• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wells reports done..finds Bradys a cheater

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for most the point is knowingly trying decieve others to gain an unfair advantage. The degree of the disadvantage is irrelevant. I think most would agree the Pats could have made the same run without deflated balls which is why it is so perplexing that they did. Why even take that risk? Why risk further tarnish your brand?

In 2 weeks this is a non story and Brady still goes as GOAT into the HOF. Rubbin is racin.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2 weeks this is a non story and Brady still goes as GOAT into the HOF. Rubbin is racin.

Personally I don't think this will hurt his HOF chances but I do think he sees some sort of punishment and it will tarnish his image to some. Some people don't take being lied to lightly. That said most of these people probably already hate the guy. Just added a few more to that wagon. Brady being the GOAT is up for debate. For me its Montana.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I don't think this will hurt his HOF chances but I do think he sees some sort of punishment and it will tarnish his image to some. Some people don't take being lied to lightly. That said most of these people probably already hate the guy. Just added a few more to that wagon. Brady being the GOAT is up for debate. For me its Montana.

I can get behind that. Since Brady came to age I still considered Joe the GOAT. Brady has now tied him albeit with this cheating stuff. I ask you and everyone. Do you think the Joe, Terry or anyone else that is considered the GOAT has not pushed the limits? When we talk about Montana, Bradshaw etc we also have to consider that Twitter and the non stop barrage of EVERYTHING did not exist. Not making excuses. Brady looks to be guilty but I wonder what others have done to "push" the limits as well. Surely they all cannot be free and clean.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can get behind that. Since Brady came to age I still considered Joe the GOAT. Brady has now tied him albeit with this cheating stuff. I ask you and everyone. Do you think the Joe, Terry or anyone else that is considered the GOAT has not pushed the limits? When we talk about Montana, Bradshaw etc we also have to consider that Twitter and the non stop barrage of EVERYTHING did not exist. Not making excuses. Brady looks to be guilty but I wonder what others have done to "push" the limits as well. Surely they all cannot be free and clean.
Joe was pretty much the poster child for how a great QB should comport themselves. If he ever did anything like that he was a whole lot better at acting than Brady is.

I'm not sure what it would take for someone to pass Montana up in my mind, but none of the active QB's today are that close to it.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe was pretty much the poster child for how a great QB should comport themselves. If he ever did anything like that he was a whole lot better at acting than Brady is.

I'm not sure what it would take for someone to pass Montana up in my mind, but none of the active QB's today are that close to it.

My point Wiz is that Joe played in a era where reporters reported and the tweeting and such was non existent now if someone has the runs before a game it is world news.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course and I'm sure there are many stories we missed out on that wouldn't fly today. Still, I'd be pretty surprised to find Joe involved in anything of this sort. Just doesn't seem the type. Of course that's just a guy feeling more than any kind of fact.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's really tough to say. It was a different era all together. I mean the rules and regulations of the game have changed a ton since then too.

Also, to me there is a difference between pushing the limits and deceitfully breaking rules. I mean pushing the limits on this rule might be filling the ball at at exactly 12.5 PSI or maybe trying to see if the refs let you in with a slightly lower one. Not, deliberately altering it after the fact.

I can't speak for Montana or Bradshaw, but I can't understand risking your own integrity like that. Especially when you are already playing at the extremely high level all of these guys are.

All this said, Rice just admitted to breaking a rule from his time. So, it has been done before and it will be done again.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think the actual ball deflating was a big deal but the cover up is usually what gets people in trouble.

Yea, once they get their SB rings, it will all be forgotten about....

10635958_10152905225549504_1501114366371398941_n_zps8xjo6qve.png

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well just read through half the report so far but from what I've seen so far Tom cheated, covered it up, and now just has to take his punishment. Not sure how anyone could defend those text messages, lies, ect but I don't see how this is a big deal. Punishment and fine and let's move along!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Las Vegas has pulled the steelers/Pats game off the board. No gambling on that game! Interesting they would do something like that.

That's the opening salvo. This is going to be a great lesson to the Pats fans in what was coming soon anyway. The only question is when Bellicheat will bail the sinking ship. He's not going to stick around for the rebuild and being made the fall guy. Gonna be comical how desperate the co-commish gets when they have a less than 500 season. Then the drain circling really starts.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually kind of happy to not see any action taken by the league today as it means a least a few more days of squirming and deflecting before we find out if a hammer or feather is coming. The anticipation is better than the results will likely be.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually kind of happy to not see any action taken by the league today as it means a least a few more days of squirming and deflecting before we find out if a hammer or feather is coming. The anticipation is better than the results will likely be.

It's going to be the bare minimum. Krafts the co-commish and Brady is one of the NFLs untouchables. Beyond the salary cap, the NFL leadership isn't interested in justice and fair play. They're only interested in $$$$$. The press conference picture said it all that Kraft was standing right next to Goodell. Total kabuki theater.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be the bare minimum. Krafts the co-commish and Brady is one of the NFLs untouchables. Beyond the salary cap, the NFL leadership isn't interested in justice and fair play. They're only interested in $$$$$. The press conference picture said it all that Kraft was standing right next to Goodell. Total kabuki theater.
I really don't think that is why their may not be that big of a punishment. Outside of a few texts between a couple of knuckleheads that never actually say they were told to do anything and were kind of skirting around what they actually did, what do they have? Wells says their findings meets the burden of proof as set forth by the NFL requirements, but does the league agree and agree enough to risk being harsh?

The outcome will be reciprocal to the confidence in the overall material they are working with. If it's a slap on the wrist it will simply mean there wasn't enough to give them the confidence to do more. Nothing more and nothing less IMO.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conspicuously absent in all of this has been Brady's #1 pom-pom man @RobBase . Rob, can we get your thoughts on the findings of the Wells Report that Tom Brady cheated and lied to cover it up? I'm all ears, bro!

Psycho

Deranged Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the perfect thread to prove to everyone why sports fans are total fucktards. No way in a million years is this not cheating, no way in a million years is there any excuse for it, yet fucktard sports fans will defend their team and their players or try to accuse others of similar violations to deflect the real issue. Just face the facts, your sports heroes are just people like you and me, who were blessed with unique athletic talents, it doesn't make them role models. Tom Brady is a talented QB, but he's obviously a cheater here and to argue otherwise is just to bury your head in the sand. The language of the Wells Report (i.e. "More probable than not") doesn't really matter, simply read those text messages and it's clear these guys did everything short of get caught red-handed.

What pisses me off is the Ravens played the Pats the week before the Colts game and narrowly lost. And now I hear this. At least the Ravens don't have the Patriots reputation/stigma. I suppose that's a victory in itself.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the perfect thread to prove to everyone why sports fans are total fucktards. No way in a million years is this not cheating, no way in a million years is there any excuse for it, yet fucktard sports fans will defend their team and their players or try to accuse others of similar violations to deflect the real issue. Just face the facts, your sports heroes are just people like you and me, who were blessed with unique athletic talents, it doesn't make them role models. Tom Brady is a talented QB, but he's obviously a cheater here and to argue otherwise is just to bury your head in the sand. The language of the Wells Report (i.e. "More probable than not") doesn't really matter, simply read those text messages and it's clear these guys did everything short of get caught red-handed.

What pisses me off is the Ravens played the Pats the week before the Colts game and narrowly lost. And now I hear this. At least the Ravens don't have the Patriots reputation/stigma. I suppose that's a victory in itself.
Mmmm I'd be a little more carefull of throwing stones when you live in a glass house. Two names...Rice, Ray Lewis.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm I'd be a little more carefull of throwing stones when you live in a glass house. Two names...Rice, Ray Lewis.

And what did Rice & Lewis do between the lines to cheat the other teams and make a mockery of the integrity of the game?

Nothing.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good points.

Which is why it Cannot be the bare minimum.

It must be as harsh as possible.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points.

Which is why it Cannot be the bare minimum.

It must be as harsh as possible.
Exactly right. If Goodell wants any creditably he needs to bring the hammer down...hard!

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, the news came out this year that Joe was involved in something much worse than Brady has ever been accused of.* I'm referring to Jerry Rice's Stick-Em use, which Montana obviously knew about, condoned, and benefited from.

*I mean "accused of" by sane people, not HammerDown-class loonies. The latter group probably thinks he rapes Girl Scouts while chanting Black Masses in Arabic.