two tds were scored on him, but I chop that up to poor schematics, the only person who can defend that pass from as deep as they had him, is Earl Thomas and you can't scheme your defense like he's there when he's not. Thomas may have even gotten a hold of the third one (which was called back on an offensive hold).

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevel and Cable are always the low hanging fruit. I didn't see anyone complaining about Terrell. He played alright. Nobodys going to come in and replace Thomas's range, but all things considered they didn't lose because of him. The two tds were scored on him, but I chop that up to poor schematics, the only person who can defend that pass from as deep as they had him, is Earl Thomas and you can't scheme your defense like he's there when he's not. Thomas may have even gotten a hold of the third one (which was called back on an offensive hold).
My rookie comment goes back a couple of weeks ago when Sherman was yelling at one of the non-regulars. I can't remember exactly who it was now?
ET missing really hurts that D. IMHO he makes that D.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No this is not a troll thread. Didn't see any of the game. 5 points against that defense? I believe they (the bucs) came into that game as the 26th ranked defense.

I think they showed if you keep Wilson under constant pressure, you contain their best weapon with Beast Mode gone....But they are still a good team and that's easier said than done, the Bucs did it yesterday....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the assumption with the improved play the last 3 weeks that all the talk I saw from Seahawk fans where they said that the team always improves half way through the season and that the O Line would gel that everything was in place to make a deep run in the playoffs. But something must not be quite right yet but there are a few weeks to go at least.

With this assumption stupid me put 500 Vcash on the Seahawks today and I started the great Rawls on my fantasy team instead of Murry from Oakland. At least I should still win that game after tomorrow night

I benched Murray and Mike Evans on my FF team and started Rawls. Evans was a killer for me on the bench. My cost me the game this week.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rookie comment goes back a couple of weeks ago when Sherman was yelling at one of the non-regulars. I can't remember exactly who it was now?
Thomas, Wagner, Bennett, Sherman, Avril. Hard to say who is the most important, but those guys are the top five. Chancellor still has his moments too but IMO he peaked a couple years ago.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's a lot of good players on that defense and if Kam is out and they struggle, people say that he makes the D or Bennett or Wagner. Because there is so many good players on defense, they play everything straight up and just ask their ultra talented players to beat their man, and they do. But when you add injuries to the mix they don't switch that philosophy up, they ask Frank Clark to do what Bennett does, or Terrell to do what Thomas does. And it usually shows what makes the better players so much better.

Really, yesterday the defense wasn't that bad outside of the first ten minutes. So I won't question their philosophy too much.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad state of the nfc is seattle can go 10-6 and still get a bye

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of good players on that defense and if Kam is out and they struggle, people say that he makes the D or Bennett or Wagner. Because there is so many good players on defense, they play everything straight up and just ask their ultra talented players to beat their man, and they do. But when you add injuries to the mix they don't switch that philosophy up, they ask Frank Clark to do what Bennett does, or Terrell to do what Thomas does. And it usually shows what makes the better players so much better.

Really, yesterday the defense wasn't that bad outside of the first ten minutes. So I won't question their philosophy too much.
Without a doubt a tremendous amount of really good defenders. I'd add KJ to that mix. However, even though Bennettis a huge talent the defense has proven they are effective without him. Quality players cost money. Thus Seattle is missing quality veteran back ups on both sides of the ball.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No this is not a troll thread. Didn't see any of the game. 5 points against that defense? I believe they (the bucs) came into that game as the 26th ranked defense.

The Buccs are simply playing better football. The Chiefs didn't beat themselves last week and the Seahawks didn't beat themselves yesterday. The Buccs are simply playing some damn good football right now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they showed if you keep Wilson under constant pressure, you contain their best weapon with Beast Mode gone....But they are still a good team and that's easier said than done, the Bucs did it yesterday....
As long as you have guys that can cover as well as get to the QB. NE contained Wilson. He didn't run for 80 yards against them unlike yesterday. But, NE sent 2 or 3 pass rushers for a majority of the game. So got little pressure. The current NE LBs and CBs couldn't cover a table with a table cloth.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess they held Graham in check? But ADB killed them.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has injuries
Shhhh that's pound cakes default. OBTW it's considered a valid excuse in Seattle by many. Just not acceptable anywhere else.