• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well some of the bad you can teach out of them. I don't think you can coach the being a jerk out of Cook. That is just a personality trait that has happened throughout his life.

What I am saying is there is a reason that all of your players didn't go 1st overall. There are reasons all of these players dropped to where they are because like you said they do have negatives about them. It just seems if I have brought up any negative about your players you have completely shot it down and pretty much acted like I have no clue what I am talking about. Or those who have written anything negative about the Raiders just don't understand what they are doing. Well there is a reason that the Raiders haven't had a winning season since what 2002. They have made a lot of bad decisions for a very long time. Yes things look to be on the way up and they look like a promising team but that doesn't mean everything they do is perfect and it doesn't mean that everybody who disagrees with what the Raiders have done don't know what they are talking about.

I've asked this question of you before but your FA class...You keep saying they are perfect fits but most of them come from complete opposite schemes...So how are they actual scheme fits? Many of them have not played in a scheme like that of Raiders so you can't say they are great fits because we just don't know. Doesn't mean they can't play in the Raiders scheme but it does mean most of their success has come playing in a different way than how they will play with the Raiders unless the Raiders are planning on changing schemes on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. I promise you I'm not trying to be mean with these questions just trying to show plenty of people have looked deeper into all of these things and have come to the same conclusion or question I have of "Why?" Why these players?
Well of course not all these players were first round picks, i never said they were.. If you can play ball it don't matter where you were drafted.. And there you go cd having to bring up the past..
85 Year old AL Davis was our GM, and he went ALL in in trying to WIN one more SB before his death, it didn't work out.. And ya know what?? All was all for what he was doing, cuz i respected him, and it was his team..
Now let's just focus on this team, with these players, and GM.. Derek Carr is the QB not the 20 before him..
Again cd, these player we just drafted have faults just like the players that got drafted by all other teams..
Its not about the faults but what they bring to the team they got drafted too.. Our drafted players WILL boost our young team even more this year, and thats all that matters.. Again man, i don't dwell on the bad, i focus on the good.. Joseph is going to put fear in the AFCW WRs, Jihad and Calhoun are coming from everywhere, with their new teammates Mack, Irvin, MEJ, Smith, Nelson, Amerson, etc.. Washington will share the load with Pro Bowl RB Murray while getting handoffs from Carr, and also blocking.. Players have faults, but that's not why they get drafted..

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks MJD as well.. He looks so good.. Take a PEEK at our new RB cd..
At first I really wanted henry but after watching footage. I really like how they filled out the defense. Then I wanted Howard who was available. But after watching footage and looking into Washington. He's A leader and a hard worker with A great attitude. And his footage made me a believer. Combined with Murray that change of pace makes for a very good combination. He has a hint of napoleon kaufman in him too. His YAC is very impressive and he's explosive in space. Can catch the ball and block. I see him as a clutch third down back. That can also come in and split some carries while providing a home run threat.I can see the comparisons to a young MJD too

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I really wanted henry but after watching footage. I really like how they filled out the defense. Then I wanted Howard who was available. But after watching footage and looking into Washington. He's A leader and a hard worker with A great attitude. And his footage made me a believer. Combined with Murray that change of pace makes for a very good combination. He has a hint of napoleon kaufman in him too. His YAC is very impressive and he's explosive in space. Can catch the ball and block. I see him as a clutch third down back. That can also come in and split some carries while providing a home run threat.I can see the comparisons to a young MJD too
For sure Nap Kaufman.. Reggie couldn't hide his smile when talking about Washington.. He's impressive..

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure Nap Kaufman.. Reggie couldn't hide his smile when talking about Washington.. He's impressive..
They may actually have a shot at the play offs. But next years draft is deep too. Especially if juju and adoree declare. I want to see both finish their college careers but I would sell my soul for either

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may actually have a shot at the play offs. But next years draft is deep too. Especially if juju and adoree declare. I want to see both finish their college careers but I would sell my soul for either
We have a great chance at the playoffs this year, we have the QB,WRs,RBs, OL, TEs, and what could be a MONSTER DEFENSE.. Come get some!!
And i agree on JuJu and Adoree.. If we can't get them hopefully they go back to School..
Well, sadly im taking that dream walk that we all must take at some point in the day..
It's been fun posting.. See ya soon..

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juju should go top 4 if he declares adoree could sneak down a bit. But would you believe he normally plays CB? they slot him in at wr for a set amount of plays each game. And he is the most explosive kick and punt returning in the country. Most exciting player in CFB imo. A lot of fun to watch. Blew past half the Huskers defense like they were standing still. Opened the game with a 100+ card kick return

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juju should go top 4 if he declares adoree could sneak down a bit. But would you believe he normally plays CB? they slot him in at wr for a set amount of plays each game. And he is the most explosive kick and punt returning in the country. Most exciting player in CFB imo. A lot of fun to watch. Blew past half the Huskers defense like they were standing still. Opened the game with a 100+ card kick return
A lot of RAIDERS fans are USC fans as well.. I like USC myself.. So these guys are already being mentioned here and there.. We will hear those names a lot here in a few months.. GameBreakers!!

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a ton of footage after @Codaxx gave me more information on Washington. He saw a lot of him being a Longhorns fan. Just read an article he gave me the link to. I'm very excited about the Washington pick

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched a ton of footage after @Codaxx gave me more information on Washington. He saw a lot of him being a Longhorns fan. Just read an article he gave me the link to. I'm very excited about the Washington pick
Yeah, so am i.. Guy just looks like a GameBreaker.. Reggie said, this guy is not a 3rd down back, he can pound it between the tackles with power.. All RAIDER FANS are pretty excited about Deandre Washington..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is sort of a pretty cool stat?? Washington ranked 3rd in PFF's elusive rating!!
What does that tell us?? It's HARD to bring him down..

Shout Out to the Babe, just cuz i can..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario Edwards Jr cleared to resume his career.. Yeah!!
Ya know what this means eh?? PAIN to AFCW QBs..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mario Edwards Jr cleared to resume his career.. Yeah!!
Ya know what this means eh?? PAIN to AFCW QBs..
The RAIDERS are so deep they can play in front they choose at a high level..
And lets not forget, at some point we get Aldon Smith back!! But in the meantime we will rotate Calhoun and Jihad into our DEFENSE!!

You been ThunderStruck!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the RAIDERS will have the BEST secondary in the AFCW.. Imo

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the RAIDERS will have the BEST secondary in the AFCW.. Imo

Not saying they can't but remember the Broncos are bringing back the ACTUAL best secondary in the NFL from last season. They have every single player back plus added some through the draft. Throw in this will be the 2nd year in the same system. Most players say that year 2 is when they actually feel comfortable and play their best in a system.
So again not saying it can't happen but when the best unit from the year before is returning every starter and deeper depth at the positions I have a hard time seeing how the Raiders have a better unit. Throw in you are depending on a rookie to play like an All-Star to make this happen. It does happen but not very often. Most rookies look like well Rookies. Heck even the Chiefs DROY from last year spent most of the 1st half of the season getting picked on and gave up like 8 touchdowns over 8 games. He was terrible. He also allowed I think the 2nd most yards thrown his direction of any CB in the league. So even the DROY was an average Corner for the most part stats wise. He turned it on 2nd half of the season for sure but still there were those struggles. So again even a rookie playing better than the rest of the rookies is still usually an average player at the position.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying they can't but remember the Broncos are bringing back the ACTUAL best secondary in the NFL from last season. They have every single player back plus added some through the draft. Throw in this will be the 2nd year in the same system. Most players say that year 2 is when they actually feel comfortable and play their best in a system.
So again not saying it can't happen but when the best unit from the year before is returning every starter and deeper depth at the positions I have a hard time seeing how the Raiders have a better unit. Throw in you are depending on a rookie to play like an All-Star to make this happen. It does happen but not very often. Most rookies look like well Rookies. Heck even the Chiefs DROY from last year spent most of the 1st half of the season getting picked on and gave up like 8 touchdowns over 8 games. He was terrible. He also allowed I think the 2nd most yards thrown his direction of any CB in the league. So even the DROY was an average Corner for the most part stats wise. He turned it on 2nd half of the season for sure but still there were those struggles. So again even a rookie playing better than the rest of the rookies is still usually an average player at the position.
Im not saying you guys or the Chiefs and Bolts will be weak or anything like that, not at all man.. All im saying is that i think we will have the best one..
Now the reason for that?? Improved pass rush, while you guys took a hit in that department..
And now we add Nelson and Joseph to that secondary..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying you guys or the Chiefs and Bolts will be weak or anything like that, not at all man.. All im saying is that i think we will have the best one..
Now the reason for that?? Improved pass rush, while you guys took a hit in that department..
And now we add Nelson and Joseph to that secondary..

I guess how did we take a hit to the pass rush? I mean if you are referring to Malik being gone then to me you are only looking at one part of the equation. You are forgetting again that this will be year 2 in the same system. Look at the playoffs and how much more the pass rush came alive as they seemed that much more comfortable in the system. You are also forgetting that this will be year 2 for both Shane Ray (promising 1st round pick pass rusher) and Shaq Barrett (put up better stats in one season than your boy Bruce Irvin in some categories). So both of those guys should be improved.

Mostly for me you just have a lot of new moving pieces. Usually when you have that much overhaul at a position group it takes time for them to all gel. Remember one of the most important parts of a secondary is their communication and trust with one another. That takes time to develop. Again why having guys in the same system in year 2 matters so much. You are talking about 3 of the 4 main spots all being new players to the system.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess how did we take a hit to the pass rush? I mean if you are referring to Malik being gone then to me you are only looking at one part of the equation. You are forgetting again that this will be year 2 in the same system. Look at the playoffs and how much more the pass rush came alive as they seemed that much more comfortable in the system. You are also forgetting that this will be year 2 for both Shane Ray (promising 1st round pick pass rusher) and Shaq Barrett (put up better stats in one season than your boy Bruce Irvin in some categories). So both of those guys should be improved.

Mostly for me you just have a lot of new moving pieces. Usually when you have that much overhaul at a position group it takes time for them to all gel. Remember one of the most important parts of a secondary is their communication and trust with one another. That takes time to develop. Again why having guys in the same system in year 2 matters so much. You are talking about 3 of the 4 main spots all being new players to the system.
I get you guys are entering the 2nd year in the same system, as we are.. But you are under selling the value Malik brought to your team.. It''s not all about sacks with a guy like that.. And the MLB you guys loss to Fox as well.. Those are some big hits to that D imo..