• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: Lakers vs Nuggets

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK YEAH AD!

You know you can't stop the Lakers in the Mamba jerseys!
AD, in that Mamba jersey, dials up the Mamba mentality late In the 4th scoring the Lakers final 10 points, and hits the game ending dagger three!!!

Yeah, very Kobe like, if not KB inspired.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD, in that Mamba jersey, dials up the Mamba mentality late In the 4th scoring the Lakers final 10 points, and hits the game ending dagger three!!!

Yeah, very Kobe like, if not KB inspired.
I think He dialed up the spirit of the Black Mamba

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic gave AD the work just now
I was half watching on that play, tending to the 3 mo old grand baby, but it looked like Joker violated the Barkley Booty rule. Close for sure...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Big block. But lakers got 1 more shot
Give the assist to the Nuggets on the Lakers win. That shot was out of rhythm and likely a miss, without the block, I think the Nuggets get the game 2 win...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the assist to the Nuggets on the Lakers win. That shot was out of rhythm and likely a miss, without the block, I think the Nuggets get the game 2 win...
Lakers got Lucky but for the record, if I got Lucky tomorrow and found a suit case of money, I would keep the money and this win

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Jackson said great D?!?!?!

They let a top 5 player in league get wide open lmao

Well, it wasn’t uncontested. Jokic made a great play. He was guarding the inbounder and left to get a really strong contest. Grant failed to switch the screen, but Jokic got there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it wasn’t uncontested. Jokic made a great play. He was guarding the inbounder and left to get a really strong contest. Grant failed to switch the screen, but Jokic got there.

Just watched a replay and i owe Grant an apology. There was no screen ever set. That's all on Plumlee

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a replay and i owe Grant an apology. There was no screen ever set. That's all on Plumlee

Tough one.

I see how it happened. It was a weak screen.

But it was also pretty clear based on what Plumlee did that the Nuggets were switching screens.

Communication was definitely lacking. Probably some blame on both for that, but I still think more on Grant. Because with Jokic guarding the ball, if Plumlee goes over the “screen“ and Grant is extending it, LeBron has an easy slip to the rim.

Plumlee did the right thing IMO. Grant had to get out there.

And it was an absolutely heroic effort by Jokic to get a really good contest on that shot. He almost blocked it.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough one.

I see how it happened. It was a weak screen.

But it was also pretty clear based on what Plumlee did that the Nuggets were switching screens.

Communication was definitely lacking. Probably some blame on both for that, but I still think more on Grant. Because with Jokic guarding the ball, if Plumlee goes over the “screen“ and Grant is extending it, LeBron has an easy slip to the rim.

Plumlee did the right thing IMO. Grant had to get out there.

And it was an absolutely heroic effort by Jokic to get a really good contest on that shot. He almost blocked it.
javascript:void(0)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Nuggets needed that 1.

But we also said that about Denver multiple times against LAC and Utah.

They aren’t done until they lose for the 4th time.

^^^This^^^

As AD said last night "We haven't done anything except keep homecourt advantage quote, unquote". lol

Besides, the Nuggets don't get serious until they've lost 3 anyway.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^

As AD said last night "We haven't done anything except keep homecourt advantage quote, unquote". lol

Besides, the Nuggets don't get serious until they've lost 3 anyway.

Maybe we test that theory for real if the nuggets go down 3-0 on Tuesday

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we test that theory for real if the nuggets go down 3-0 on Tuesday

Hope so. They need to either win Tuesday or lose Tuesday and Thursday. Can't go up 3-1 against the Nuggets.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I agree with folks who are saying last night was the series. The Nuggets are young and a loss like that can be hard for a young team to recover from. But they have an excellent coach who I expect will convince them that they should be tied 1-1 and will have them ready.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it wasn't Jokic issue but Davis is 7 feet tall and was wide open. A guy lunging at him late isn't affecting his shot at all. Aside from someone completely missing coverage and allowing AD or Lebron to get open in the paint/at the rim.....this was the worst possible shot they coulda allowed.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I agree with folks who are saying last night was the series. The Nuggets are young and a loss like that can be hard for a young team to recover from. But they have an excellent coach who I expect will convince them that they should be tied 1-1 and will have them ready.

I don't necessarily think it's the series but for a young team...the difference between 1-1 and 2-0 is HUGE. They've already been in two back-to-back Game 7 series...sooner or later any team will wear down. Game 3 is a must win for Denver now after LA didn't play that well imo. Didn't shoot well from outside and a shit ton of TO's. Plus they had a great gameplan for LBJ in the 2nd half. Now, LA gets to make adjustments and Denver is thinking, "Well we made adjustments and they were good ones but we still lost." If the Lakers come out hot and have a good gameplan, that might be it for the Nuggets. Still, this Nuggets team fought back and they have resilience.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily think it's the series but for a young team...the difference between 1-1 and 2-0 is HUGE. They've already been in two back-to-back Game 7 series...sooner or later any team will wear down. Game 3 is a must win for Denver now after LA didn't play that well imo. Didn't shoot well from outside and a shit ton of TO's. Plus they had a great gameplan for LBJ in the 2nd half. Now, LA gets to make adjustments and Denver is thinking, "Well we made adjustments and they were good ones but we still lost." If the Lakers come out hot and have a good gameplan, that might be it for the Nuggets. Still, this Nuggets team fought back and they have resilience.

Normally, I would agree. But this young team has come back from trailing 3-1 in back to back playoff series, including against the team everyone thought was going to win the title. I think that gives them a level of confidence that most young teams wouldn't have.