• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RAIDERS have signed Demontre Moore.. Not bad, let's see what he has.. All to gain and nothing to lose..
Smart pickup by our GM..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington picked number 33!! Yeah, my number is good for him.. There's goes 33 baby!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny but i see you guys as an 8-8 team more than i do any other in the AFCW.. And of course cd you are not going to like our moves in FA or the draft, Cmon man.. We are rivals dude, never Props just debate.. But we can be cool about it.. Besides everybody gave our FA haul HIGH marks, and you want me to believe a rival fan that it's not?? Cmon be real..

And cd?? I never said that ALL our draft picks will be beast, but again im not going to be doom and gloom about it either.. Our first round pick Joseph looks well like a BEAST and you know he does, so you know he will impact our team.. Jihad is raw, but has the skills like the guy you guys took Gotsis.. They will both be rotated in and out of the lineup till they are BOTH ready for major playing time.. Now Calhoun is ready for pass rush duty, a major player at MSU, and so on.. Im not a doom and gloom kind of guy cd, and you know this..

And as for Malik?? Dude was the number one rated FA for a reason man, whether you like that or not..
And as far as FAs fitting a scheme?? ALL the ones that helped you guys win the SB fit you guys, but our FAs won't fit us right?? Reggie and JDR along with everybody else do not agree with you cd..

See here is my problem Idaho. You always type in absolutes. "You Know he will be a beast" "Everybody gave our FA haul high marks." Both of those are not true.

Here is a website talking about the contracts in general compared to the player and 2 of the top 7 worst contracts signed this Free Agency period belonged to the Raiders...

NFL: 7 Worst Free Agency Contracts of the 2016 Offseason

And no I do not KNOW that Joseph will be a beast. He has a major injury history and is playing one of the most violent positions on the field as a very violent undersized player. Wouldn't surprise me to see him hurt early and often. Throw in usually that violent style while it works great in college can get you in some major trouble with missed tackles and teams doing double moves on the safety catching them wanting to make the big play. So yes I can see him easily struggle or miss major time.

Also Idaho while we are rivals you know I have told you when I have liked moves the Raiders have made and when I have not liked what they have done. I don't care that it is the Raiders or Broncos or whoever. I'm going to speak my mind and try to keep homerism out of it. I would think after the years we have communicated that you would have seen that by now but any time I say anything I disagree with that the Raiders have done you seem to jump to "well you just hate the Raiders." While true I can also try to keep an objective mind about things.

And again I"m not saying your FA's won't work out. What I have been saying is for you to show me how these guys are perfect fits for your team when they played in very different schemes at the last team.

Sean Smith--Played in a press-man very aggressive style of defense. The Raiders play off-man/zone. Look at Aso when he played Press-man with the Raiders and then switched to the Off-man/zone with Philly. That didn't work out well so how can you say this is a great fit? Doesn't mean he can't play it but at least where he has had his success has been in something completely different.

Bruce Irvin--Used more in coverage than anything else. Heck they took him out on obvious running downs because he struggled with holding the edge in the run game. Also wasn't used as a pass rusher which he was drafted for. So now you guys are asking him to hold the edge and rush the passer. Those are two of the last things Seattle asked him to do. Doesn't mean he can't do it just saying to say he is a perfect fit you have no clue.

Oso--Coming from a ZBS in Baltmore to a now PBS in Oakland. Not every OL player can make such a switch. This was my favorite move that the Raiders made this off season as I do think he can play in either scheme because he is just that athletic. Again though completely different mindset in what he is being asked to do as a Raider compared to a Raven.

See I am not coming at this from just a rival fan who is going to hate on everything a rival team does. I'm coming at this from I just don't see the fit considering what they have been asked to do for most of their career.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See here is my problem Idaho. You always type in absolutes. "You Know he will be a beast" "Everybody gave our FA haul high marks." Both of those are not true.

Here is a website talking about the contracts in general compared to the player and 2 of the top 7 worst contracts signed this Free Agency period belonged to the Raiders...

NFL: 7 Worst Free Agency Contracts of the 2016 Offseason

And no I do not KNOW that Joseph will be a beast. He has a major injury history and is playing one of the most violent positions on the field as a very violent undersized player. Wouldn't surprise me to see him hurt early and often. Throw in usually that violent style while it works great in college can get you in some major trouble with missed tackles and teams doing double moves on the safety catching them wanting to make the big play. So yes I can see him easily struggle or miss major time.

Also Idaho while we are rivals you know I have told you when I have liked moves the Raiders have made and when I have not liked what they have done. I don't care that it is the Raiders or Broncos or whoever. I'm going to speak my mind and try to keep homerism out of it. I would think after the years we have communicated that you would have seen that by now but any time I say anything I disagree with that the Raiders have done you seem to jump to "well you just hate the Raiders." While true I can also try to keep an objective mind about things.

And again I"m not saying your FA's won't work out. What I have been saying is for you to show me how these guys are perfect fits for your team when they played in very different schemes at the last team.

Sean Smith--Played in a press-man very aggressive style of defense. The Raiders play off-man/zone. Look at Aso when he played Press-man with the Raiders and then switched to the Off-man/zone with Philly. That didn't work out well so how can you say this is a great fit? Doesn't mean he can't play it but at least where he has had his success has been in something completely different.

Bruce Irvin--Used more in coverage than anything else. Heck they took him out on obvious running downs because he struggled with holding the edge in the run game. Also wasn't used as a pass rusher which he was drafted for. So now you guys are asking him to hold the edge and rush the passer. Those are two of the last things Seattle asked him to do. Doesn't mean he can't do it just saying to say he is a perfect fit you have no clue.

Oso--Coming from a ZBS in Baltmore to a now PBS in Oakland. Not every OL player can make such a switch. This was my favorite move that the Raiders made this off season as I do think he can play in either scheme because he is just that athletic. Again though completely different mindset in what he is being asked to do as a Raider compared to a Raven.

See I am not coming at this from just a rival fan who is going to hate on everything a rival team does. I'm coming at this from I just don't see the fit considering what they have been asked to do for most of their career.
You put some work in cd eh to find that.. No biggie man.. The important people know what's up cd, not some weak web site, cmon man you can do better than that.. And again cd you are a fan and not a GM with highly rated FAs pickups and Drafts.. You really think you know more than Reggie?? Or that weak web site??
Tell me cd, do you think you know more than Reggie or all the people that get paid for opinions??
Again cd, we are rival fans so you will never like what the RAIDERS are doing, it is what it is..
Besides this about you and me and what we think, not what other people think..

I find it funny man that whoever you guys bring in is the right players, but who we bring in are the wrong players.. Why is that cd?? The FAs we brought in are the right ones that will fit what we want to do.. These are not rookies we are talking about cd, but proven vets that know how to play the game.. Why is that hard to understand??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie and JDR along with his coaching staff said these highly RATED players they brought in are the right players and system fits.. Are they wrong and you right cd??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put some work in cd eh to find that.. No biggie man.. The important people know what's up cd, not some weak web site, cmon man you can do better than that.. And again cd you are a fan and not a GM with highly rated FAs pickups and Drafts.. You really think you know more than Reggie?? Or that weak web site??
Tell me cd, do you think you know more than Reggie or all the people that get paid for opinions??
Again cd, we are rival fans so you will never like what the RAIDERS are doing, it is what it is..
Besides this about you and me and what we think, not what other people think..

I find it funny man that whoever you guys bring in is the right players, but who we bring in are the wrong players.. Why is that cd?? The FAs we brought in are the right ones that will fit what we want to do.. These are not rookies we are talking about cd, but proven vets that know how to play the game.. Why is that hard to understand??

Well NFL GM's and teams have shown over and over again that they are just doing educated guessing when it comes to these things. I don't pretend to know more than GM's but obviously plenty of them have been fired over the years for making terrible investments that at the time they thought were a great decision.

Heck look at last year with Julius Thomas. He was considered a top-3 FA hitting the market. He missed most of the year injured just like he did with the Broncos and when he did play was a huge liability in the run game just like he was with the Broncos and struggled to make an impact. Suh for the Dolphins with the biggest contract of FA didn't come close to living up to his contract. Just because you pay big money doesn't mean it was a great decision.

So yes I can see Irvin, Smith, and others not living up to their contracts and in a year be considered a terrible investment. Almost always in FA the teams that spend the most do not make the playoffs. So obviously these GM's are not perfect.

And why is it that every site that says anything negative about the Raiders is a weak site? I mean seriously I have posted from plenty of very credible sites that are used by even NFL teams and yet to you they are weak. No they just disagree with you so you don't like them. Also these websites have people who are paid for their opinions that do lots of research. That doesn't make them right and it doesn't make the wrong. Heck look at the draft experts that are paid huge money or the NFL scouts who are paid to scout these players that continually get it wrong. I mean Chris Harris went undrafted and is a top-3 Corner in the league. Even the Broncos didn't think he was going to make the team when they signed him to an Undrafted contract giving him the lowest signing bonus of anybody they signed that year. Yet obviously he has become a super star in the league.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie and JDR along with his coaching staff said these highly RATED players they brought in are the right players and system fits.. Are they wrong and you right cd??
And they were all highly rated!! Nelson was the lowest rated player, and i think he was like 32, which is still dang good..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every coach says that about guys they bring in. Doesn't mean it is true and doesn't mean it is going to work out perfectly. The Raiders have spent big in the past and not had guys work out. Heck Reggie has spent some pretty big money and yet it hasn't lead to a winning season. 2 years ago almost every one of those guys from FA are already gone. Half the group from last year brought in that you said were such incredible fits for the team are gone. It happens.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well NFL GM's and teams have shown over and over again that they are just doing educated guessing when it comes to these things. I don't pretend to know more than GM's but obviously plenty of them have been fired over the years for making terrible investments that at the time they thought were a great decision.

Heck look at last year with Julius Thomas. He was considered a top-3 FA hitting the market. He missed most of the year injured just like he did with the Broncos and when he did play was a huge liability in the run game just like he was with the Broncos and struggled to make an impact. Suh for the Dolphins with the biggest contract of FA didn't come close to living up to his contract. Just because you pay big money doesn't mean it was a great decision.

So yes I can see Irvin, Smith, and others not living up to their contracts and in a year be considered a terrible investment. Almost always in FA the teams that spend the most do not make the playoffs. So obviously these GM's are not perfect.

And why is it that every site that says anything negative about the Raiders is a weak site? I mean seriously I have posted from plenty of very credible sites that are used by even NFL teams and yet to you they are weak. No they just disagree with you so you don't like them. Also these websites have people who are paid for their opinions that do lots of research. That doesn't make them right and it doesn't make the wrong. Heck look at the draft experts that are paid huge money or the NFL scouts who are paid to scout these players that continually get it wrong. I mean Chris Harris went undrafted and is a top-3 Corner in the league. Even the Broncos didn't think he was going to make the team when they signed him to an Undrafted contract giving him the lowest signing bonus of anybody they signed that year. Yet obviously he has become a super star in the league.
Of course there's always a chance for players bust for every team.. But other than Nelson these guys are in their prime and you will see them up close.. Remember we split with you guys last year with a less talented team..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they were all highly rated!! Nelson was the lowest rated player, and i think he was like 32, which is still dang good..

So was Suh, Thomas, and Murray. NFL.com rated this as the best players in last year's FA. All three were mediocre at best with DeMarco Murray already traded to another team.

The next tier they had was Greg Hardy (can't find work in the league), Byron Maxwell (already traded to another team for pennies on the dollar), Torrey Smith (barely made an impact this past year), Nick Fairley (barely could find work), Terrance Knighton (already signed with another team again this year for a very low contract). All of these guys were on most people's top-15 list of FA's. They were for the most part especially compared to their contract terrible.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course there's always a chance for players bust for every team.. But other than Nelson these guys are in their prime and you will see them up close.. Remember we split with you guys last year with a less talented team..

But you don't know that this team is more talented. You are assuming that just like I assume the Broncos will once again win the division. There is a difference between knowing and hoping.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every coach says that about guys they bring in. Doesn't mean it is true and doesn't mean it is going to work out perfectly. The Raiders have spent big in the past and not had guys work out. Heck Reggie has spent some pretty big money and yet it hasn't lead to a winning season. 2 years ago almost every one of those guys from FA are already gone. Half the group from last year brought in that you said were such incredible fits for the team are gone. It happens.
Reggie had no choice but to spend, we HAD to spend cd.. And look at the haul from last year, it was a pretty good one.. There was some bust in there with Lofton, but we took a chance on him cuz we needed a MLB, but our Rookie Heeney took his spot..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was Suh, Thomas, and Murray. NFL.com rated this as the best players in last year's FA. All three were mediocre at best with DeMarco Murray already traded to another team.

The next tier they had was Greg Hardy (can't find work in the league), Byron Maxwell (already traded to another team for pennies on the dollar), Torrey Smith (barely made an impact this past year), Nick Fairley (barely could find work), Terrance Knighton (already signed with another team again this year for a very low contract). All of these guys were on most people's top-15 list of FA's. They were for the most part especially compared to their contract terrible.
Never wanted Suh as you know, cuz we needed 3 for the price of one, which we got in William, Crabs and Lee and those are just 3 for his price..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you don't know that this team is more talented. You are assuming that just like I assume the Broncos will once again win the division. There is a difference between knowing and hoping.
You guys took a huge step back imo, and KC pretty much looks the same, and even they took a huge hit in losing Smith to us and Houston to injury.. Truth is only the RAIDERS and Bolts look like they added from last year..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie had no choice but to spend, we HAD to spend cd.. And look at the haul from last year, it was a pretty good one.. There was some bust in there with Lofton, but we took a chance on him cuz we needed a MLB, but our Rookie Heeney took his spot..

I get that he had no choice to spend. What I am saying is just look at last year's FA group. Almost all the top guys busted moving to a new team in the 1st year. Have to see how year 2 goes as a lot of times that first year is spent learning the new scheme and getting used to new teammates and coaches but it just shows that just because you bring in the top names doesn't mean they actually work out. A lot of those guys last year were considered game changers that were supposed to really help their team yet they failed and the team failed.

That isn't me saying your guys are going to fail but I'm also not under the notion that they will be great either.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys took a huge step back imo, and KC pretty much looks the same, and even they took a huge hit in losing Smith to us and Houston to injury.. Truth is only the RAIDERS and Bolts look like they added from last year..

Just have to see I guess. Anyway I am out. Have a great evening Idaho.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that he had no choice to spend. What I am saying is just look at last year's FA group. Almost all the top guys busted moving to a new team in the 1st year. Have to see how year 2 goes as a lot of times that first year is spent learning the new scheme and getting used to new teammates and coaches but it just shows that just because you bring in the top names doesn't mean they actually work out. A lot of those guys last year were considered game changers that were supposed to really help their team yet they failed and the team failed.

That isn't me saying your guys are going to fail but I'm also not under the notion that they will be great either.
And yet when you guys had that big FA haul it was all good right, and it worked out for you guys, cuz they were that right players and not the big name ones, sort of like what the RAIDERS are doing eh?? Hmmmm

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just have to see I guess. Anyway I am out. Have a great evening Idaho.
And this is what it all boils down too.. We have to wait and see.. But debating is fun in the meantime, for one it kills time, and it puts more pressure on us fans.. It that just grand man??

No hard feelings man, it's just offseason talk shop is all.. Like last year dude, that was EPIC debating from us..
Come around im always game to talk shop..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will close out my day at the HOOP by say??
The AFCW is wide open to all 4 teams.. Some are picking the RAIDERS while others are picking Denver, KC and even the Bolts.. So it's pretty obvious that a lot of people out there think the RAIDERS are a much improved team and ready to take the AFCW.. This is not only a RAIDER Fan saying it.. It is what it is.. Get used to it, cuz we ain't going nowhere, and only getting better..

Oh did i mention that Washington will sport my number.. 33 baby Silver and Black

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is what it all boils down too.. We have to wait and see.. But debating is fun in the meantime, for one it kills time, and it puts more pressure on us fans.. It that just grand man??

No hard feelings man, it's just offseason talk shop is all.. Like last year dude, that was EPIC debating from us..
Come around im always game to talk shop..

Oh definitely no hard feelings. I know that you and I just both have a great passion for our teams and football in general. While our debates might get a bit heated (mostly my fault) I always know at the end of them that you and I have great respect for one another and our respected teams.

And like you said it is the off season so what else are we to discuss? Now nothing really happens until July when Camps start up. This is the worst time of year for the NFL. Need Brady to go do something stupid again.
And also I will point out that my boy DeVontae Booker took my favorite RB of all times number with the number 20 (Good ol Barry Sanders).