• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: Lakers vs Nuggets

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible effort to start the game. You had to know Denver was going to fight and many of the Lakers just came out coasting. They shot like ass, especially from 3 and settled for way too much crap. Lots of wasting time draining the shot clock down and having to rush some bad shot. They got outrebounded by a ton. That's all effort (or lack of it). The small line up didn't work (I'm skeptical of Lebron/Rondo/Caruso anyway. I'd rather have KCP or Green in place of Caruso), Vogel should have played Howard more this game especially considering he was like the only non Lebron/AD player that was playing well and had any kind of energy.

You're messing up giving this team life.

Vogel’s rotations were stupid.

Howard needs to start game 4. He is averaging 14 minutes a game and he is +23 over the 3 games.

He is by far the best option to guard Jokic and the team plays with energy while he is on the court.

Howard needs to play at least 20, and maybe 25+ minutes from here on out.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

They literally came back from 3-1 twice.

There are better teams remaining, but there isn’t a team with more heart than Denver.

And they're going to fight like hell to not go down 3-1 again. At least that would be my mantra if I were Nugget.

And with the games being every other day until the end of the series and the Nuggets being the younger team, I wonder if that helps them. I actually didn't realize that Jokic was only 25.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogel’s rotations were stupid.

Howard needs to start game 4. He is averaging 14 minutes a game and he is +23 over the 3 games.

He is by far the best option to guard Jokic and the team plays with energy while he is on the court.

Howard needs to play at least 20, and maybe 25+ minutes from here on out.

It would also help if they would pass him the damn ball. Lebron is like the only one that does this and he still doesn't do it enough. I'm not saying you play thru Howard, but it annoys the fuck out of me when Howard is literally standing underneath the basket, hands up with a smaller guy on him, they look at him, and don't pass him the ball. Like WTF! All he literally has to do is turn around and its a dunk.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible. Nuggets can only win series when they're down 3-1.

Come to think of it, the Lakers should probably lose Game 4 if they want to win this series
Lakers shot terrible tonight and yet they still erased a 20 point deficit down to 2 at point before losing control - I still don't think the Nuggets can do to the Lakers what they did to the Clippers who gave up. Lot of elbows tonight

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers shot terrible tonight and yet they still erased a 20 point deficit down to 2 at point before losing control - I still don't think the Nuggets can do to the Lakers what they did to the Clippers who gave up. Lot of elbows tonight

You can make the case that the Nuggets are a poor miscommunication away from being up 2-1. The teams look very even the last 2 games

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been beating this drum for awhile. He looked good on a shitty team. He can't find a place on a good one.

Yeah, he seems to usually make the wrong play. He'll hit a open 3, but he's still not making a good percentage of his 3's. He seems pretty clueless on defense and fouls a lot. The only thing I've seen him do well is finishing inside, probably because of his height and good length. So at least he has that over Austin Rivers.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can make the case that the Nuggets are a poor miscommunication away from being up 2-1. The teams look very even the last 2 games

I wonder how pissed the Nuggets are that they aren't up 2-1. Oh well, the only thing they can do is take it out on the Lakers in Game 4.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very good one as well - but the Nuggets are a young team - and inexperience is always going to a problem for young teams - their method of being down 1 to 3 on a routine basis and expecting to be able to flip a switch and come back is not a good strategy - I have seen that one before.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how pissed the Nuggets are that they aren't up 2-1. Oh well, the only thing they can do is take it out on the Lakers in Game 4.
I am sure that both teams can look back and wish they had done something different - the Lakers shouldn't have let the Denver Nuggets come back in that game to begin with

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible effort to start the game. You had to know Denver was going to fight and many of the Lakers just came out coasting. They shot like ass, especially from 3 and settled for way too much crap. Lots of wasting time draining the shot clock down and having to rush some bad shot. They got outrebounded by a ton. That's all effort (or lack of it). The small line up didn't work (I'm skeptical of Lebron/Rondo/Caruso anyway. I'd rather have KCP or Green in place of Caruso), Vogel should have played Howard more this game especially considering he was like the only non Lebron/AD player that was playing well and had any kind of energy.

You're messing up giving this team life.
No one expected a sweep. So today was Denver's to lose. AD was ass. It happens. Lakers aren't orders of magnitude better.

Kung Fu Black Belt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers got Kung fu’d upside the head tonight. Nuggets too much power and tenacity.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers were due for a bad/flat game and Denver didn't want to go down 3-0. AD played like a 7 foot shooting guard instead of attacking the rim. He needs to be aggressive and attack the paint, that will open up the rest of the offense. The Nuggets have no answers for him inside.

They also decided to wait until the 4th quarter to actually play defense. Gotta jump on them early with the defense so they don't get comfortable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers were due for a bad/flat game and Denver didn't want to go down 3-0. AD played like a 7 foot shooting guard instead of attacking the rim. He needs to be aggressive and attack the paint, that will open up the rest of the offense. The Nuggets have no answers for him inside.

They also decided to wait until the 4th quarter to actually play defense. Gotta jump on them early with the defense so they don't get comfortable.

They played pretty bad defense, didn't rotate...guys were wide open it seemed like every shot for Denver. Kudos to them, they had a gameplan and they weren't missing.

I really do think for this young Denver team the no crowd is a huge advantage for them. I know it seems like this young team is evolving but not as much pressure with no crowd. I expect this team to keep contending but honestly they might never have another opportunity like this..not even joking. Yeah you had to get past Kawhi and PG3, then Lebron and AD but the supporting cast is a hit or miss. Just saying, Denver isn't taking this for granted and they shouldn't. I've seen young teams get far in the playoffs and never reach that point again, but having Jokic and Murray wrapped up for years to come helps. I just think Murray is absolutely thriving with this bubble situation, just my opinion, and maybe this gives him confidence to sustain it further in his career or maybe he goes back to All-Star caliber Murray and not star Murray. Should be interesting to see what certain teams do next season or whenever we have a normal NBA season again.