• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: Lakers vs Nuggets

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played pretty bad defense, didn't rotate...guys were wide open it seemed like every shot for Denver. Kudos to them, they had a gameplan and they weren't missing.

I really do think for this young Denver team the no crowd is a huge advantage for them. I know it seems like this young team is evolving but not as much pressure with no crowd. I expect this team to keep contending but honestly they might never have another opportunity like this..not even joking. Yeah you had to get past Kawhi and PG3, then Lebron and AD but the supporting cast is a hit or miss. Just saying, Denver isn't taking this for granted and they shouldn't. I've seen young teams get far in the playoffs and never reach that point again, but having Jokic and Murray wrapped up for years to come helps. I just think Murray is absolutely thriving with this bubble situation, just my opinion, and maybe this gives him confidence to sustain it further in his career or maybe he goes back to All-Star caliber Murray and not star Murray. Should be interesting to see what certain teams do next season or whenever we have a normal NBA season again.

Yeah, the Nuggets are just in a routine now. They know they're playing every other day on the same court with no crowd. Sure, the Lakers are benefiting from the same bubble routine, too, but as the veteran team, maybe they would deal with crowds and the back and forth between cities better. Denver does lose the high altitude home court, though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Nuggets are just in a routine now. They know they're playing every other day on the same court with no crowd. Sure, the Lakers are benefiting from the same bubble routine, too, but as the veteran team, maybe they would deal with crowds and the back and forth between cities better. Denver does lose the high altitude home court, though.

Lebron thrives with the crowd I feel like...a young team like Denver probably would have lost to the Clippers imo. This is a perfect chance for a team like Denver, Miami, even Boston to take home the title. I don't think we would see the same outcome with a crowd...doesn't take anything away from the way Denver is playing but they look very comfortable.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron thrives with the crowd I feel like...a young team like Denver probably would have lost to the Clippers imo. This is a perfect chance for a team like Denver, Miami, even Boston to take home the title. I don't think we would see the same outcome with a crowd...doesn't take anything away from the way Denver is playing but they look very comfortable.

Yeah, they look comfortable (especially Murray and Jokic, who both look a lot more comfortable now compared to Game 1), and it sounds like Malone's got them believing in themselves and angry that they're not up 2-1. I saw that both Malone and Murray mentioned that Game 2 was given away in their post game comments last night. Probability is still currently on the Lakers' side, of course, but the Nuggets aren't going to make it easy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that he will last that long, which is why he is saved for the second half. He has 4, 5, and 4 PFs in 16, 13, and 14 mpg respectively in this series. If Howard could stop the stupid fouls and cheap shots, sure.

Inexcusable for him to not have 6 fouls every game the way he has been playing.

Put him in the game. When he fouls out, you move on to the next guy.

Want to bench him with his 3rd first half foul? Fine. But leaving him on the bench with 4 is a bad move.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have to clean-up their rebounding issues, defensive lapses, and sucky 3-point and Free Throw shooting. It looked like they took the night off or something until they woke-up and made a go of it which came-up short.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers have to clean-up their rebounding issues, defensive lapses, and sucky 3-point and Free Throw shooting. It looked like they took the night off or something until they woke-up and made a go of it which came-up short.

Sums it up for me too. Like they spent all afternoon watching football, then realized they had to play a game too.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He fouls too much to start him and still have him available late. I think starting McGee is OK.

Yeah, McGee's contributions can be a little more subtle and he's usually a good energy guy. I think he got caught up in the malaise that the starters had at the start of game 3.

In game 1, he kind of set the tone by blocking Jokers first shot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These motherfuckers better get their shit together or it'll soon be 2-2

That being said I have a feeling it'll be 3-1 by the end of the day. And I haven't been wrong in these playoffs yet.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Despite their bad D and sloppy turnovers, the team still brought a 20 point deficit down to 3 by forcing five straight turnovers on Denver and some very impressive defense by Rondo at the start of the 4th quarter.

But other than uncontested dunks and layups, their shot selection during that time was terrible. You're only down by 3 - don't go jacking up terrible three-point attempts after wasting 23 seconds off the shot clock.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That being said I have a feeling it'll be 3-1 by the end of the day. And I haven't been wrong in these playoffs yet.

Star Wars Adulthood GIF

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 words for tonight's game...

better...defensive...effort...

let's hope your record stays spotless then...

Last edited: