• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My knees started aching just reading that!!!

Well mine might be too this year. Have to see how this whole recovery goes this spring and summer. Golf practice today then had a big event for work tonight and man are my ankles killing me right now.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well mine might be too this year. Have to see how this whole recovery goes this spring and summer. Golf practice today then had a big event for work tonight and man are my ankles killing me right now.
Eat some oxy and you will feel much better.. Yup you sure will..lol

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the Raiders need a Dave Casper type TE...ball control, good route runner and nasty in the trenches.
His name is Walford and he was a rookie last year, a beast in the making.. Tape don't lie.. Dude is from the U.. RAIDERS expect big things from him this year..

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His name is Walford and he was a rookie last year, a beast in the making.. Tape don't lie.. Dude is from the U.. RAIDERS expect big things from him this year..

Recognizing Walford was on the squad, I was going to say the same thing in terms of need...my thinking was a TE that's smart, knows when it's zone and when it's man and adjusts his route accordingly, always seems to give his QB a nice target to throw to...that big security blanket the QB can lean on...kind of Tony G like.

I'm not saying Walford can't be that guy and truthfully haven't seen enough of this work to say he isn't now. Target distribution is mostly what I'm going off...a ton to the 1 & 2 WR, but Rivera got quite a few as well so maybe another year in the system and he'll develop the chemistry with Carr...like you said, they expect big things.

Has to be pretty exciting to be a Raider fan right now in spite of the stadium stuff. Good the Raiders are not on the docket this season,...best of luck.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recognizing Walford was on the squad, I was going to say the same thing in terms of need...my thinking was a TE that's smart, knows when it's zone and when it's man and adjusts his route accordingly, always seems to give his QB a nice target to throw to...that big security blanket the QB can lean on...kind of Tony G like.

I'm not saying Walford can't be that guy and truthfully haven't seen enough of this work to say he isn't now. Target distribution is mostly what I'm going off...a ton to the 1 & 2 WR, but Rivera got quite a few as well so maybe another year in the system and he'll develop the chemistry with Carr...like you said, they expect big things.

Has to be pretty exciting to be a Raider fan right now in spite of the stadium stuff. Good the Raiders are not on the docket this season,...best of luck.
ATL96Steeler, by no means am i putting Walford on the level of Casper or Tony G, etc.. Walford missed all of camp and preseason last year, so he was a behind most of his rookie year, but once he got healthy you could see his talent.. Big freakin TE with great hands and knows how to get open, dude is simply smooth out on the field..
The RAIDERS and the fan base are excited about him..

Then we have Rivera who is also a pretty good TE, not the big blocker, he is more a WR type TE, but i mean he could block if he has too, but his game is to get down field.. Now Lee is our blocking TE or should i say our extra OL guy!! We also have another young guy Gabe Holmes, who looks like he could be a good one as well..
Last year we ran more of a WR base O and really didn't feature out TEs like other teams do, and that made me pretty upset.. When you have weapons like that you use them Musgrave!! Anyways i think we will feature our TEs a llittle more this year, and those names we just mentioned will get a little more hype..

And for sure man, it is exciting to be a RAIDER fan right now, but then again?? Im always excited to be a RAIDER fan.. RAIDERS Vs Steelers in the playoffs!! How epic would that be!!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More consistent QB play

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More consistent QB play
Oh i agree for sure man.. Our guy was a 2nd year guy last year that had his struggles, but also had some great games as well.. He needs more work, but now entering his 3rd year he will be ready to play at the next level..

I see the Giants really loaded up on the D side of the ball.. You guys got Vernon and Jenkins!! Young top FAs..
The Giants are going to be a good team this year imo.. One of the early favorites in the NFC in my imo!!
Man, RAIDER fans including me wanted Vernon.. Can't get them all though..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Okung is now in Denver eh.. 5/53.. That's some coin..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Okung is now in Denver eh.. 5/53.. That's some coin..

Not really. The deal is actually more like 1-year/$5 million with a 4-year option for another $48 million if the Broncos want it after this next season. Right now though it is more of a 1-year deal.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. The deal is actually more like 1-year/$5 million with a 4-year option for another $48 million if the Broncos want it after this next season. Right now though it is more of a 1-year deal.
Well, if you put it like that.. Seems like a good deal.. Whats up with Clady??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you put it like that.. Seems like a good deal.. Whats up with Clady??

Clady was plan A for our LT spot. The issue being his contract. He has missed 2 of the past 3 years because of serious injury so the Broncos wanted him to take a pay cut to stay with the team. He actually said Super Bowl week he was willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Broncos. The problem was what the Broncos wanted him to cut down to was not what he had in mind. They wanted him at $5 million for this year and he was refusing to budge from whatever amount he had in mind.

As we have seen with Elway he doesn't wait around hoping that a player will change their mind. He moves on very quickly if that is what it takes. Few years ago after Super Bowl 48 they tried to sign DRC to a big contract and he told them no thought he could get more on the open market. The Broncos then gave the same contract offer to Aqib Talib and he accepted. 24 hours after turning down the Broncos DRC came back and said he would sign the contract but the Broncos said "Sorry moved on." It is a bit of a cold business but these are the type of things you have to do to compete for the Super Bowl.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clady was plan A for our LT spot. The issue being his contract. He has missed 2 of the past 3 years because of serious injury so the Broncos wanted him to take a pay cut to stay with the team. He actually said Super Bowl week he was willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Broncos. The problem was what the Broncos wanted him to cut down to was not what he had in mind. They wanted him at $5 million for this year and he was refusing to budge from whatever amount he had in mind.

As we have seen with Elway he doesn't wait around hoping that a player will change their mind. He moves on very quickly if that is what it takes. Few years ago after Super Bowl 48 they tried to sign DRC to a big contract and he told them no thought he could get more on the open market. The Broncos then gave the same contract offer to Aqib Talib and he accepted. 24 hours after turning down the Broncos DRC came back and said he would sign the contract but the Broncos said "Sorry moved on." It is a bit of a cold business but these are the type of things you have to do to compete for the Super Bowl.
Is Clady still on your roster though, and if so?? Where will he play, RT or will Okung play RT?? Clady seems like a big name, and the last i heard from him was he was going to redo his deal..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Clady still on your roster though, and if so?? Where will he play, RT or will Okung play RT?? Clady seems like a big name, and the last i heard from him was he was going to redo his deal..

He is still on the roster but the Broncos are openly shopping him. They picked up their RT earlier in FA with Stephenson signing. Clady hasn't played RT in 10.5 years so doubt he would want to or would be even all that good at the position. Huge switch from RT to LT or vice versa.

Clady is a big name but it is more for his play early in his career. He was an All-Pro talent at one point but his injuries have really taken a toll. I like him and would have loved to have seen the Broncos work something out but I can promise you every Bronco fan would have been waiting for the season ending injury to happen. He has had foot, shoulder, back, and knee problems. All huge areas for an OL player. And like I said he wasn't willing to come down to the price that the Broncos just got Okung for. So he will be gone as he saves us $9 million in cap space with very little dead money.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still on the roster but the Broncos are openly shopping him. They picked up their RT earlier in FA with Stephenson signing. Clady hasn't played RT in 10.5 years so doubt he would want to or would be even all that good at the position. Huge switch from RT to LT or vice versa.

Clady is a big name but it is more for his play early in his career. He was an All-Pro talent at one point but his injuries have really taken a toll. I like him and would have loved to have seen the Broncos work something out but I can promise you every Bronco fan would have been waiting for the season ending injury to happen. He has had foot, shoulder, back, and knee problems. All huge areas for an OL player. And like I said he wasn't willing to come down to the price that the Broncos just got Okung for. So he will be gone as he saves us $9 million in cap space with very little dead money.
So if for some reason you can't trade him, do you guys just flat out cut him?? That would be a pretty shrew move to cut him flat out.. And for arguments sake, say you do keep him.. Something has to give there.. My guess would be Okung to LG.. Hmmm

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if for some reason you can't trade him, do you guys just flat out cut him?? That would be a pretty shrew move to cut him flat out.. And for arguments sake, say you do keep him.. Something has to give there.. My guess would be Okung to LG.. Hmmm

Yeah they would cut him. Idaho this is just part of the NFL. You cut players even ones that you like sometimes for the betterment of the team. For the Broncos that $9 million in cap space is a big time starter added to the roster.

As for Okung to LG I'm not even sure he has ever played the position before. They would be better going with Okung at LT and then going and getting a LG in FA with the money saved from Clady. Heck they could add a guy like Jahri Evans who has been a decent starter plus then sign Reggie Nelson to bolster the Safety depth with that money. So that would be 2 players with great starting experience for the price of Clady. Throw in if the Broncos can trade him that is more draft capital that they can use to move up and down in the upcoming draft to get the guys they want.

The other part of this to understand is the Broncos are trying to get younger on the Offensive side of the ball. It is why they didn't try to re-sign Mathis. it is why they cut Vasquez. Right now they are looking at our starting OL being Okung-Sambrailo (2nd round pick last year)-Paradis (2nd year starting)-Garcia (promising rookie who had some starts last year)-Stephenson. This would mean 4 new starters on the OL after a terrible year last year from the unit. Throw in the average age of the unit would be under 26 years old giving them time to build together.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they would cut him. Idaho this is just part of the NFL. You cut players even ones that you like sometimes for the betterment of the team. For the Broncos that $9 million in cap space is a big time starter added to the roster.

As for Okung to LG I'm not even sure he has ever played the position before. They would be better going with Okung at LT and then going and getting a LG in FA with the money saved from Clady. Heck they could add a guy like Jahri Evans who has been a decent starter plus then sign Reggie Nelson to bolster the Safety depth with that money. So that would be 2 players with great starting experience for the price of Clady. Throw in if the Broncos can trade him that is more draft capital that they can use to move up and down in the upcoming draft to get the guys they want.

The other part of this to understand is the Broncos are trying to get younger on the Offensive side of the ball. It is why they didn't try to re-sign Mathis. it is why they cut Vasquez. Right now they are looking at our starting OL being Okung-Sambrailo (2nd round pick last year)-Paradis (2nd year starting)-Garcia (promising rookie who had some starts last year)-Stephenson. This would mean 4 new starters on the OL after a terrible year last year from the unit. Throw in the average age of the unit would be under 26 years old giving them time to build together.
Oh i understand players get cut all the time, that was not my argument.. Clady's great LT when healthy, and the investment you guys have made in him is pretty big.. So it's will be a small shock if in fact you guys do cut him..
He won't last in the market long if you do cut him..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh i understand players get cut all the time, that was not my argument.. Clady's great LT when healthy, and the investment you guys have made in him is pretty big.. So it's will be a small shock if in fact you guys do cut him..
He won't last in the market long if you do cut him..
The problem is he hasn't been healthy in years. 2 seasons ago when he actually did play he was a shadow of himself. He was slow, mechanics were terrible, and he wasn't a great run blocker. So we are talking about a guy that it has been 4 seasons since he did anything to get excited about. If he can return to form then somebody will get a heck of a player but the odds of that have gone down with every serious injury.

If he is willing to take a huge pay cut then he is worth it but his salary right now just is not worth it. Now maybe we do keep him and figure something out but I highly doubt it.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is he hasn't been healthy in years. 2 seasons ago when he actually did play he was a shadow of himself. He was slow, mechanics were terrible, and he wasn't a great run blocker. So we are talking about a guy that it has been 4 seasons since he did anything to get excited about. If he can return to form then somebody will get a heck of a player but the odds of that have gone down with every serious injury.

If he is willing to take a huge pay cut then he is worth it but his salary right now just is not worth it. Now maybe we do keep him and figure something out but I highly doubt it.
I have no argument here cd.. I just wanted to know what the scoop is with Clady.. After all you guys just signed a pretty good LT in Okung to i take it, replace Clady.. Okung too has to prove he can stay healthy.. Seems like the guy was hurt as well.. Now im not to sure about that cuz i don't follow Hawk football as much.. But it does seem like he was hurt a lot as well..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no argument here cd.. I just wanted to know what the scoop is with Clady.. After all you guys just signed a pretty good LT in Okung to i take it, replace Clady.. Okung too has to prove he can stay healthy.. Seems like the guy was hurt as well.. Now im not to sure about that cuz i don't follow Hawk football as much.. But it does seem like he was hurt a lot as well..

He has had some health issues for sure. The nice thing with him though is he hasn't missed an entire season. He has played in 12 or more games in 4 of his 6 seasons and always played at least half the season. So risk for sure in signing another injury plagued player but I would say less risk because of less serious injuries.

The stat that I do like though is that since 2010 (when he came into the league) he has given up the 2nd fewest sacks in the NFL for a player with 70 or more starts at the OT position. Last year one of our OT's gave up 5 sacks to your boy Mack in one game. In 6 years Okung has only given up 20 total. So at least one side of our OL looks much better pass protection wise than the year before.