• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Great read on deflated balls.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell puffed out his chest and basically gave the NFLPA the one digit salute. That in and of itself was one of the weirdest things that a sports commissioner could do to a union that has command of the money making arm of the enterprise. Now he's pissed off the single most dangerous group outside his command.

What seems very strange to me is that Roger Goodell has pretty much gone into hiding. He must be reading and re-reading the Wells Report and asking himself, "How can I uphold a punishment to a player who has done nothing?"

If I were Tom Brady and Goodell revoked the suspension and tried to fine me, I'd still go to court. At this point, it's become more than clearing his name and being exonerated, it's become contest of wills and what's right. I think Goodell's going to be put on the stand and he'll either tell the truth or potentially be dis-barred and go to prison for perjury.....The killer question.."Did you authorize a Sting operation of the New England Patriots during the 2015 AFC Championship Game?" He has previously said he did not. Question 2.."Who authorized the sting operation?"....Question 3..."Do you allow anyone to conduct sting operations on any team any time?"
The final question....If you didn't authorize the sting operation , but you allowed it, who then ordered it and who is in control of the Commissioner's Office?"

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deflated footballs= lead story for a week or more on ESPN. Hacked computers, meh.....we won't talk about that. LOL. I was reading somewhere where it was thought that the latest report about the Wells Report could also prove that the NFL set NE up. Anyone else see that? I really think shit is about the hit the fan for the NFL. Something is going to come out that they don't want out there..

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell puffed out his chest and basically gave the NFLPA the one digit salute. That in and of itself was one of the weirdest things that a sports commissioner could do to a union that has command of the money making arm of the enterprise. Now he's pissed off the single most dangerous group outside his command.

What seems very strange to me is that Roger Goodell has pretty much gone into hiding. He must be reading and re-reading the Wells Report and asking himself, "How can I uphold a punishment to a player who has done nothing?"

If I were Tom Brady and Goodell revoked the suspension and tried to fine me, I'd still go to court. At this point, it's become more than clearing his name and being exonerated, it's become contest of wills and what's right. I think Goodell's going to be put on the stand and he'll either tell the truth or potentially be dis-barred and go to prison for perjury.....The killer question.."Did you authorize a Sting operation of the New England Patriots during the 2015 AFC Championship Game?" He has previously said he did not. Question 2.."Who authorized the sting operation?"....Question 3..."Do you allow anyone to conduct sting operations on any team any time?"
The final question....If you didn't authorize the sting operation , but you allowed it, who then ordered it and who is in control of the Commissioner's Office?"

who ordered the Code Red?
th

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are starting to surface that more than a few owners are contacting Goodell and want this ended. Owners do not want this to end up in Federal Court. According to a law professor I saw on CNN, this could actually open up a gigantic can of worms. If both side agreed to allow a federal judge hear the evidence and rule, anything brought up could open a door that neither side previously saw.

Everything could be fair game from NFL revenues, tax returns and records, injury cases along with anything that the judge feels is relevant about case.

While Goodell wants to make it appear that he has total control, he's in a tight corner and right now it appears that Brady is holding the rope. Brady has stated publicly that he will not accept any suspension. Would he accept a fine if Goodell publicly exonerated him and fined him for not cooperating with Ted Wells? Or will it take a total exoneration of both himself and the Patriots?

Most people know that Roger Goodell has very little to do with generation of NFL revenue. Until recently he's been the smiling face of the NFL but has recently stepped in dung and has not cleaned off the shoes well at all. He thought he could get away with picking off the crap of Deflategate with a popsicle stick. Then he tried to use a pressure washer. Now he'll have to use a toothpick and a Q-tip.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to fine him for not cooperating by showing you his phone, I am fine with that. I want the NFL to admit that he did nothing wrong, that is the only way this is going to work. I can hear it now. "Kraft paid off Roger to get Brady free, he is still a cheater and deflated those footballs." The thing is, I don't think TB will take anything less than his name being cleared, and that scares the owners of the NFL. Deep down they know this is bull shit and the Wells Report sucked. They were taking the word of Kraft when he said "we will accept the punishment handed down." Kraft then bent over and actually took that BS penalty for the owners and the league. Brady won't do that. He has been dragged through the mud, called a cheater, has been trolled by the NFL and media outlets. TV shows, award shows have all taken shots at TB. Sponsors have fallen back some. He as a person, has taken a huge hit, and that is where the problem is for the NFL. I still say this is bad for the NFL. They went over board and have no life jackets to keep them afloat. Is coming people....They messed with the wrong person...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are starting to surface that more than a few owners are contacting Goodell and want this ended. Owners do not want this to end up in Federal Court. According to a law professor I saw on CNN, this could actually open up a gigantic can of worms. If both side agreed to allow a federal judge hear the evidence and rule, anything brought up could open a door that neither side previously saw.

Everything could be fair game from NFL revenues, tax returns and records, injury cases along with anything that the judge feels is relevant about case.

While Goodell wants to make it appear that he has total control, he's in a tight corner and right now it appears that Brady is holding the rope. Brady has stated publicly that he will not accept any suspension. Would he accept a fine if Goodell publicly exonerated him and fined him for not cooperating with Ted Wells? Or will it take a total exoneration of both himself and the Patriots?

Most people know that Roger Goodell has very little to do with generation of NFL revenue. Until recently he's been the smiling face of the NFL but has recently stepped in dung and has not cleaned off the shoes well at all. He thought he could get away with picking off the crap of Deflategate with a popsicle stick. Then he tried to use a pressure washer. Now he'll have to use a toothpick and a Q-tip.

Goofdell needs to get totally bitch slapped over this and I hope Brady takes him all the way down the crapper. I am also hoping that Kensil goes down the drain with him. This Kensil bullshit needs to end. The owners should be pissed. they are known as being a bunch of tight-fisted cheapskates and to have spent $5,000,000 on a bogus report must really chafe their asses, especially now that it's been exposed as worthless as a roll of charmin. I can't wait for next Tuesday. Christmas comes early Pats fans!!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if anyone wants a laugh, please read this. Talk about a guy that has NO clue, in writing that deflategate is much worse than hackgate.

Comparing the Cardinals 'Hackgate' to the Patriots 'Deflategate' - St. Louis St. Louis Cardinals | Examiner.com

TX.....it's just their way of trying to minimize what the Cardinals did. I realize that the urinal cleaner did in a vendetta against the Astros GM. How was this "lower level" employee connected to some one so high in the Astros infrastructure? Did the Astros GM piss on his hand while he was trying to change the odor eaters in the tank?

No competitive advantage? You stole every little note and secret about the Astros and their entire minor league system.......

Even if a ball attendant did deflate a ball, it's not illegal in the criminal law world. Hacking the computer system of a corporation is 10 years in a federal prison and could cost millions to the hacker or hacker organization. No comparison except in the tiny mind of that reporter, who is, without a doubt, a St Louis Cardinals fan.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TX.....it's just their way of trying to minimize what the Cardinals did. I realize that the urinal cleaner did in a vendetta against the Astros GM. How was this "lower level" employee connected to some one so high in the Astros infrastructure? Did the Astros GM piss on his hand while he was trying to change the odor eaters in the tank?

No competitive advantage? You stole every little note and secret about the Astros and their entire minor league system.......

Even if a ball attendant did deflate a ball, it's not illegal in the criminal law world. Hacking the computer system of a corporation is 10 years in a federal prison and could cost millions to the hacker or hacker organization. No comparison except in the tiny mind of that reporter, who is, without a doubt, a St Louis Cardinals fan.

I guess I was of the logical mind that a writer would know that hacking into a computer system, which is a federal crime is far more severe than letting a whiff of air out of the ball, which still has yet to be proven, but I digress. It's just shameful journalism. It really shows even more how low the journalism standards are today.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody pays attention to anyone who makes sense.

Some guy at Princeton who's a Raven's fan wrote a paper attacking the AEI report. His point was that any science can be twisted to make the author's point correct. Within four hours an MIT grad student destroyed the Princeton guys paper. Science can be twisted, common sense is just ignored.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody pays attention to anyone who makes sense.

Some guy at Princeton who's a Raven's fan wrote a paper attacking the AEI report. His point was that any science can be twisted to make the author's point correct. Within four hours an MIT grad student destroyed the Princeton guys paper. Science can be twisted, common sense is just ignored.

And he's absolutely correct as proven by the Wells Report. Wells paid Exponent to come up with the theory to fit the findings Wells wanted.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he's absolutely correct as proven by the Wells Report. Wells paid Exponent to come up with the theory to fit the findings Wells wanted.

Except as AEI's report pointed out....Exponent's numbers don't add up. AEI couldn't replicate their results. That isn't twisting science. That is just plain Bullshit.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just listened to an interview with Mike Ditka and he spoke glowing of Brady and Belichick and said he doesn't believe Brady did it, he doesn't believe it even matters, and that the NFL is to blame for the whole issue in the first place. I'll take the support of Mike Ditka over the hate of Don Shula any day.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just listened to an interview with Mike Ditka and he spoke glowing of Brady and Belichick and said he doesn't believe Brady did it, he doesn't believe it even matters, and that the NFL is to blame for the whole issue in the first place. I'll take the support of Mike Ditka over the hate of Don Shula any day.

This.