• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What am I missing about Clemson?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to sound like I am taking a jab at Clemson, but am I missing something here? Dabo has built them into a juggernaut machine, but how? He consistently gets top rated recruiting classes and brings in top talent.

It's Clemson, South Carolina. Anyone seen where Clemson is located? It's in the middle of nowhere in South Carolina...Also, the town is like 14,000 population, which I am sure is basically the entire university. You always hear about some jobs being tough because of location. Well, Clemson is a proven rebuttal to any of those arguments. It's in the middle of nowhere in a town not much larger than a village.

They are also in the ACC, I could see if they were in the SEC how they may be able to use their conference pull to get some talent much like Ole Miss or Miss State does, but they are in the ACC..Which seemingly is a conference that can only sustain one power program. If it isn't just an overall mediocre conference at best, it can only prop up one true power program. Seems lately if it isn't Florida State it's Clemson or vice versa.

And it isn't like Clemson is padding itself in a weak conference, they are getting top talented players and can hold their own on the national stage, even knocking off Alabama once and each time putting up big close fights.

So am I missing something? Am I googling the wrong Clemson, South Carolina? Or the wrong Clemson University?

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to sound like I am taking a jab at Clemson, but am I missing something here? Dabo has built them into a juggernaut machine, but how? He consistently gets top rated recruiting classes and brings in top talent.

It's Clemson, South Carolina. Anyone seen where Clemson is located? It's in the middle of nowhere in South Carolina...Also, the town is like 14,000 population, which I am sure is basically the entire university. You always hear about some jobs being tough because of location. Well, Clemson is a proven rebuttal to any of those arguments. It's in the middle of nowhere in a town not much larger than a village.

They are also in the ACC, I could see if they were in the SEC how they may be able to use their conference pull to get some talent much like Ole Miss or Miss State does, but they are in the ACC..Which seemingly is a conference that can only sustain one power program. If it isn't just an overall mediocre conference at best, it can only prop up one true power program. Seems lately if it isn't Florida State it's Clemson or vice versa.

And it isn't like Clemson is padding itself in a weak conference, they are getting top talented players and can hold their own on the national stage, even knocking off Alabama once and each time putting up big close fights.

So am I missing something? Am I googling the wrong Clemson, South Carolina? Or the wrong Clemson University?
Ya They’re proving you don’t need to be a big city team to win championships.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Putt putt golf course, of course.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did basic training at Fort Jackson in August/September of 1985.

So I will tell you....

it damn sure ain't the weather!

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, they are proving you can be in the middle of nowhere and build an empire!

You obviously have never been to a norman, OK. It’s been done before on a bigger scale.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible reasons Clemson has built a football powerhouse:

Clemson-Girls-2.jpg

Clemson-Jersey.jpg

Hope that one don't get the thread deleted. @Edisto_Tiger

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously have never been to a norman, OK. It’s been done before on a bigger scale.

true...true..but Oklahoma was primarily built when the entire landscape of college football towns were mostly small town and bare. In that the Sooners built a traditional power and kept that success going. Clemson just popped up within the decade.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that, they are proving you can be in the middle of nowhere and build an empire!

Clemson sits in the middle of the #38 media market in the United States. For comparison, Eugene, Oregon is #123. Clemson is far from "the middle of nowhere"

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to my knowledge they don’t even have a huge shoe company backing them!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson sits in the middle of the #38 media market in the United States. For comparison, Eugene, Oregon is #123. Clemson is far from "the middle of nowhere"
what is that "media market"? I am looking at a map, it doesn't look like any big cities are remotely close to Clemson. Is that market like including Atlanta and Greensville? The entire state of South Carolina? Don't see how it can be seen as that large of a market.