• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

collins done for season

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came in a few times earlier this season and graded out well.

Though, he did not grade out well against NE.

The OL is more athletic without Collins, but he's done well enough.

They should call Big Whit...it's a call at least worth making, IMO - even if he says no. Comes in, gets a few weeks of practice and a game, or two, with a few snaps to get ready, and then he's ready for the playoffs. Gets to play for another ring, and basically avoid the entire regular season - I mean, that's the dream, right?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He came in a few times earlier this season and graded out well.

Though, he did not grade out well against NE.

The OL is more athletic without Collins, but he's done well enough.

They should call Big Whit...it's a call at least worth making, IMO - even if he says no. Comes in, gets a few weeks of practice and a game, or two, with a few snaps to get ready, and then he's ready for the playoffs. Gets to play for another ring, and basically avoid the entire regular season - I mean, that's the dream, right?
Would be nice to see him retire one last time as a Cincinnati Bengal, but I think the Brown family kinda insulted him and told him that he was worthless because he was too old. that was just the kick in the pants he needed to sign the big contract with the Rams and keep training like a pro.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakeem isn't bad. he helped us out in 2020 as a rookie when we were struggling on the line, and made things better. his problem was getting injured in 2021. at full strength, he's a good RT, this situation isn't like last season.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hakeem isn't bad. he helped us out in 2020 as a rookie when we were struggling on the line, and made things better. his problem was getting injured in 2021. at full strength, he's a good RT, this situation isn't like last season.
Collins' grade, per PFF, is 57.8.

In limited action, Adeniji is 52.4

So - not a huge drop-off - and I though earlier in the year he came in for Collins for a good stretch of a game and ended up being one of the higher graded OL - so he, potentially, has it in him to do well and at least maintain the status quo.

I'd still call Whit, though...can't hurt to pick up the phone.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went back and was able to find - Falcons' game, Adeniji finished with a pass block grade of 80.17 on 17 drop backs, and 8 pure passing sets. Tops on the team that day - which was a great day all around for the passing game.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I read suggests that A) Hakeem is a much better tackle than guard and that he'll be able to show his skills at RT and B) we're definitely going to suffer from losing Collins in the run game where he excels, but even average play from Hakeem in the passing game will more than fill in from what you get from Collins.

I'm sad to see Collins get hurt. I've liked his effort this year. It's clear that the back issue is robbing him of some of his abilities, but he seems to work through it best as possible and he plays like a real pro. I'm not sure we'll ever really see him back in action again - It just doesn't seem promising for a guy with his injuries to successfully rehab a new knee injury on top of everything else. We'll see I suppose.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I read suggests that A) Hakeem is a much better tackle than guard and that he'll be able to show his skills at RT and B) we're definitely going to suffer from losing Collins in the run game where he excels, but even average play from Hakeem in the passing game will more than fill in from what you get from Collins.

I'm sad to see Collins get hurt. I've liked his effort this year. It's clear that the back issue is robbing him of some of his abilities, but he seems to work through it best as possible and he plays like a real pro. I'm not sure we'll ever really see him back in action again - It just doesn't seem promising for a guy with his injuries to successfully rehab a new knee injury on top of everything else. We'll see I suppose.
Maybe a full off-season and then some will help his back as well...here's to hoping...but Bengals should be looking to upgrade at either OT spot for 2023. Collin's deal, I believe, is basically 3-1year deals, so they can cut him (once he's cleared) without any deadcap - if needed.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we definitely need to use one of our first 4 picks on an OT
Jonah is up after next year, and quite frankly - he's been good, not great. I'm not resigning him to a huge deal - but I would look to see if maybe RT would be a better fit for him. He's not quite the road-grader that many prefer at RT, but at times he still seems a bit too stiff to be the LT...not sure.

Collins' back history plus now needing a full year for a knee - you can't count on him being ready, or back to where he was this year (which is still several steps below his top end).

You have Jonah for 1 more year, so you can draft a potential LT and start working him under Jonah this off-season, and I would look to hit the market for a RT. LG/C/RG seem to be solidified as Volson has really come a long way through the year. I would expect him to be even better next year.