• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What am I missing about Clemson?

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My oldest son said that when he got to Ft Bliss after AIT his First Sgt asked him if he could handle the heat. When he said "I think so, I'm from South Carolina" the First Sgt said "Well I was at Ft Jackson for a year and it felt hotter than it's ever felt here. You'll do fine." LOL

I know that when I took a trench rescue class for the FD that was held near Columbia it was in an old sand pit. It was September, 98 degrees with 60% humidity and no wind. By the time that week was over my uniforms didn't fit for about two weeks.
You're a firefighter? In SC? How long? Where?

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All you need to know about Clemson university and it's founder, Ben Tillman is the Hamburg Massacre. If you need an overview, here you go ......Hamburg massacre - Wikipedia
also, Clemson was built in the whitest part of SC by design.

Strange....the article you linked named all kinds of graduates of South Carolina College, including the ringleader General Martin Witherspoon Gary and the also indicted Matthew Butler.

Clemson was founded where it was because of the will of Thomas Green Clemson. When he died childless he left the Fort Hill plantation to the state to establish an A&M college because of the fact that South Carolina College had neglected it's duty to educate the entire state, instead concentrating on being the school for the Charleston and Columbia elites.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible reasons Clemson has built a football powerhouse:

Clemson-Girls-2.jpg

Clemson-Jersey.jpg

Hope that one don't get the thread deleted. @Edisto_Tiger
5 - 4 1 3

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better salaries for players at Clemson vs the SEC?

j/k

It's a fact SEC has a higher base salary...

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did basic training at Fort Jackson in August/September of 1985.

So I will tell you....

it damn sure ain't the weather!

I was there June/July 94. The military became pussies then. We had heat index and a lot of modified training so and multiple mandatory water breaks. Lol.

But damn victory tower was fun

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greenville is a little over a half hour away. Close enough for the kids who like the city life but far enough away from those who want the small town college experience.

And based upon the way that Clemson was founded and the fact that it's the Ag school in the state Clemson draws all over the state.

Only a buck-toothed, backwoods, cousin-fucking cretin could refer to Greenville as “city life.”

“But they’ve got an Applebee’s!”

GTFO.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The facilities at Clemson are pretty nice.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My oldest son said that when he got to Ft Bliss after AIT his First Sgt asked him if he could handle the heat. When he said "I think so, I'm from South Carolina" the First Sgt said "Well I was at Ft Jackson for a year and it felt hotter than it's ever felt here. You'll do fine." LOL

I know that when I took a trench rescue class for the FD that was held near Columbia it was in an old sand pit. It was September, 98 degrees with 60% humidity and no wind. By the time that week was over my uniforms didn't fit for about two weeks.
aka as "The Mother-In-Law" of the Army.

But it is a dry heat. Kind of like a blow torch or an oven. None of this steam bath shit.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't do it with glittery helmets and costume changes every week like Oregon tried to......

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Columbia and Pasco County Florida for "best" locations on that show...
I don't know. They chose the Northeast sector for the El Paso PD on that show. That sector is crazy.

And I'd have to so Nye County, Nevada has attracted some of the weirdest suckers from all over the nation.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to establish an A&M college because of the fact that South Carolina College had neglected it's duty to educate the entire state, instead concentrating on being the school for the Charleston and Columbia elites.
Hot damn....this sounds like the Texas - A&M feud.

ceptin you two still play each other every year

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a buck-toothed, backwoods, cousin-fucking cretin could refer to Greenville as “city life.”

“But they’ve got an Applebee’s!”

GTFO.

Must be doing something right. Each year the influx of refugees from the shithole that is Ohio gets larger.