• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: Lakers vs Nuggets

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is building up AD's confidence more and more...you don't think he wanted to take that shot? He was the decoy.

I remember years ago, Lebron said he wanted Kyrie to eventually take his role once he got older. Kyrie couldn't wait...he was too selfish.
Lebron said the same thing when AD got in LA. In the postgame, Lebron said AD missed that same GW-shot in a regular season game. He's already passing his role as the #1 to AD...slowly but surely. Do I still think Lebron is the #1, sure, but in the playoffs AD has played like a #1 for sure. If he wants to win 2 or 3 titles with this team AD has to transform into that player. Really after these playoffs if he keeps performing like this he could vault himself into the top 3 player conversation.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helluva shot to win the game by AD last night. That was no doubt the biggest bucket he's ever hit.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is building up AD's confidence more and more...you don't think he wanted to take that shot? He was the decoy.

I remember years ago, Lebron said he wanted Kyrie to eventually take his role once he got older. Kyrie couldn't wait...he was too selfish.
Lebron said the same thing when AD got in LA. In the postgame, Lebron said AD missed that same GW-shot in a regular season game. He's already passing his role as the #1 to AD...slowly but surely. Do I still think Lebron is the #1, sure, but in the playoffs AD has played like a #1 for sure. If he wants to win 2 or 3 titles with this team AD has to transform into that player. Really after these playoffs if he keeps performing like this he could vault himself into the top 3 player conversation.

Agree. Lebron has been saying all year that he wants to build up AD's confidence so that he can take over and have the Lakers be his team.

Like Reggie Miller said last night. Lebron was the world's best decoy on that play. The Nuggets looked like they were expecting Lebron to get the ball and were all kind of leaning/cheating towards him. That helped to get AD get open.

Agree with @tlance that Jokic made a helluva try to get to AD. Probably the fastest he's moved in his career. lol

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally, I would agree. But this young team has come back from trailing 3-1 in back to back playoff series, including against the team everyone thought was going to win the title. I think that gives them a level of confidence that most young teams wouldn't have.

Sure. but the Lakers have gotten stronger as each series has progressed so far. AD/Lebron aren't going to roll over like the Nuggs' previous opponents.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This^^^

As AD said last night "We haven't done anything except keep homecourt advantage quote, unquote". lol

Besides, the Nuggets don't get serious until they've lost 3 anyway.
I believe that the Nuggets in case were down in a 1 to 3(the other team) though. Its a different story if they end up 0 to 3,

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...or it could be Jamal Murray wasn't defending anyone of note? 25-4-6 isn't necessarily world-beating, and the Lakers guards topped out at 11 points, as usual.

You're really trying to make +16 in 44 minutes seem like a bad thing? Wtf lmaoo

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched a replay and i owe Grant an apology. There was no screen ever set. That's all on Plumlee
I saw that too, but after thinking about the scenario, I think Plumlee made the assignment given....

Double the King, and force the Lakers big to attempt a 3 pointer over the 7 footer Joker coming off the inbound.

The Lakers didn't need a three, so the defense likely believed the Lakers had a play called for mid-range or inside the paint. There wasn't a whole lot of time to be looking at options.

Hats off to Vogel calling a high percentage 3 attempt in an obvious 2 pt attempt scenario.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that too, but after thinking about the scenario, I think Plumlee made the assignment given....

Double the King, and force the Lakers big to attempt a 3 pointer over the 7 footer Joker coming off the inbound.

The Lakers didn't need a three, so the defense likely believed the Lakers had a play called for mid-range or inside the paint. There wasn't a whole lot of time to be looking at options.

Hats off to Vogel calling a high percentage 3 attempt in an obvious 2 pt attempt scenario.

Plumlee was pointing at AD telling Grant to switch. That part was clear.

LeBron never set a screen, so Grant didn’t acknowledge it and he didn’t switch.

But I can guarantee you they did not intend to double LeBron and leave AD, or for Jokic to be the one to contest that shot.

Jokic’s reaction to the play was almost superhuman. No way the Nuggets would count on him getting there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I can guarantee you they did not intend to double LeBron and leave AD, or for Jokic to be the one to contest that shot.

Jokic’s reaction to the play was almost superhuman. No way the Nuggets would count on him getting there.
Yeah I see everyone blaming Plumlee and they said it was his fault on the Kuz winner back in the regular season too (not sure about that one). It’s not that simple lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I see everyone blaming Plumlee and they said it was his fault on the Kuz winner back in the regular season too (not sure about that one). It’s not that simple lol

It was a similar miscommunication with him and bol bol i believe

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My issue with Plumlee is a screen was never set or nothing close to being a screen was set. Lebron did nothing to make me think he had planned on setting a screen

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I give him a little more leeway with the Kuzma game winner because at least Kuz acted like he was setting a screen

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with Plumlee is a screen was never set or nothing close to being a screen was set. Lebron did nothing to make me think he had planned on setting a screen

I agree.

Which is why Grant didn’t respond when Plumlee asked him to switch.

Plumlee misread the action and Grant didn’t respond when Plumlee called switch.

They are both guilty on some level.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Which is why Grant didn’t respond when Plumlee asked him to switch.

Plumlee misread the action and Grant didn’t respond when Plumlee called switch.

They are both guilty on some level.

I think Grant was just as confused as I was after looking at the replay but yeah he probably should have just switched even though he wasn't clear why a switch was needed

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think the play was for AD. Looks like it was going to go to Lebron had Plumlee defended AD correctly. No way can that ball that get to AD without a TO if Plumlees is in jersey as he should have been

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Grant was just as confused as I was after looking at the replay but yeah he probably should have just switched even though he wasn't clear why a switch was needed

Yeah, why I think it is at least half Grant’s fault if not more is because players are taught to communicate to fix problems.

Plumlee May have misread the action, but he communicated and Grant didn’t react to what Plumlee said.

It is also possible Plumlee didn’t misread it and just thought they were trying to post LeBron on Grant and tried to fix the issue with a switch.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think the play was for AD. Looks like it was going to go to Lebron had Plumlee defended AD correctly. No way can that ball that get to AD without a TO if Plumlees is in jersey as he should have been

If memory serves, Rondo said it was supposed to be for Lebron, but the defense didn't react as expected and AD was left open.

That would make sense too since Lebron was in the paint and they only needed a 2 to win the game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is also possible Plumlee didn’t misread it and just thought they were trying to post LeBron on Grant and tried to fix the issue with a switch.

The play was supposed to be for Lebron. So you may be right about that. Lebron ended up essentially doubled by Grant and Plumlee. The Lakers didn't have any timeouts left, so Rondo got the ball to AD who was left open.

All things considered, if I'm the Nuggets, I'd rather have AD shooting an open 3 than Lebron in the paint where he likely scores or gets fouled.