• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welp, USC might be about ready

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh.. I'm talking about the early 90s negotiations. Texas and aggy were set to join the pac but Stanford apparently had the Juice to say no and it was dead. LHN saved Texas from that headache the current pac is going through, although the pac network would be on all major cable services had the deal been made with Texas
Not surprised. Stanford (Bill Walsh) was the same cvnts who went after Washington during the mid 90's and of course the rest of the Cal-4 schools sucked his dick after they got tired of receiving beatdowns from the Dawgs.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro LSU has had a strong presence in the Houston area for a long time. Texas wouldn't hurt opening the gates.. It will hurt Baylor, tech, tcu, smu osu, etc. Texas and ou would still be fine recruiting in the state

You think it's bad now...wait til they get to play in Texas multiple times a year. It won't really hurt those smaller schools, they don't recruit the same kids LSU recruits. Texas does.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think it's bad now...wait til they get to play in Texas multiple times a year. It won't really hurt those smaller schools, they don't recruit the same kids LSU recruits. Texas does.
Texas is Texas.. They won't be hurting. LSU doesn't cherry pick players Texas really goes for.. Think the last one was chaisson. U know who's been hurting Texas? Tosu has.. They got JSN last cycle, Donovan Jackson this cycle.
If Texas joined the SEC then all the stuff aggy and LSU sells about that conference will only make Texas that much stronger in recruiting. Again it's going to hurt tcu, Baylor, Oklahoma st and tech

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas still has AAU membership. What fvcked the deal between the PAC and Texas was the LHN .. that and Larry Scott being an idiot. He should have took the two Okie schools when they asked to join seeing how that would have forced Texas' hand.

LHN wasn't around in the 90s you illiterate fuckwad.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is Texas.. They won't be hurting. LSU doesn't cherry pick players Texas really goes for.. Think the last one was chaisson. U know who's been hurting Texas? Tosu has.. They got JSN last cycle, Donovan Jackson this cycle.
If Texas joined the SEC then all the stuff aggy and LSU sells about that conference will only make Texas that much stronger in recruiting. Again it's going to hurt tcu, Baylor, Oklahoma st and tech

Right, LSU doesn't cherry pick them now. The state belongs to the Big 12 for the most part. If Texas is an SEC state, LSU and Bama are going to raid Texas. Especially if they are still making the playoffs regularly and Texas isn't. It's not going to hurt those other teams, LSU isn't interested in most of the guys they recruit. They are interested in the guys Texas, Aggy and Oklahoma recruit.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, LSU doesn't cherry pick them now. The state belongs to the Big 12 for the most part. If Texas is an SEC state, LSU and Bama are going to raid Texas. Especially if they are still making the playoffs regularly and Texas isn't. It's not going to hurt those other teams, LSU isn't interested in most of the guys they recruit. They are interested in the guys Texas, Aggy and Oklahoma recruit.
Texas is the deepest, talent rich state and LSU is a border state which a lot of it's citizens moved to Texas after Katrina. I don't think you follow the state of Texas recruiting, it's been open season for sometime. Auburn does well, Kiffin has already gotten a couple of kids for msu. Yet Texas is still doing well in recruiting..finished 8/9 depending if you use the espn/247 composite rankings..with only 20 commitments. But do you know who it has hurt since aggy joined the sec? osu, tech, tcu, isu,bu. and yet they still find gems within the borders because it has that much talent in numbers. So again, Texas isn't worried about "opening" the flood gates.. if it were then it probably wouldn't want to join the Pac so it would open the gates for Oregon, Udub, SC, Stanford (who also had a lot of success in TX Solomon, Little, Luck, Bragg, Obi, etc)

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is the deepest, talent rich state and LSU is a border state which a lot of it's citizens moved to Texas after Katrina. I don't think you follow the state of Texas recruiting, it's been open season for sometime. Auburn does well, Kiffin has already gotten a couple of kids for msu. Yet Texas is still doing well in recruiting..finished 8/9 depending if you use the espn/247 composite rankings..with only 20 commitments. But do you know who it has hurt since aggy joined the sec? osu, tech, tcu, isu,bu. and yet they still find gems within the borders because it has that much talent in numbers. So again, Texas isn't worried about "opening" the flood gates.. if it were then it probably wouldn't want to join the Pac so it would open the gates for Oregon, Udub, SC, Stanford (who also had a lot of success in TX Solomon, Little, Luck, Bragg, Obi, etc)

Oregon and Washington are never going to be serious players in Texas. Too far

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon and Washington are never going to be serious players in Texas. Too far
Oregon had a good run with that street agent chip had in Texas

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn..miss those days.. Rose Bowl will forever be known as VY's house
Too bad he can't spell house. Lol
I know they let football players slide with the academics at every school but this was probably one of the most blatant examples.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon had a good run with that street agent chip had in Texas

Oregon landed one top tier recruit from Texas and he never played for Oregon.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor would 100% get left out of any merger between the PAC and the Big Xii.

Would kinda be funny/sad if Colorado wound up back in the Xii, though
From what I understand, several of the PAC 12 "academia" schools do not want to have anything to do with a school tied to a specific religion. That's been the reluctance to let BYU in. But, I be totally mistaken.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, several of the PAC 12 "academia" schools do not want to have anything to do with a school tied to a specific religion. That's been the reluctance to let BYU in. But, I be totally mistaken.

Yeah, I think I've heard the same, which would also mean TCU would probably be out as well

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would have to grab a few of the schools out west to make it work.. U don't want to be WV. If they let's say grab Udub, Oregon, Stanford...Utah? Wonder how they would stack it's divisions or be the first of the big 4 to use a pod system.. think you would have to do that just to save on travel.
I can't understand why schools would want be in such large conferences.

My bad I had a brain fart. I remember why....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid you are overestimating the state of Texas right now. While we still have a lot of good high school players, some of it is reputation more than current reality. National recruiting is it more than ever IMHO. LSU and Bama will recruit where the talent is....even if it is in the North Pole.

Weird thing has happened here. A lot of kids from high quality programs don't have a lot of room to get better. Their high schools have developed them just about as far as their innate ability will allow. Kids from lesser high school programs, they still have a lot of untapped potential.