• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wells reports done..finds Bradys a cheater

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's worse that he knew about his WR using stick em than for Brady to tell ball boys to doctor footballs after they have been game approved. That's much much worse. :L

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh. Forgot that I can't edit a post here (one of my punishments for disagreeing with Fordman and HammerDown), something that evidently hasn't changed since last I posted. Anyhow -- when I say Montana knew of what Rice did, I refer to the fact that the evidence was literally at his fingertips.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the perfect thread to prove to everyone why I am a total fucktard. No way in a million years is this not cheating, no way in a million years is there any excuse for it, yet fucktard sports fans will defend their team and their players or try to accuse others of similar violations to deflect the real issue. Just face the facts, your sports heroes are just people like you and me, who were blessed with unique athletic talents, it doesn't make them role models. Tom Brady is a talented QB, but he's obviously a cheater here and to argue otherwise is just to bury your head in the sand. The language of the Wells Report (i.e. "More probable than not") doesn't really matter, simply read those text messages and it's clear these guys did everything short of get caught red-handed.

What pisses me off is the Ravens played the Pats the week before the Colts game and narrowly lost. And now I hear this. At least the Ravens don't have the Patriots reputation/stigma. I suppose that's a victory in itself.
Yeah, the Ravens have a great reputation. Welcome to SportsHoopla and thanks for admitting you are a "fucktard"
Fucktard???? How old are you son?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an utter and pathetic joke.

The only wrong here is Brady not coming clean from day one. Deflated balls? Really? No different than greased jerseys, taped pads, sticky hands or what ever.

This lands on the league, IMO. What possible reason is there for giving the game balls to the teams prior to the game? NONE. Asking for trouble and it was likely done before. The refs handle the ball over 150 times a game... but they didn't do anything?? If not for Jackson wanting the ball, this would be what it should be..... A NON ISSUE!!!!

I don't know what's worse, the pathetic league, or the traction this idiocy attracts to social media.

I have every reason to hate and slander Tom Brady. He's like 27-1 against my Bills.... but none of the 27 games we lost were due to a 12 pound football... and neither was the Colts' loss in the playoffs. Absolutely steamrolled. And the SB has nothing to do with this.

C'mon man!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have every reason to hate and slander Tom Brady. He's like 27-1 against my Bills.... but none of the 27 games we lost were due to a 12 pound football... and neither was the Colts' loss in the playoffs. Absolutely steamrolled. And the SB has nothing to do with this.

C'mon man![/QUOTE]
Good unbiased post TKO. I know something I learned QBs really are the golden children.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't going to do anything to the Patriots. The only people who are going to be punished are Brady & the two guys who messed with the Footballs. The Patriots aren't going to lose any draft picks. However, Brady's legacy & integrity will be tarnished forever.

Good call on that! :burt: (I was surprised as well of the penalty to the team)

Roger Goodells Punishment Of Tom Brady For DeflateGate Goes Far Beyond Ridiculous CBS Boston

And so, Goodell announced early Monday afternoon that he approved of Troy Vincent’s discipline: A four-game suspension for Tom Brady, as well as the loss of a first-round and fourth-round pick and $1 million for the Patriots.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may of slapped him a little harder,but this is fair imo the guy lied to the fans,his team,the NFL etc.

Time to move on.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on the bright side going forward the footballs will be close to the same on both sides . the nfl better keep a close eye on billy cheat and cut off the next big cheat .

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's just relieved he's not gonna get a beating week 2 at Buffalo with that Cold Front defense.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's just relieved he's not gonna get a beating week 2 at Buffalo with that Cold Front defense.

He's actually pushing for a 2 game suspension! :pound:

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh. Forgot that I can't edit a post here (one of my punishments for disagreeing with Fordman and HammerDown), something that evidently hasn't changed since last I posted. Anyhow -- when I say Montana knew of what Rice did, I refer to the fact that the evidence was literally at his fingertips.

Yesterday Wells indicated that there was "direct" evidence that was never included in the report.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday Wells indicated that there was "direct" evidence that was never included in the report.

Then why didn't he include it? Failure to include it, if it was significant, will greatly undermine the NFL's position in the labor-law proceedings ahead, because they're bound to limit themselves to what they documented in writing.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless there's something new I think he's saying the evidence presented represents direct evidence.

The lawyer who investigated the New England Patriots insisted Tuesday that he found direct, not just circumstantial, evidence to show quarterbackTom Brady knew team employees were deflating footballs.

Wells said his findings would have been strong enough to convince a jury under the "preponderance of evidence" standard, which is used in many civil cases.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there's something new I think he's saying the evidence presented represents direct evidence.

Everyone seems to want to push back and make this a conspiracy theory. People want to love Brady and hat the NFL. People are afraid that it will taint the Patriots and Brady the wrong way. Well, that is on them not the fans or the league. They did it to themselves.

They are guilty, they were caught, there is no way out. Brady is going to miss all 4 games. Good bye 1st rounder. Brady, the Pats and their fans had better ground themselves in reality, which is that the Patriots personnel did tamper with the game balls, and that tampering which is allowed, ended in the game balls being out of regulation. They were caught and then lied about it.

It is a very closed case and Brady has no chance.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been addressed... but basically the Patriots come out of the punishment saving $1 million, right?

Brady makes $8 mill. So 4 game suspensions saves the Pats $2mill... meaning they come out ahead by $1 mill?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has been addressed... but basically the Patriots come out of the punishment saving $1 million, right?

Brady makes $8 mill. So 4 game suspensions saves the Pats $2mill... meaning they come out ahead by $1 mill?
Yep it's been addressed. What's even better? That $2 million is also taken away from the cap.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep it's been addressed. What's even better? That $2 million is also taken away from the cap.
Gosh, every team should find a way to have their QB's suspended to make up more cap room. Another example of how brilliant BB is!

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read the report and those text messages between the equipment guys sound like the deflation was done at the behest of Mr. Brady and that he rewarded the guys with swag for doing it. He should release his text transcripts if they will exonerate him; if not he should just resign himself to the fact that he was caught cheating, take his medicine and move on so this drama can blow over.

The Pats fans are defending their team and their QB, it is what it is but based on the report I read the investigator was spot on, there was cheating and it damaged the integrity of the game the punishment was warranted.