• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wells reports done..finds Bradys a cheater

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I want a Hammer doll for personal reasons.
th

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man Tedman you are really on a roll. Super informative as well and all on one page alone!!!!

billy kilmer want beat the colts . stfu cheaters

be a man and say i did it and pay the price . it's more than money when you lie nfl integrity is at stake .

i can see the colts going 5 wr

pats fans are so stupid

btw what was the penalty are was this not proven ?

************ tom cheater brady *********

pats choir has a skip in it rock lmao

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you get the feeling that @Rock Strongo is resigning himself to the new reality facing his idol? I do.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for that. Until that article I hadn't realized what Wells was saying was simply putting his guilt into the terminology of the league itself. Awesome!

Here's what the note in small type says, after it explains that Wells and his team were hired to conduct an investigation with regard to the NFL's Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of Competitive Rules.

"Under the Policy, the 'standard of proof required to find that a violation of the competitive rules has occurred' is a 'preponderance of the evidence,' meaning that 'as a whole, the fact sought to be proved is more probable than not,' " the report says.

So they found that what they uncovered at least met the burden of proof as spelled out in the NFL's Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of Competitive Rules.

Kept wondering why they worded it that way and now we know. Good find.

Guilty is still guilty.

Also from what I can gather this panel was put together specifically to address JUST the AFCCG and yet a fair amount of what was in that report came from stuff that happened before that game week. This means likely some of what they found that was damning from other weeks was likely applied to the pieces they did find and together they spelled out that this most certainly did happen.

Guilty is guilty.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts’ four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence."

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL initially suspended Ray Rice for 2 games before the video came out. How many should Brady get(I'm assuming there is no video)?
What he should get and will get are two different things. I'd bet a fine and at most a game or maybe 2 is the reality. He should get at least 4 games. BB should get 8 games at the minimum, but it might be more fun watching Payton sue the league after BB isn't suspended given the disparity that would bring.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What is not highlighted in the text of the report is that three of the Colts’ four footballs measured by at least one official were under the required psi level. As far as we are aware, there is no comparable data available from any other game because, in the history of the NFL, psi levels of footballs have never been measured at halftime, in any climate. If they had been, based on what we now know, it is safe to assume that every cold-weather game was played with under inflated footballs. As compelling a case as the Wells Report may try to make, I am going to rely on the factual evidence of numerous scientists and engineers rather than inferences from circumstantial evidence."
They covered that in the report.

Fiero425

JayCium
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was disappointed enough in Bell and Tom after "Spy-gate" came to light! This puts the nail in their coffin of being willing to do just about anything to win! I can get over those fluke plays which robbed them of SB's the last couple times against the Giants! It was justice; maybe divine miracles to avoid evil being rewarded! After this report, to have the nerve to say "this was a sting" only makes it more heinous; "you should have told us you suspected us of wrongdoing so we would stop before getting really caught!" Is that how the criminal justice system speaks and I'm just not aware of how crime works and how it's punished? :L :gaah: :nono:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They covered that in the report.
The defenders of the faith aren't into actually reading the whole report, just parroting the deflection and distractions of their brethren to keep trying to move our attention away from those pesky facts in the actual report.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What he should get and will get are two different things. I'd bet a fine and at most a game or maybe 2 is the reality. He should get at least 4 games. BB should get 8 games at the minimum, but it might be more fun watching Payton sue the league after BB isn't suspended given the disparity that would bring.

So, Brady maybe being involved(perhaps?) is twice as bad as Ray Rice knocking out his fiancee in your eyes? Interesting.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Brady maybe being involved(perhaps?) is twice as bad as Ray Rice knocking out his fiancee in your eyes? Interesting.
Cheating IN the games should mean more than activities OUTSIDE of the game. Yes. Which one is worse to society? Obviously Rice's transgression. This isn't a court of law, it's punishment for things done to the league.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheating IN the games should mean more than activities OUTSIDE of the game. Yes. Which one is worse to society? Obviously Rice's transgression. This isn't a court of law, it's punishment for things done to the league.

I'd feel differently if they had more than what is revealed in the Wells report. As a Pats fan, I was embarrassed and disgusted when this came out. But after seeing the contents of the report, I am embarrassed that the NFL paid for that crap.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably one of the few non Pats fans that thinks this isn't that big a deal. IMO it's what pine tar or emory boards are to baseball, or pumping in extra noise through your speakers at stadiums. The NFL just needs to fine the mess out of the them, suspend Brady a game or two, and/or take a draft pick away from them. Then set up better ways of measuring the balls from now on.

I consider things like PED's, or Gambling on your games more of things that affect the integrity of the game. This doesn't measure up to that in my opinion.

I think there are more fans that feel the way you do but are just quiet about it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of these deflections just aren't working guys. Keep throwing them out as much as you like, but they won't work. This has nothing to do with Rice and the video of him smacking down his wife. Doesn't have anything to do with Rodgers and what he said on MNF. Nor PED use or any other case.

Did Brady have the game balls deflated before that game? It appears the answer is yes. So why 'probably'? Because that's the language used in the leagues guide. The lawyer simply used that terminology. What they found met the burden of proof as required under that.

And as such, he should be punished not just for cheating, but for lying and obstructing the investigation.

To me the actual crime is worth a fine and maybe a game. Lying and obstructing make it much much worse and means he should sit AT LEAST 4 games.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all the fans own up to the transgressions their teams have committed in the effort to win, they can talk.
:wtf:

How are fans supposed to own up to things their teams have done? :scratch:

Our fans were livid over the PED's several of our players got caught doing. Flat out calling for heads to roll. What more can we do?

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

How are fans supposed to own up to things their teams have done? :scratch:

Our fans were livid over the PED's several of our players got caught doing. Flat out calling for heads to roll. What more can we do?

Yes I am talking about in the general sense here. :) I can't know the details of every poster here. Was that really every Seahawk fan that was upset?

Just responding the those who are the most vocal and vehement but seem to forget that few franchises in this league are truly clean. (ie. glass houses)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are more fans that feel the way you do but are just quiet about it.
I do. But you would be hard pressed to get any fan from a team that has had multiple PED infractions either upheld or dismissed because of a custidy issue. Or fans of teams that have circumvented the salary cap or bet on teams to admit it's worse. Heck the majority of the hypocrits would say it's not even close. That's part of the problem with society now a days.