• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wentz or Mayfield: who would you rather have?

who would you rather have?

• Wentz

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Mayfield

Votes: 57 61.3%
  • Potato salad

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Carolina owner isn't very happy and when the owner isn't happy.....the coach is on the hot seat.

My boss hates me too. Doesnt mean he can move on from me and have it make sense to his business.

During COVID, the cap went down. Because revenue went down. You know what didnt get adjusted? Coaches pay.

Doesnt make a lot of sense to pay Rhule almost $40m next year NOT to coach when you have to go out and commit another huge chuck of change on a new coach that might just as easily fail. Especially on a team that generates revenue at a bottom 5 in the league. He thought well enough of Rhule to give him that contract. He has to play it out more than just 3 years (which isnt even 50% of his contract duration).

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boss hates me too. Doesnt mean he can move on from me and have it make sense to his business.

During COVID, the cap went down. Because revenue went down. You know what didnt get adjusted? Coaches pay.

Doesnt make a lot of sense to pay Rhule almost $40m next year NOT to coach when you have to go out and commit another huge chuck of change on a new coach that might just as easily fail. Especially on a team that generates revenue at a bottom 5 in the league. He thought well enough of Rhule to give him that contract. He has to play it out more than just 3 years.
40 mill to these billionaires isn't much really.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see it now....

Stroud back to pass.

Looking for it all

Touchdown Seahawks. CJ Stroud finds DK Metcalf for his first NFL Touchdown

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker is the type to beat us, and then lose every game the rest of the season. It's his style, either way it will end badly for the panthers tbh lol

The reason no team wants him is because he is already older and not as good as many of the younger QB's...So trading for him makes little sense

Do you even follow the NFL? To say no teams were interested is completely false. Team's weren't interested in his guaranteed 18+ million contract.

Which QB currently on the Panthers roster is better than Mayfield?

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even follow the NFL? To say no teams were interested is completely false. Team's weren't interested in his guaranteed 18+ million contract.

Which QB currently on the Panthers roster is better than Mayfield?

He got traded for a 5th round pick lol

I am very interested in Lebrons contract too if it was the league minimum...What is your point?

Which one on the team is worse?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GM probably deserves to be on the hot seat also. LOL.

But, the Mayfield move could pay off.
I guess....though I'd rather my team win, say, 1-3 games than 5-7.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great example of why aggressive ≠ good
I dont know. Baker having CmC, DJ Moore, and a Panthers defense thats already built could fairly easily replicate the success of the Browns in a top heavy NFC.

I think its way riskier to do what the Broncos have been doing the past few seasons and just assume that talent will beat out not having a QB. Obviously Wilson found his way to Denver so maybe that strategy works out for them but it wasnt until after some coaches were fired.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one knew. Now if Brissett plays the entire season with watson out I would definitely say there was no chance Baker was playing again here.

I mean, so many said he'd be released and I'm not gonna take a victory lap saying I knew he wouldn't be. could have happened.
Stop
With your every post you weaken the entire Cleveland fan base

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know. Baker having CmC, DJ Moore, and a Panthers defense thats already built could fairly easily replicate the success of the Browns in a top heavy NFC.

I think its way riskier to do what the Broncos have been doing the past few seasons and just assume that talent will beat out not having a QB. Obviously Wilson found his way to Denver so maybe that strategy works out for them but it wasnt until after some coaches were fired.
Yeah, the Panthers could be a team to watch out for.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Broncos FO just isn't that good at QB evaluation, imo.

Drew Lock was a 2nd round pick, so was Osweiler. You can swing at the right pitch, doesn't mean you connect with it or drive it.

I guess I don't see this as anything but a save my job type move from Rhule. You're not establishing a contender in the NFC. The HC doesn't have a ton of credibility.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Panthers could be a team to watch out for.
CmC staying healthy seems like a big variable in general.

I do think its interesting that none of the NFC South QBs were drafted by their team. Brady being the HOFer. Mariota, Winston, and Baker being the retreads.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got traded for a 5th round pick lol

I am very interested in Lebrons contract too if it was the league minimum...What is your point?

Which one on the team is worse?

I don't care what he got traded for, glad he's outta town. He's an average QB with an average completion percentage coming off surgery. What were you expecting? Anyway you said no teams were interested in him. That was incorrect.

You just compared LeBron, in a different sports who's a 4x champ, to a QB who's won one playoff game. What's wrong with you?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos FO just isn't that good at QB evaluation, imo.

Drew Lock was a 2nd round pick, so was Osweiler. You can swing at the right pitch, doesn't mean you connect with it or drive it.

I guess I don't see this as anything but a save my job type move from Rhule. You're not establishing a contender in the AFC. The HC doesn't have a ton of credibility.
Maybe the Broncos arent the best examples but I believe they passed up on multiple QB classes in rd1 with guys like Justin Fields, Mac Jones, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson etc.

I did think the Sam Darnold trade was pretty awful for the Panthers but I think the other two moves are justifiable if only to make up for the awful Sam Darnold move.