• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What 2 CFB coaches would you love to watch game film with?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gene Chizik and Charlie Weis

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be Bobby Petrino & Mike Price - cause after the film session everyone gets laid!!!!!

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have Nick Saban and Art Briles. Very different styles of play but a lot on the ground. It would be so interesting what they agree/disagree with.
-------
This is going to sound like "old school" but Tom Osborne and Barry Switzer. Both had a true ability to adjust at "halftime". As an added caveat--I'd say currently--in the same direction--Nick Saban. I am convinced if despite what he's groused about the hurry up offense, he'll do the same the thing if it's still around in another two years and with the talent he gets he'll blow everyone out of the ballpark in doing so.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
This is going to sound like "old school" but Tom Osborne and Barry Switzer. Both had a true ability to adjust at "halftime". As an added caveat--I'd say currently--in the same direction--Nick Saban. I am convinced if despite what he's groused about the hurry up offense, he'll do the same the thing if it's still around in another two years and with the talent he gets he'll blow everyone out of the ballpark in doing so.
-
I dont really get only the Osborne and Switzer stuff. They pretty much run a play. I would put them in with a guy like Leach. Guys who run a particular style and do it quite well, but they are not going to deviate much from what they do. Switzer couldnt figure out how to use Troy Aikman, happened to have Holloway to fall back on so it worked out quite well.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has to be Bobby Petrino & Mike Price - cause after the film session everyone gets laid!!!!!

Actually Petrino is one of the better offensive minds in the game. Complete slime, but that would be an education.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Petrino is one of the better offensive minds in the game. Complete slime, but that would be an education.

Petrino isn't the greatest innovator but he is hard to beat from a motivator of talent and might be the best game day play caller. He gets more than his fair share out of his talent and from what I've seen it's not like he has the greatest coaching talent around him either.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woody Hayes and Bud Foster

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
I dont really get only the Osborne and Switzer stuff. They pretty much run a play. I would put them in with a guy like Leach. Guys who run a particular style and do it quite well, but they are not going to deviate much from what they do. Switzer couldnt figure out how to use Troy Aikman, happened to have Holloway to fall back on so it worked out quite well.
-------
Let's be clear on what I was saying. I'm not talking about Switzer's pro career. He was almost unbeatable as a college coach. His teams were pardon the triteness a well oiled machine. Most always when someone got close to beating him in a game he mad adjustments to avoid it.

As for Osborne? He was the mastermind as OC switching offenses that led to the two NC in the 70's. He switched offenses again when he had trouble beating Switzer during the 80's. That switch eventually evolved into the triple option offense which led Nebraska to three more NCs.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Let's be clear on what I was saying. I'm not talking about Switzer's pro career. He was almost unbeatable as a college coach. His teams were pardon the triteness a well oiled machine. Most always when someone got close to beating him in a game he mad adjustments to avoid it.

As for Osborne? He was the mastermind as OC switching offenses that led to the two NC in the 70's. He switched offenses again when he had trouble beating Switzer during the 80's. That switch eventually evolved into the triple option offense which led Nebraska to three more NCs.

Never thought of either as great innovators. Both were later adopters of the wishbone. Switzer was a motivator and recruiter. Nebraska went from I attack to the I-bone. If I am looking at a "bone" coach, I am going to talk to Fisher Deberry. His Spread bone was an interesting twist and applicable in today's world. This actually could be an interesting side note for a thread. Who are the most influential coaches of modern football. By the way, I am shocked nobody mentions the father of the modern passing game and Bill Walsh. Not known as a College coach, but that is where he developed the West Coast offense and changed football forever.

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
homer pick: Kingsbury (and I think it might be kind of cool anyways)

other pick: Les Miles... there's no telling what crazy shit he would spout

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought of either as great innovators. Both were later adopters of the wishbone. Switzer was a motivator and recruiter. Nebraska went from I attack to the I-bone. If I am looking at a "bone" coach, I am going to talk to Fisher Deberry. His Spread bone was an interesting twist and applicable in today's world. This actually could be an interesting side note for a thread. Who are the most influential coaches of modern football. By the way, I am shocked nobody mentions the father of the modern passing game and Bill Walsh. Not known as a College coach, but that is where he developed the West Coast offense and changed football forever.
-------
Switzer may not have invented the wishbone....I cannot remember that far back. But he sure as hell refined it almost to perfection. Osborne? Others have tried to emulate what he accomplished with the triple option but no one has succeeded.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
homer pick: Kingsbury (and I think it might be kind of cool anyways)

other pick: Les Miles... there's no telling what crazy shit he would spout

Listening to Coach Bro talking in his wigger voice would be fucking annoying as hell. Somebody needs to tell that dude he's white....

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, gotcha. I barely remember who he was/is.

He's a cocky fucker. Met him when he was a Sr at Tech at some random party I was at. I'll always remember some guy at that party told him to look in the fucking mirror b/c he's not black....

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a cocky fucker. Met him when he was a Sr at Tech at some random party I was at. I'll always remember some guy at that party told him to look in the fucking mirror b/c he's not black....

Sounds like he has an identity crisis. Never been cool with poser wannabes.