• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they make a blockbuster trade, that's the starter!! And that record is pretty right on, if indeed they roll Sanchez out..

I just don't see anybody helping out the SB champs by trading them a starting caliber QB....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the moves the Raiders made this year but then again we have heard before of moves being a grand slam and not working out. Like I said I want to Osomele in the system before I say that is a grand slam hit. The Ravens run a completely different system than what the Raiders run so have to see how that switch goes for him. The other part is nobody knows how a player will respond to big money. That is always the unknown of they have worked their entire career to get that huge pay day and now that they got it they can sometimes lose some motivation.

I mean just some names Albert Haynesworth is probably the most well known. Javon Walker was one for you guys. He played well in Denver then inked a giant contract with you guys. He then went on to only play 10 games and made over $21 million in 2 years from the Raiders. DeAngelo Hall was another one for the Raiders. He ended up only playing 8 games for you guys making over $8 million. Thankfully for you guys you saw it wasn't working well and cut ties early. Outside of the Raiders you have Michael Vick, Shaun Alexander, Joe Johnson, and so on.

That is why for me I like to wait and see what they do on the field before calling them a grand slam. Same when they hand out draft grades. I mean the Seahawks are a great example when they drafted Russell Wilson and others that turned into All-Pro players. They got an F grade from some of the top analyst in the country. So while something will look good or bad on paper it doesn't mean that it will turn into that on the field.

I was cautiously optimistic last season but didn't proclaim it a grand slam, more like a double.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was cautiously optimistic last season but didn't proclaim it a grand slam, more like a double.

Yeah last year there were some moves I liked for the Raiders and some that I didn't. I liked the Hudson signing. Needed help on the OL especially at the Center position plus it hurts a divisional opponent. Too bad he was injured for part of the season. Dan Williams was ok. He only played between 30-40% of snaps when with the Cardinals so paying him like a full time starter when he was a part time player was the only knock I had against that signing. The rest were depth guys in my opinion and so far most have fit that billing. This year are true starters and I do think upgrades at the positions in question. I also thought the Raiders made one of the smartest moves in not only signing Osomele but then locking up Penn as well. Everybody was so excited about the Colts off season last year for all the big players they signed but they signed skill position guys leaving them with a terrible OL to protect the QB. At least to me having a great OL and average receivers is much better than an average OL and great skill position players. So I definitely thought they went the right way.

I still think they need another TE as I am not a big Rivera fan and Walford still needs to prove a bit more. Also will be interested to see if the questions of Walford being a locker room cancer pop up in Oakland. That is why he fell so much on draft day as teams said he interviewed terribly and had bad reviews from some of the coaches. I also think Murray needs a dance partner in the backfield. Otherwise offense is looking good.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see anybody helping out the SB champs by trading them a starting caliber QB....
Not unless they pay a huge price.. With RG3 off the market, Kap's price just went up if they still have him on the market that is..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This years FA's are on deck with the bases loaded.. Boom!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not unless they pay a huge price.. With RG3 off the market, Kap's price just went up if they still have him on the market that is..

I think Kelly wants to keep Kaep personally....that was the appeal of going there imo.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but the Browns made a smart pickup imo.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree with this. Why would his price go up? The Broncos are now only bidding against themselves...no longer can the 49ers say "Well the Browns are offering this much how are you going to beat them?" If the 49ers really want Kaep then he is already out of the Broncos price range anyway. If they don't want him then they will eventually trade him for whatever the Broncos offer just to get him out of the building. Right now I think the Broncos are fine going whatever way things work out. Elway doesn't panic when things don't get done right away and he rarely ups his price to get something done.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kelly wants to keep Kaep personally....that was the appeal of going there imo.
Yeah, seems like Kap is the perfect QB for Chip's system.. Why would he want to trade him, i have no idea..
It might be Media spin more than them really wanting to trade him.. If im Chip, im keeping him..
Kap has played in some BIG games, so he can play.. All the Drama ruined that team more than Kap did imo..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this. Why would his price go up? The Broncos are now only bidding against themselves...no longer can the 49ers say "Well the Browns are offering this much how are you going to beat them?" If the 49ers really want Kaep then he is already out of the Broncos price range anyway. If they don't want him then they will eventually trade him for whatever the Broncos offer just to get him out of the building. Right now I think the Broncos are fine going whatever way things work out. Elway doesn't panic when things don't get done right away and he rarely ups his price to get something done.
It all depends on Chip imo.. RG3

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad!! RG3 is no longer on the Market man.. And the 9ers know you NEED QB!! Give us what we want, or we keep Kap who is the PERFECT QB for the Chip O..
Im shocked Elway didn't jump on RG3!! Wow

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad!! RG3 is no longer on the Market man.. And the 9ers know you NEED QB!! Give us what we want, or we keep Kap who is the PERFECT QB for the Chip O..

But there are still plenty of other options. I mean we still have the draft, Fitzpatrick who threw 33 touchdowns this past season, Hoyer who finished with a higher QB Rating than your boy Carr, and some other options. Yes we NEED a QB but that doesn't mean that Kaepernick is the only show in town.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im shocked Elway didn't jump on RG3!! Wow

From what I understand the did a bit of checking and the character concerns were just too much. I like RG3 but he does have the reputation of being a locker room cancer. From the sound of things in Washington his entire OL hated him and they said in the QB room RG3 wouldn't even speak to the other QB's.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there are still plenty of other options. I mean we still have the draft, Fitzpatrick who threw 33 touchdowns this past season, Hoyer who finished with a higher QB Rating than your boy Carr, and some other options. Yes we NEED a QB but that doesn't mean that Kaepernick is the only show in town.
Carr is a franchise QB dude.. Hoyer is a well, A backup QB!! The Market is drying up cd, Elway should of jumped on RG3.. Bad play by him..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr is a franchise QB dude.. Hoyer is a well, A backup QB!! The Market is drying up cd, Elway should of jumped on RG3.. Bad play by him..

Disagree that it was a bad move. Kubiak is best friends with the guy who drafted and coached RG3. Nobody on this planet knows more about RG3 the QB than Shanahan. My guess is he was their first call as he does live in Denver right now. They probably sat down asked him what he thought and he told them he is a risk and one not worth taking. From what I have read today after a few phone calls to some of his former coaches the Broncos were done pursuing RG3. My guess is every one of them told Elway a similar story of he can be a team cancer.

As for Hoyer being a back up you are probably right but like I said he still had a higher QB rating than your boy. So not sure that speaks well for Carr. He had a very similar completion percentage, more yards per attempt, less interceptions by half, higher QB Rating, and all of this with less weapons around him than what Carr had in Oakland. I'm not saying Hoyer is the best option for the Broncos but they could do much worse. Again Kaepernick is not the only show in town. Let's say they go to the draft instead of getting Kaepernick. Well that means they can keep Clady then even at the price he is at. So now we have some incredible depth on our OL and gives us a guy locked in for 5 years at a cheap price. Means the Broncos would have tons of Cap Space to spend elsewhere to build an incredible team around a rookie.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Hoyer being a back up you are probably right but like I said he still had a higher QB rating than your boy. So not sure that speaks well for Carr. He had a very similar completion percentage, more yards per attempt, less interceptions by half, higher QB Rating, and all of this with less weapons around him than what Carr had in Oakland. I'm not saying Hoyer is the best option for the Broncos but they could do much worse. Again Kaepernick is not the only show in town. Let's say they go to the draft instead of getting Kaepernick. Well that means they can keep Clady then even at the price he is at. So now we have some incredible depth on our OL and gives us a guy locked in for 5 years at a cheap price. Means the Broncos would have tons of Cap Space to spend elsewhere to build an incredible team around a rookie.

Hoyer is also 30.....Carr will be 24 and in his 3rd season when the season starts.....I'd take Carr easily.

I will agree next season is a key one for Carr to see just how good he can be. He needs to continue to make progress and not just stay the same. But, this past season Carr rallied us to 3-5 wins at the end of the game.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree that it was a bad move. Kubiak is best friends with the guy who drafted and coached RG3. Nobody on this planet knows more about RG3 the QB than Shanahan. My guess is he was their first call as he does live in Denver right now. They probably sat down asked him what he thought and he told them he is a risk and one not worth taking. From what I have read today after a few phone calls to some of his former coaches the Broncos were done pursuing RG3. My guess is every one of them told Elway a similar story of he can be a team cancer.

cd, you losing Cred real fast, by even mentioning Hoyer and Carr in the same breath dude.. Stop it man.. Let it go dude.. Elway would give his left nut for Carr!! Anyways this ain't about Carr.. It's about your QB problems!!
Now like you said, Hoyer, Fitz who the Owner from the Jets wants back, and Kap if still on the trade Market??
After that it's pretty bleak.. Shoot, i would take McGloin over any of them!!
Anyways, i don't see a rookie that could come in and start right off the bat, maybe if you trade up to 1 and take Wentz or Goff!! And the Titans are shopping that pick.. Hmmm.. Gotta roll dude..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoyer is also 30.....Carr will be 24 and in his 3rd season when the season starts.....I'd take Carr easily.

I will agree next season is a key one for Carr to see just how good he can be. He needs to continue to make progress and not just stay the same. But, this past season Carr rallied us to 3-5 wins at the end of the game.

I think Carr is a decent/good QB. The biggest thing with him and this was a problem in college too was consistency. He started out this year on fire and his rookie year he had some great games too but he has to be able to put it together week in and week out. You are right he helped you guys to rally in some games this year but I could also point to how his play cost you guys a few games this year as well. The first Broncos game is a great example throwing a pick-6 where he threw about 2-3 yards behind the WR.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, you losing Cred real fast, by even mentioning Hoyer and Carr in the same breath dude.. Stop it man.. Let it go dude.. Elway would give his left nut for Carr!! Anyways this ain't about Carr.. It's about your QB problems!!
Now like you said, Hoyer, Fitz who the Owner from the Jets wants back, and Kap if still on the trade Market??
After that it's pretty bleak.. Shoot, i would take McGloin over any of them!!
Anyways, i don't see a rookie that could come in and start right off the bat, maybe if you trade up to 1 and take Wentz or Goff!! And the Titans are shopping that pick.. Hmmm.. Gotta roll dude..

I'm not really trying to compare the two. I'm showing that there are some guys still on the market that can play at a reasonable rate. The Broncos don't need a top-10 QB to come in to win games. They need a guy that can come in and not turn the ball over and pick up a few first downs here and there. They are planning on running the heck out of the football this year. So a guy like Hoyer could do fine as a 1-year rental if need be for cheap. This is also why I think a rookie could come in and do fine. Throw in Kubiak's system is one of the most QB friendly systems in the NFL right now. He limits the number of reads a QB has to make on a given play. The Zone Stretch Bootleg plays eliminate a whole half of the field and give a QB just 3 options usually of a short, medium, and long throw on the same side of the field. So no real scanning to be able to make a play.

Also there are some rookies in this draft that I really like beyond just the first 2 guys. Lynch, Cook, and Prescott are 3 that the Broncos have been linked to and all 3 are athletic QB's that have shown to have great arms in college.