• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welp, USC might be about ready

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU and Baylor are in Texas, where everyone wants to recruit. No reason for two Kansas or Oklahoma school. Nor is there a reason for ISU. Colorado adds markets and is a decent state to recruit so I get them. Expanding your recruiting grounds is crucial to a conference
if we went by that logic, then Oregon can stay with oregon st and wazzu.. Colorado kids don't stay in colorado either.. they live off cali kids.

I don't know what will happen, but I do know that if Bowlsby is smart he will do everything he could to grab the SoCal schools and the AZ schools to start. If the big 12 stays as is with WV, that is a solid 14 school conference. The basketball will only get even better with those additions as well.

Who knows.. maybe Nebraska would want a return with that.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we went by that logic, then Oregon can stay with oregon st and wazzu.. Colorado kids don't stay in colorado either.. they live off cali kids.

I don't know what will happen, but I do know that if Bowlsby is smart he will do everything he could to grab the SoCal schools and the AZ schools to start. If the big 12 stays as is with WV, that is a solid 14 school conference. The basketball will only get even better with those additions as well.

Who knows.. maybe Nebraska would want a return with that.

It’s not the same. I’m all for one team from Kansas or Oklahoma or Oregon. You don’t need two teams from one state unless that state is a recruiting pipeline. Obviously if Nebraska wanted to join this conference, there would be a spot for them.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter saying this is Scott's Hail Mary to save the conference.. Think the writing is on the wall that the Pac will be split up. Who goes where? Have no idea.
Washington to the B1G 10. They have the academics not to mention they lead the conference in attendance.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington to the B1G 10. They have the academics not to mention they lead the conference in attendance.
They would have to grab a few of the schools out west to make it work.. U don't want to be WV. If they let's say grab Udub, Oregon, Stanford...Utah? Wonder how they would stack it's divisions or be the first of the big 4 to use a pod system.. think you would have to do that just to save on travel.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have to grab a few of the schools out west to make it work.. U don't want to be WV. If they let's say grab Udub, Oregon, Stanford...Utah? Wonder how they would stack it's divisions or be the first of the big 4 to use a pod system.. think you would have to do that just to save on travel.
Stanford would work .. Oregon would be the other choice even if they have a G5 sized football stadium.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only way this works, is if they are "de facto" two conferences playing under the Big Ten banner. I wouldn't be shocked if things go in that direction, given the relationship between the PAC and B1G. B1G would have enough leverage to run college football.

B1G East:
Penn State
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State

B1G Central:
Indiana
Purdue
Iowa State
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Illinois

B1G Mountain:
Colorado
Utah
Nebraska
Texas
Texas Tech
Kansas
Oklahoma

B1G Pacific:
Washington
Oregon
Arizona
Arizona State
Stanford
USC
UCLA

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford would work .. Oregon would be the other choice even if they have a G5 sized football stadium.
Aint gonna lie..if the BIG took Udub, Stanford, and Oregon.. I'd be ecstatic to see this

PacDiv=Cal, SC,UCLA, AZ, ASU,CU, UT
BigDiv=UT,ou, osu,tech, ks,isu, tcu
6 div games, 3 cross div games. CCG rotation between Jerry's World and Vegas. Also have two open spots if anything else pans out (Nebraska, Ark)

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way this works, is if they are "de facto" two conferences playing under the Big Ten banner. I wouldn't be shocked if things go in that direction, given the relationship between the PAC and B1G. B1G would have enough leverage to run college football.

B1G East:
Penn State
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State

B1G Central:
Indiana
Purdue
Iowa State
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Illinois

B1G Mountain:
Colorado
Utah
Nebraska
Texas
Texas Tech
Kansas
Oklahoma

B1G Pacific:
Washington
Oregon
Arizona
Arizona State
Stanford
USC
UCLA
The B1G is big on academics (with the exception of Nebraska). That conference isn't going to take in schools that aren't AAU members.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G is big on academics (with the exception of Nebraska). That conference isn't going to take in schools that aren't AAU members.

Like with Nebraska, they will make exceptions if they think it will increase revenue.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

B1G East:
Penn State
Rutgers
Maryland
Indiana
Michigan
Michigan State
Ohio State

B1G Central:
Indiana
Purdue
Iowa State
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Illinois

B1G Mountain:
Colorado
Utah
Nebraska
Texas
Texas Tech
Kansas
Oklahoma

B1G Pacific:
Washington
Oregon
Arizona
Arizona State
Stanford
USC
UCLA
it sad but the rust belt should be just those two divisions only. If the SEC caught wind of this I'd bet they would let Texas bring whomever they wanted to and let them keep LHN til that deal expires.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like with Nebraska, they will make exceptions if they think it will increase revenue.
Nebraska was an AAU member when they were accepted, funny thing is big bad Texas actually voted for them to keep it's AAU membership despite their new amigos in the RustBelt doing the exact opposite, voting not to keep their AAU status

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska didn't lose their AAU membership until after they had made a deal to join the B1G .. that and Nebraska gets more asses in the seats for their spring game than most schools do during the regular season. btw it was Michigan and Wisconsin who fvcked Nebraska on the AAU thing. They took being dickheads to a new level.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska didn't lose their AAU membership until after they had made a deal to join the B1G .. that and Nebraska gets more asses in the seats for their spring game than most schools do during the regular season. btw it was Michigan and Wisconsin who fvcked Nebraska on the AAU thing. They took being dickheads to a new level.
LOL.. sorta how Stanford did that to Texas back in the 90's when it was set to join the PAC

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it sad but the rust belt should be just those two divisions only. If the SEC caught wind of this I'd bet they would let Texas bring whomever they wanted to and let them keep LHN til that deal expires.

The SEC probably would. But would Texas want to open their doors to the SEC completely. I doubt Texas wants Alabama and LSU coming into Texas often.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.. sorta how Stanford did that to Texas back in the 90's when it was set to join the PAC
Texas still has AAU membership. What fvcked the deal between the PAC and Texas was the LHN .. that and Larry Scott being an idiot. He should have took the two Okie schools when they asked to join seeing how that would have forced Texas' hand.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas still has AAU membership. What fvcked the deal between the PAC and Texas was the LHN .. that and Larry Scott being an idiot. He should have took the two Okie schools when they asked to join seeing how that would have forced Texas' hand.
Oh.. I'm talking about the early 90s negotiations. Texas and aggy were set to join the pac but Stanford apparently had the Juice to say no and it was dead. LHN saved Texas from that headache the current pac is going through, although the pac network would be on all major cable services had the deal been made with Texas

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SEC probably would. But would Texas want to open their doors to the SEC completely. I doubt Texas wants Alabama and LSU coming into Texas often.
Bro LSU has had a strong presence in the Houston area for a long time. Texas wouldn't hurt opening the gates.. It will hurt Baylor, tech, tcu, smu osu, etc. Texas and ou would still be fine recruiting in the state