• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, Carr is on a nice trajectory...As he and his progress goes, so goes the Raiders this season IMO

Yes, like the moves the Giants have made, adding to the dead last ranked defense...Id love to see them think outside the box and draft Ezeke Elliott, the entire offense right now is too reliant on Eli to Odell, and not much else

Giants fans wanted Bruce Irvin, so I guess the Vernon deal makes us even:thumb:
We wanted either one, so it looks like we both win on that front..

You guys are pretty explosive already, and can score with any team as is, then if you guys add Zeke?? Wow!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, i ain't seen that opinion from anybody important, and besides what matters is the RAIDERS think he's a good Corner as did KC, SF, ETC.. So what you think really don't matter.. And i already showed you what PFF had to say about our corners.. Oh but that's right, they have no Cred this year.. Hmmm i wonder why.. They will be one of the better secondary's this year bet on it dude.. And who knows?? We might even add another DB with our first pick..

And of course you think Denver will come out on top!! I would be disappoint if you said they will suck, same goes for KC fan and Bolt fan.. I want ALL 4 fan bases to say they WILL win the West!! It' makes it that much better.. I give all 4 teams a shot, i just think the RAIDERS will come out on top..

And yeah, i heard about Houston.. Crappy for them for sure!! That's like Mack for us and Miller for you guys.. Major blow.. Shefter is saying he might not even play this year.. Ouch!! Injury's are just plain killers!! But sadly part of the game..

Dude PFF has the Broncos graded this past season as the best secondary in football so not like I am only saying that I'm not the biggest fan of them because they say my team stinks. They have said the very opposite. Heck they said the Broncos defense was the highest graded defense they have seen since the website started so again I'm not saying I don't like them because they hate my team in some way.

As for me picking the Broncos. I think it is a bit more in my favor that I am not just being a homer in saying the Broncos will win the West. I mean they have done it 5 years in a row in a variety of ways with great offense and great defense. They have done it with 4 different QB's starting over the last 5 years as well so that is why even without a QB I still believe in the Bronco and what they are doing. Almost every year I have seen analyst predict the doom and gloom of the Broncos just like you are doing here. I mean the Chiefs and Chargers have been the sexy pick over the last few years and I'm sure the Raiders will be this year but the Broncos just continue to win not only the division but usually finish 1st in the conference.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you worry about Irvin cd.. KNJ has major plans for him.. Irvin is big time.. Mack and Irvin coming at you soon!!

And that is fine. Mack you know I have the utmost respect for and put him in the top-7 defensive players in the NFL right now. Irvin though is a pure speedster. Until I actually see him use technique to get after the QB I'm not going to believe in him being a great 2nd rusher. Again the Seahawks have had the best defense overall for a 4 year period. They have done an incredible job of maximizing the ability of their players and yet with Irvin they showed they did not like him as a pass rusher. They put him more and more into coverage because they had 3-4 better options to get after the QB. I mean they have been needing more pass rush over the last 2 years so why in the world wouldn't they use Irvin more? Well my thought is they realized teams figured out that he is pure speed and just make him stay to the outside as he has no counter move to the inside.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude PFF has the Broncos graded this past season as the best secondary in football so not like I am only saying that I'm not the biggest fan of them because they say my team stinks. They have said the very opposite. Heck they said the Broncos defense was the highest graded defense they have seen since the website started so again I'm not saying I don't like them because they hate my team in some way.

As for me picking the Broncos. I think it is a bit more in my favor that I am not just being a homer in saying the Broncos will win the West. I mean they have done it 5 years in a row in a variety of ways with great offense and great defense. They have done it with 4 different QB's starting over the last 5 years as well so that is why even without a QB I still believe in the Bronco and what they are doing. Almost every year I have seen analyst predict the doom and gloom of the Broncos just like you are doing here. I mean the Chiefs and Chargers have been the sexy pick over the last few years and I'm sure the Raiders will be this year but the Broncos just continue to win not only the division but usually finish 1st in the conference.
And they were right, you had a beastly secondary last year aided by a monster pass rush.. Will it be the same this year is the thing.. We shall see on that front..
And the defending champ is not a homer pick dude.. You still have a good team man.. It's just not a once every 10 years type team either.. Big loses on the D side of the ball, and no QB!! The D will not carry you you guys this year.. Now don't get me wrong, it will be a major factor, but it will not carry you guys like last year.. Im afraid you guys will have to put up points this year to win games..

And as far as the RAIDERS being the trendy pick?? For good reason man.. Look at the roster.. Like i said?? I count nobody out in our division.. NOBODY..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is fine. Mack you know I have the utmost respect for and put him in the top-7 defensive players in the NFL right now. Irvin though is a pure speedster. Until I actually see him use technique to get after the QB I'm not going to believe in him being a great 2nd rusher. Again the Seahawks have had the best defense overall for a 4 year period. They have done an incredible job of maximizing the ability of their players and yet with Irvin they showed they did not like him as a pass rusher. They put him more and more into coverage because they had 3-4 better options to get after the QB. I mean they have been needing more pass rush over the last 2 years so why in the world wouldn't they use Irvin more? Well my thought is they realized teams figured out that he is pure speed and just make him stay to the outside as he has no counter move to the inside.
Irvin is going to be really good this year dude.. Im mean REALLY good!! That should free up Mack's game even more..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they were right, you had a beastly secondary last year aided by a monster pass rush.. Will it be the same this year is the thing.. We shall see on that front..
And the defending champ is not a homer pick dude.. You still have a good team man.. It's just not a once every 10 years type team either.. Big loses on the D side of the ball, and no QB!! The D will not carry you you guys this year.. Now don't get me wrong, it will be a major factor, but it will not carry you guys like last year.. Im afraid you guys will have to put up points this year to win games..

And as far as the RAIDERS being the trendy pick?? For good reason man.. Look at the roster.. Like i said?? I count nobody out in our division.. NOBODY..

Right and Miami was the trendy pick last year after getting Suh and spending big in FA. Washington was a trendy pick when they spent huge in FA. Philly when they put together the "Dream Team" as the players called it went something like 4-12 the year they spent huge in FA.

As for the Broncos with No QB how is that worse than what they put on the field last year? Manning was the worst QB in the league and Osweiler didn't play much better. Go look at your precious PFF and you will see they did not like Osweiler one bit.

As for big losses on the defensive side of the ball we lost 2 starters. They were good but they were not our top players on defense. Last year's defense this is how I would rank them...Von Miller, Chris Harris, Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Brandon Marshall, Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Darian Stewart, TJ Ward, Sly Williams. So while they were good players they are also replaceable in the system. The defense should still be a top-5 unit.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin is going to be really good this year dude.. Im mean REALLY good!! That should free up Mack's game even more..

I guess we shall see. When you guys signed him instead of Vernon I cheered! There is a reason the Seahawks didn't even try to fight to keep him and there is a reason they stopped using him as a pass rusher on a regular basis. I have watched his games plenty and beyond athleticism he just doesn't have the tools to be a great pass rusher. You can say hey we will coach him up but the Seahawks have had some of the best defensive coaches in the league and couldn't get him to turn into a great pass rusher. He will have less than 8 sacks this season and it won't be long until your team starts using him like the Seahawks did with dropping him more into coverage.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right and Miami was the trendy pick last year after getting Suh and spending big in FA. Washington was a trendy pick when they spent huge in FA. Philly when they put together the "Dream Team" as the players called it went something like 4-12 the year they spent huge in FA.

As for the Broncos with No QB how is that worse than what they put on the field last year? Manning was the worst QB in the league and Osweiler didn't play much better. Go look at your precious PFF and you will see they did not like Osweiler one bit.

As for big losses on the defensive side of the ball we lost 2 starters. They were good but they were not our top players on defense. Last year's defense this is how I would rank them...Von Miller, Chris Harris, Aqib Talib, DeMarcus Ware, Brandon Marshall, Derek Wolfe, Malik Jackson, Danny Trevathan, Darian Stewart, TJ Ward, Sly Williams. So while they were good players they are also replaceable in the system. The defense should still be a top-5 unit.
Those teams were never really the trendy pick.. The RAIDERS split with the defending champs and held them without an Offensive td in both our games.. We played the hardest Schedule in the league, we were a drop or a turnover here and there from being a playoff team last year.. It's a young team with franchise players on it, with one of the better coaching staffs in the league, etc, etc.. That's why they are picking Oak..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those teams were never really the trendy pick.. The RAIDERS split with the defending champs and held them without an Offensive td in both our games.. We played the hardest Schedule in the league, we were a drop or a turnover here and there from being a playoff team last year.. It's a young team with franchise players on it, with one of the better coaching staffs in the league, etc, etc.. That's why they are picking Oak..

Are you kidding me? All those teams were trendy picks! Go back and look. I don't know how many times Washington spending big in FA they were dubbed a "Winner" of FA to then go have a losing season. People were going crazy for Philly calling them a ridiculously loaded roster.

As for holding us to 0 touchdowns a lot of teams did that last year. Heck in the Super Bowl we only had 1 offensive touchdown and that was after a great turnover put us in the red zone to start off with. We still won by double digits with our offense putting up the fewest yards in Super Bowl history for a winning team.

Can't expect that our offense is going to stay just the same as last year. Just like you are pointing out I can't expect us to have a historically good defense you can't expect us to have one of the worst offenses in the entire league and the worst QB play of any team in the league.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now none of this matters till we prove it on the field.. But people that know the game and understand the game, see that that this young RAIDER team are how great young teams are born..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you kidding me? All those teams were trendy picks! Go back and look. I don't know how many times Washington spending big in FA they were dubbed a "Winner" of FA to then go have a losing season. People were going crazy for Philly calling them a ridiculously loaded roster.

As for holding us to 0 touchdowns a lot of teams did that last year. Heck in the Super Bowl we only had 1 offensive touchdown and that was after a great turnover put us in the red zone to start off with. We still won by double digits with our offense putting up the fewest yards in Super Bowl history for a winning team.

Can't expect that our offense is going to stay just the same as last year. Just like you are pointing out I can't expect us to have a historically good defense you can't expect us to have one of the worst offenses in the entire league and the worst QB play of any team in the league.
It don't matter cd, we should of won both of our games cd.. And you know it.. And you don't understand cd, or you just don't want too.. Those teams went for the big name, not scheme fits.. That's why it didn't work out for them.. We are getting scheme fits that fit what we are doing.. That new GM the Skins have is from the same Wolf Tree, notice how they doing things now.. These are not the same ole teams.. As much as you want it to be..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA worked for Denver cuz Elway went out a got FA that fit what his coaching staff wanted!! And the reward?? A SB!! Notice our FA from last year, all scheme fits!! Notice this class of FA?? Scheme FITS!! Then you add those to Carr, Mack, Coop , etc, etc,etc.. Now you know why they are the trendy pick.. That's how great young teams are born man.. And smart football people see that.. Now again, it has to be proven on the filed of play!!
I give all 4 teams a chance to win the West, but i think we win it.. Im sure KC, Bolt, and Denver fan feel the same way i do..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It don't matter cd, we should of won both of our games cd.. And you know it.. And you don't understand cd, or you just don't want too.. Those teams went for the big name, not scheme fits.. That's why it didn't work out for them.. We are getting scheme fits that fit what we are doing.. That new GM the Skins have is from the same Wolf Tree, notice how they doing things now.. These are not the same ole teams.. As much as you want it to be..

Idaho I can make that same claim. The game you guys won our defense had held your offense to negative yards for the 1st half. You won by 3 points when our offense was down right terrible and dropped a bunch of passes. So don't sit here and act like that is a one way street on that conversation. They were close games that could have gone either way and we split them.

As for scheme fits I could easily make the argument that the guys you got are not great scheme fits. The Chiefs for example play more of a press man coverage where Del Rio and KNJ play more off-man off-zone coverage. Sean Smith is known more as a guy that loves to get his hands on a WR and knock the timing off the route. So how does he do then playing more off his man? We will have to see.

Bruce Irving wasn't an every down DE for the Seahawks. He actually played probably more linebacker than he did DE for them. So is he making the switch to full time DE? How does he handle the run game going up against bigger guys and not having the room to operate?

Osemele is coming from a ZBS where you guys are more of a PBS. Huge difference in what an OL player does. so can he make the switch in scheme?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA worked for Denver cuz Elway went out a got FA that fit what his coaching staff wanted!! And the reward?? A SB!! Notice our FA from last year, all scheme fits!! Notice this class of FA?? Scheme FITS!! Then you add those to Carr, Mack, Coop , etc, etc,etc.. Now you know why they are the trendy pick.. That's how great young teams are born man.. And smart football people see that.. Now again, it has to be proven on the filed of play!!
I give all 4 teams a chance to win the West, but i think we win it.. Im sure KC, Bolt, and Denver fan feel the same way i do..

Also not all your FA's last year were great fits. Curtis Lofton who I told you was overrated has already been cut by the Raiders after just one season. Richardson didn't last long. Nate Allen was cut and then re-signed to a lesser deal because he didn't have that great of a season with injuries and such. So right now I would say Dan Williams and Rodney Hudson are about the only 2 FA's from last years group that have shown much of anything of actually contributing.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry forgot about Crabtree working out well as well.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr and Mack are the main reasons why the RAIDERS are the pick man..
Also not all your FA's last year were great fits. Curtis Lofton who I told you was overrated has already been cut by the Raiders after just one season. Richardson didn't last long. Nate Allen was cut and then re-signed to a lesser deal because he didn't have that great of a season with injuries and such. So right now I would say Dan Williams and Rodney Hudson are about the only 2 FA's from last years group that have shown much of anything of actually contributing.
Yeah i was going to say a few but was typing to fast, cuz im on the move..
But here are the fits, Hudson, Crabs, Webb, Williams, Lee, Smith, Amerson.. All impact players for our team.. I do believe that is a little more players than the 2 you mentioned.. And TRich was a long shot and we really needed a good backup.. He didn't work out no biggie it happens.. And Loften didn't work out either, but thanks to the great drafting by Reggie we got Ben Heeney!! And as far as Allen goes, he was starting to play ok, and even had a game winning pick for us, but got hurt early in the year and never really was healthy from there on..
But again Reggie strikes with cutting Allen and his contract, and giving him a 1 year prove it deal..
Gotta roll dude, if you reply i will get back at ya..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr and Mack are the main reasons why the RAIDERS are the pick man..

Yeah i was going to say a few but was typing to fast, cuz im on the move..
But here are the fits, Hudson, Crabs, Webb, Williams, Lee, Smith, Amerson.. All impact players for our team.. I do believe that is a little more players than the 2 you mentioned.. And TRich was a long shot and we really needed a good backup.. He didn't work out no biggie it happens.. And Loften didn't work out either, but thanks to the great drafting by Reggie we got Ben Heeney!! And as far as Allen goes, he was starting to play ok, and even had a game winning pick for us, but got hurt early in the year and never really was healthy from there on..
But again Reggie strikes with cutting Allen and his contract, and giving him a 1 year prove it deal..
Gotta roll dude, if you reply i will get back at ya..

We will just have to agree to disagree on the impact of some of those guys. Listen I do like the Raiders team and think they will be competitive and maybe even a playoff team this year. I also though see some major holes on that team that I haven't seen filled so far and with draft picks you just never know how they will do. Plenty of guys that were considered pro ready were anything but pro ready. I also need to see the development of Carr. He really tailed off at the end of the season and defenses started creeping up realizing he didn't have the greatest deep ball. Has he improved on that area to force teams to respect him deep? I need to see what the run game looks like as well. It was very hot and cold last year. Defensively how do the new pieces work in the system? What are they going to do with the safety position? Linebacker wise not all that impressed with the group...can they develop into a better unit? Well they have Mario this year? Just a lot of question marks that could go either way. Now understand I do realize the Broncos have plenty of question marks as well. We have seen though wtih winning the division 5 years in a row that they have done a great job of turning those question marks into positive answers.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will just have to agree to disagree on the impact of some of those guys. Listen I do like the Raiders team and think they will be competitive and maybe even a playoff team this year. I also though see some major holes on that team that I haven't seen filled so far and with draft picks you just never know how they will do. Plenty of guys that were considered pro ready were anything but pro ready. I also need to see the development of Carr. He really tailed off at the end of the season and defenses started creeping up realizing he didn't have the greatest deep ball. Has he improved on that area to force teams to respect him deep? I need to see what the run game looks like as well. It was very hot and cold last year. Defensively how do the new pieces work in the system? What are they going to do with the safety position? Linebacker wise not all that impressed with the group...can they develop into a better unit? Well they have Mario this year? Just a lot of question marks that could go either way. Now understand I do realize the Broncos have plenty of question marks as well. We have seen though wtih winning the division 5 years in a row that they have done a great job of turning those question marks into positive answers.
Of course we are going to disagree cd.. That's what makes these kind of boards great!! Talk the talk walk the walk!! Anyways cd, of course we have some holes on the team, every teams has holes on it.. Break down any roster in the league, and there's more holes than the Nevada Desert.. What this comes down to?? Are the RAIDER players better than the players on the teams in the division.. If so we WIN the West.. Simple..
And let's not forget, there is still some players in FA, roster cuts as well as the draft, to continue to fill said holes..

And the reason Carr tailed off late in the season, was the team was just beat up man.. TWO

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we are going to disagree cd.. That's what makes these kind of boards great!! Talk the talk walk the walk!! Anyways cd, of course we have some holes on the team, every teams has holes on it.. Break down any roster in the league, and there's more holes than the Nevada Desert.. What this comes down to?? Are the RAIDER players better than the players on the teams in the division.. If so we WIN the West.. Simple..
And let's not forget, there is still some players in FA, roster cuts as well as the draft, to continue to fill said holes..

And the reason Carr tailed off late in the season, was the team was just beat up man.. TWO
My bad.. Starters on the OL hurt, Coop banged up to the point that he shouldn't have even played.. I mean it is what it is.. And even still, the dude was beastly!! And he has a good DEEP ball, and showed it plenty of times..
2nd year Pro Bowl QB!! 2nd only to Dan the Man in TDs in his first two years, or some sheet like that..
Carr made a HUGE jump from his rookie year to his 2nd year.. No reason to think that he will make the final jump now entering his 3rd year..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can use the excuse of they were beat up but most teams by the 2nd half of the season are beat up...So why do the Raiders get the excuse but other teams don't? I mean our defense over the 2nd half of the season was missing our 2 starting Safeties and DeMarcus Ware yet they were still the best defense in the NFL. To me a Great QB is one that it is not a matter of the pieces around them lifting them up but them lifting the players around them up. I mean look at Tom Brady. Most years has not had a ton of weapons to work with. Hasn't always had the best OL yet is always top-5 in most stats pertaining to QB's. Manning has put up huge stats with lots of different players. Heck before he came to Denver I think DT had his best season at like 600 yards. Came here and has been a 1400 yard a season guy since. So not a fan of using injuries as the excuse of why your QB struggled.