• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has had some health issues for sure. The nice thing with him though is he hasn't missed an entire season. He has played in 12 or more games in 4 of his 6 seasons and always played at least half the season. So risk for sure in signing another injury plagued player but I would say less risk because of less serious injuries.

The stat that I do like though is that since 2010 (when he came into the league) he has given up the 2nd fewest sacks in the NFL for a player with 70 or more starts at the OT position. Last year one of our OT's gave up 5 sacks to your boy Mack in one game. In 6 years Okung has only given up 20 total. So at least one side of our OL looks much better pass protection wise than the year before.
That put a smile on my face, the Mack and the 5 sacks!! Anyways when we were going through all that Penn drama a lot of fans were ok with Getting Okung, as i was one of them as well.. So i already went through all that he is injury prone drama with him.. Some fans said what you just said, other said other things.. And in the end it really didn't matter.. IMO, i think Okung is good, real good when healthy.. He was a very good pickup for you guys, for sure.. But hey?? We have his buddy here in Oak!! Im sure Okung knows who Irvin is..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap!! The Cowboys sign Mayowa to an offer sheet!! Reggie needs to match them, or ugh the dude is a Cowboy!!

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's slightly off topic but March Madness in full effect!!!! Middle Tennessee upsets MSU......I can't believe it!!!!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to PFF not me man.. I imagine it's Amerson, he was voted most improved player or some sheet like that..

Oh okay.....I like him.....he and Carrie showed flashes of being a decent #2 CB. Smith gives us a proven #1 CB and that was important. Just with what we have now I believe we are a lot better.....and we still have the draft to get some more players.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's slightly off topic but March Madness in full effect!!!! Middle Tennessee upsets MSU......I can't believe it!!!!!
I had MSU in the final 4 for crying out loud!! Smh at myself..

Reactions: DJ

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh okay.....I like him.....he and Carrie showed flashes of being a decent #2 CB. Smith gives us a proven #1 CB and that was important. Just with what we have now I believe we are a lot better.....and we still have the draft to get some more players.
Yeah, the RAIDERS now have some of the better Corners as a whole in the league imo..
And the RAIDERS are the ONLY team with ALL five guys on the OL with a 79 rating or higher in the league, so says PFF..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the RAIDERS now have some of the better Corners as a whole in the league imo..
And the RAIDERS are the ONLY team with ALL five guys on the OL with a 79 rating or higher in the league, so says PFF..

Not a fan of Watson and Penn is getting a bit long in the tooth but happy overall about the OL.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Watson and Penn is getting a bit long in the tooth but happy overall about the OL.
Penn.. Ose.. Hudson.. Jackson.. Howard/Watson.. It's a call the Carr insurance OL, so they say all over the net.. It's a power OL.. All Day for Carr, and HUGE holes for Murray and Derrick Henry when we draft him , to plow through..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn.. Ose.. Hudson.. Jackson.. Howard/Watson.. It's a call the Carr insurance OL, so they say all over the net.. It's a power OL.. All Day for Carr, and HUGE holes for Murray and Derrick Henry when we draft him , to plow through..

I saw that on FB.....it was hilarious.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that on FB.....it was hilarious.
Well DJ.. We have AC/DC and now we can add the Carr insurance OL.. RAIDERNATION is the best man!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now FA whining down it's draft time.. And this draft has a lot of good players in it!! There's some good players that would put us over the top.. We coming for the AFC West division tittle!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So looking at our roster the real need now is S help.. And i read this tweet that the RAIDERS want their S to come from this draft, and it's a good one for S!! Instant starters.. Im really liking Darian Thompson, and word has it so do the RAIDERS, as well as the Steelers and Cards!! Hmmm

Anyways S is a need imo and we will draft one, like i said a lot of good ones in his draft..
Now what i want the RAIDERS to do is draft some O skill players!! Our D imo will BE top 10 this year, now i want a unstoppable O!! And we can achieve that with the right players selected!!
Imho OPINION an O minded team WILL win the SB this year..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd you out there man?? If so come and debate man.. I have a team i want to talk about, and you have the defending champs..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching our Offense late in the year struggle with the pass and run game, i would not be shocked to see a combination of WR, RB, and S as our first 3 picks.. Now, alot of that was due to Coop and some OL players being hurt, but i still would not be shocked to see our first 3 picks go something like that..
Pro Bowl Super Rookie Amari Cooper being healthy is the key!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh?? Some rumors out there that the RAIDERS could trade for Mo Wilkerson!! Man, talk about unfair to the rest of the division if we were to make that trade.. Wilkerson on our DL, for get about it, simply for get it!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd you out there man?? If so come and debate man.. I have a team i want to talk about, and you have the defending champs..

What are you wanting to debate? Not a whole lot of action right now in the NFL.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you wanting to debate? Not a whole lot of action right now in the NFL.
cd, there is always something to debate dude.. I was feeling good when i put that post up, and i was in a debate mood.. And you are like SAS or Skip always good for a great debate..
Now im just posting random thoughts here and there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, there is always something to debate dude.. I was feeling good when i put that post up, and i was in a debate mood.. And you are like SAS or Skip always good for a great debate..
Now im just posting random thoughts here and there.

Yeah sorry weekends are my worst time for being on here. I am on Saturday nights usually as I am in the office since I know nobody will bother me during that time and get caught up for the week.

Anyway you know I am always up for a good debate. How about this question...What do you think about what the Chiefs and Chargers have done so far in FA? Start with this then build to our teams.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sorry weekends are my worst time for being on here. I am on Saturday nights usually as I am in the office since I know nobody will bother me during that time and get caught up for the week.

Anyway you know I am always up for a good debate. How about this question...What do you think about what the Chiefs and Chargers have done so far in FA? Start with this then build to our teams.
cd, i think the Bolts are going to be a good team.. They will have one of the better secondary's, as well as good passing game.. And Rivers is still a pretty good QB that can put numbers up.. They have a top 5 pick in which they could add either one of the best D or O players in the draft.. The key for them though imo is Gordon!! If he can play that explosive game he was drafted for?? They could be pretty hard to beat..

KC did good as well, mostly by keeping most of their FAs.. And they added that RT to boost their OL, which should really help their run game even more!! Not to mention they get a healthy Jamaal Charles back.. Then added Streater who when healthy will be a solid 2 WR for them!! They did take a huge hit to their secondary though in losing Smith.. Not easy too replace Good DBs.. But overall?? Both are a threat..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, i think the Bolts are going to be a good team.. They will have one of the better secondary's, as well as good passing game.. And Rivers is still a pretty good QB that can put numbers up.. They have a top 5 pick in which they could add either one of the best D or O players in the draft.. The key for them though imo is Gordon!! If he can play that explosive game he was drafted for?? They could be pretty hard to beat..

KC did good as well, mostly by keeping most of their FAs.. And they added that RT to boost their OL, which should really help their run game even more!! Not to mention they get a healthy Jamaal Charles back.. Then added Streater who when healthy will be a solid 2 WR for them!! They did take a huge hit to their secondary though in losing Smith.. Not easy too replace Good DBs.. But overall?? Both are a threat..

There were things I liked that San Diego did and things that left me scratching my head. Travis Benjamin was a very good signing for the price they got him at. To me he is one of the more underrated WR's in the NFL right now. Mebane didn't really excite me for a signing. 3-4 years ago when he was on the market that would have been huge but a couple of injuries and years later he is at best a rotational piece. Hayward I am going to have to see how they use him. He is a bit of a hot and cold guy. Came onto the scene with an incredible rookie year but has somewhat cooled off since then.

As for the players they kept compared to let walk I thought keeping Gates was a huge mistake. He maybe Maybe has one more decent year left. If I were them I would have rather kept Green. I also was a Kendall Reyes fan just thought they didn't use him right. So for me I look at FA as a time they didn't get much worse or better.

For the Chiefs I think I have made it pretty clear that I loved the move to sign Schwartz. I still consider it the best move in the first few days of FA especially for the price they got him at. I thought they then went and overpaid for Rod Streater. I know they are lacking for depth at the WR position but I thought they could have done more with the money they do have. Really like you said it was more about the players they did keep then about going out and trying to sign other people's FA's. They have a good team just need some guys on rookie contracts to step up and have a decent to good draft and they should be right in the thick of things.

As for losing Smith I guess to me I don't view it as big of a hit as you do. Marcus Peters showed he is a #1 Corner and could enter this season as possibly a top-5 player at the position if he can continue how he finished the 2nd half of last year. Philip Gaines is a guy I really liked coming out of the draft and he has showed promise just needs to stay healthy. I'm sure they will use a top-3 round pick on another Corner but I don't think they will miss Smith a ton. He was good to have as it gave them great depth at the position but they are strong throughout that defense.