• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wells report finds Colts played with illegal balls

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wishful thinking on your part.

I actually read the report, and it is in fact a complete hatchet job that has more to do with covering the NFL's ineptitude than anything. For example glossing over the fact they never recorded the ball pressure at the start of the game. They used the Colts balls as the control goup, a big no no when conducting and investigation/testing, etc. etc. etc.

I would believe Satan before I would believe you.

You are completely biased.

Your words and opinions are useless.

You insult our intelligence.

But you are doing a good job of having the exact opposite effect of your intent.

Every post you make, will make the rest of us demand greater sanctions and punishment.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would believe Satan before I would believe you.

You are completely biased.

Your words and opinions are useless.

You insult our intelligence.

But you are doing a good job of having the exact opposite effect of your intent.

Every post you make, will make the rest of us demand greater sanctions and punishment.

Coming from the class moron I don't put much weight into it.

Why don't you actually refute the examples I gave? I'm guessing because you can't.:nod:

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why don't you actually refute the examples I gave? I'm guessing because you can't.:nod:

You are like the Mother of a rapist saying that "he is such a good boy."

Your opinion is worthless on this matter.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do you figure, I actually beleive he did in fact have his ball boys change the pressure?

Nice try though. Done reading the report yet? I know it's got a lot of big words in it that are hard for you so take your time.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is they found the balls underinflated, then immediately stopped testing them and allowed them to play withe underinflated balls. Why not test all of them?
I'm not a Patriots fan or a Colts fan, but I agree that the balls should have been tested regardless of team if some of them were found to be underinflated. In my opinion, this issue could be solved if they just let the NFL take care of the balls.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Patriots fan or a Colts fan, but I agree that the balls should have been tested regardless of team if some of them were found to be underinflated. In my opinion, this issue could be solved if they just let the NFL take care of the balls.

True.

Hockey is a good example. Stick is excessively curved it's removed from play and a 2 minute minor is issued.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw something funny today..Some stated that the NE ball boy can deflate 12 balls in over a minute, in a bathroom, but the NFL could not check 12 Colts balls in 15min...LOL

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw something funny today..Some stated that the NE ball boy can deflate 12 balls in over a minute, in a bathroom, but the NFL could not check 12 Colts balls in 15min...LOL
I was thinking the same thing when I first saw that?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love how the master deflector keeps screaming "Deflection!" :rolleyes2:

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Had the Colts not been whiny cvnts (it's what they do, I know) I and probably most folks would have thought the league did take care of the balls.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, .2 or .3 light on the PSI is just like r*pe :crazy:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had the Colts not been whiny cvnts (it's what they do, I know) I and probably most folks would have thought the league did take care of the balls.
talk about a cheating pussy

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Absolutely - each team providing game balls is just asking for problems - they got it - and are now embarrassed for a stupid rule.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this thread so much shorter than the Patriot threads:noidea:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm maybe because the Colts don't have a history of pushing the fine line between be competive and actually cheating? Or maybe because they keep getting blown out in the playoffs. Maybe both reasons.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better question to ask is why did the OP leave out the results of the 2nd test conducted on each ball. There's a reason why the NFL uses two gauges when testing the inflation levels and no one here can answer that.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A better question to ask is why did the OP leave out the results of the 2nd test conducted on each ball. There's a reason why the NFL uses two gauges when testing the inflation levels and no one here can answer that.

Because he almost certainly did not read the whole report and has been talking out of his ass this whole time?

Look, there is no measure for the number of fucks I don't give about slightly deflated balls. What annoys me is Tom Brady lying between his teeth in order to avoid the slightest bit of backlash. If he had just said "yeah, I asked my ball boys to get the PSI down as low as we could get it, was ignorant of the rule and it is my responsibility to know these things. I am sorry. I goofed" I bet there is not even an investigation. The absolute arrogance and/or cowardice required for him to risk so much to avoid losing so little is what bugs me.

Really, I think the guy is just an idiot.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion but the way things look right now Pats fans don't have too much ammo to fight back with.

I gather you haven't been paying attention to the actual facts then?