• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: Lakers vs Nuggets

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play was supposed to be for Lebron. So you may be right about that. Lebron ended up essentially doubled by Grant and Plumlee. The Lakers didn't have any timeouts left, so Rondo got the ball to AD who was left open.

All things considered, if I'm the Nuggets, I'd rather have AD shooting an open 3 than Lebron in the paint where he likely scores or gets fouled.

Or, perhaps kicks out to Alex Caruso as time expires.

You never know!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play was supposed to be for Lebron. So you may be right about that. Lebron ended up essentially doubled by Grant and Plumlee. The Lakers didn't have any timeouts left, so Rondo got the ball to AD who was left open.

All things considered, if I'm the Nuggets, I'd rather have AD shooting an open 3 than Lebron in the paint where he likely scores or gets fouled.

Normally I would agree but AD was on fire in the second half while Bron went MIA. I would take my chances with a contested Lebron shot over what AD got

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I would agree but AD was on fire in the second half while Bron went MIA. I would take my chances with a contested Lebron shot over what AD got

Maybe. I just tend to trust the guy that's been there before.

But, you're right AD did have the hot hand.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but I’ve seen plenty of games where Lebron went MIA than he hit a clutch bucket. Like others have said, the play was for Lebron but once he saw defenders react the way he did he just stayed put. I think if he moves at all, that wouldn’t leave AD open bc while AD is cutting he is kind of blocking the view standing where he was. They probably see AD if he moves, is my take. But I agree, probably a good thing AD took the jumper...Lebron couldnt hit a jumper in the 2nd half

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really trying to make +16 in 44 minutes seem like a bad thing? Wtf lmaoo

Sure, straw man. No, I'm saying if you're a star player outplaying your opposite number, who's a role player, +16 isn't a number that makes the loss outcome unbelievable.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, straw man. No, I'm saying if you're a star player outplaying your opposite number, who's a role player, +16 isn't a number that makes the loss outcome unbelievable.

Not sure you understand how plus minus works.

That means the Nuggets team was +16 during Murray’s 44 minutes and -17 in the 4 minutes he was on the bench.

Yeah, that is a wild stat.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is building up AD's confidence more and more...you don't think he wanted to take that shot? He was the decoy.

I remember years ago, Lebron said he wanted Kyrie to eventually take his role once he got older. Kyrie couldn't wait...he was too selfish.
Lebron said the same thing when AD got in LA. In the postgame, Lebron said AD missed that same GW-shot in a regular season game. He's already passing his role as the #1 to AD...slowly but surely. Do I still think Lebron is the #1, sure, but in the playoffs AD has played like a #1 for sure. If he wants to win 2 or 3 titles with this team AD has to transform into that player. Really after these playoffs if he keeps performing like this he could vault himself into the top 3 player conversation.
and Kyrie DID get that shot in Game 7 that was kind of important and he still was not happy.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of does in this case. -17 in only 4 minutes he was off the court is pretty incredible.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt if he misses somehow Lebron gets ripped for not taking the shot.

He's still getting ripped. Even if he took the shot and missed, he would be ripped. If he took the shot and made it, it would be lucky or a "bad shot" LOL

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still getting ripped. Even if he took the shot and missed, he would be ripped. If he took the shot and made it, it would be lucky or a "bad shot" LOL

Can you imagine what would happen if a LeBron led team coughed up a 3-1 series lead? Hell he doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves for that 3-1 comeback in the Finals.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is building up AD's confidence more and more...you don't think he wanted to take that shot? He was the decoy.

I remember years ago, Lebron said he wanted Kyrie to eventually take his role once he got older. Kyrie couldn't wait...he was too selfish.
Lebron said the same thing when AD got in LA. In the postgame, Lebron said AD missed that same GW-shot in a regular season game. He's already passing his role as the #1 to AD...slowly but surely. Do I still think Lebron is the #1, sure, but in the playoffs AD has played like a #1 for sure. If he wants to win 2 or 3 titles with this team AD has to transform into that player. Really after these playoffs if he keeps performing like this he could vault himself into the top 3 player conversation.

Lebron is doing for AD what he wanted to do for Kyrie and what Kobe wanted to do for Dwight...prepare them to take over and be the face of the franchise.

The difference is...AD is willing to be patient and learn. Kyrie and Dwight thought they knew it all already.

Last edited: