• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wells report finds Colts played with illegal balls

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't entirely accurate. This was the reading of on of the pressure gauges, on the other gauge, they were regulation. For the Pats balls, both gauges showed they were under regulation. Here's the kicker though,if the Colts balls started out at 13 PSI like I have seen some claim and if the Pats balls started at the minimum, the Pats balls deflated 2.6 times more than the Colts balls. Here's the math:

View attachment 15326

Granted, they probably should have measured all the Colts balls. But they probably figured the differences measured were small enough that no tampering was involved. Besides, the Colts knew it was a possibility this would go down... in a since the initiated it. What I would like to see more than anything is the starting pressures of the balls but I haven't seen this anywhere.

"Initial PSI Assumed"????? LOL, red flag right there.....Just goes to show you they never checked the PSI. For all we know Colts balls could have been higher and NE could have been under to start.

They also stopped checking the Colts balls because they ran out of time. Which means they measured the Colts balls 2nd. Reports are.....the PSI in the Colts balls went up while sitting there. IDK to much science BS for me.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't you? What would you like us to do...laugh it off?

Personally I'd let the rest of us have our fun and stay out of it. Honestly even though I see this as no big deal it provides humor to the masses especially watching the fans writhe in pain.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nile-River.jpg

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I'd let the rest of us have our fun and stay out of it. Honestly even though I see this as no big deal it provides humor to the masses especially watching the fans writhe in pain.

So you want to bash an entire fan base and have them sit back an watch or am I misreading?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want to bash an entire fan base and have them sit back an watch or am I misreading?

If I felt I had no defense I'd ignore it on the general and tell trolls on my board to fuck off and go to the general board.

Just my opinion but the way things look right now Pats fans don't have too much ammo to fight back with.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I felt I had no defense I'd ignore it on the general and tell trolls on my board to fuck off and go to the general board.

Just my opinion but the way things look right now Pats fans don't have too much ammo to fight back with.

Well I disagree, but hey....its OK. Great sign today btw!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I disagree, but hey....its OK. Great sign today btw!

Thanks about the signing and we can agree to disagree. I have no problem with the way you and a few other pat fans handled today. I went hard against Rocky earlier because he had no sense of reality what so ever.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree.

The point of all this is that the report hasn't been out 24 hours and it's already crumbling. Looking for the source now about an article that has just come out pointing out how the Well's report has intentionally left out large portions of their investigation that are beneficial to the Patriots and Brady.

Report is starting to look like they came to a conclusion then went looking for the facts to support their conclusion. (Investigation fail 101)

The report has also used the old legal tactic of hiding information that isn't beneficial to it's position in footnotes.

Oh Gawd. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the report is being completely dismantled and showing it's nothing more than an hit piece. And it hasn't even been 24 hours

Of course it is being dismantled by Brady's agent and the rabid Patriot's fans who thronged Salem to listen and cheer to Gray's hard-hitting interview with Brady who completely refused to answer a direct question regarding the report. What an unadulterated liar.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Initial PSI Assumed"????? LOL, red flag right there.....Just goes to show you they never checked the PSI. For all we know Colts balls could have been higher and NE could have been under to start.

They also stopped checking the Colts balls because they ran out of time. Which means they measured the Colts balls 2nd. Reports are.....the PSI in the Colts balls went up while sitting there. IDK to much science BS for me.

How does it show that? This is from a spreadsheet I made from data from the report, not the report. I agree that the initial measurements are vital though. I haven't seen them and they may exist somewhere. My guess is the ref just checks them but doesn't record anything, he either puts air in it before he puts it back in the bag or he just puts it back. Not sure though, I bet it's in the report. I haven't seen that part yet though. I can tell you the amount of pressure change that the balls underwent would take about a 50 degree temperature change.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does it show that? This is from a spreadsheet I made from data from the report, not the report. I agree that the initial measurements are vital though. I haven't seen them and they may exist somewhere. My guess is the ref just checks them but doesn't record anything, he either puts air in it before he puts it back in the bag or he just puts it back. Not sure though, I bet it's in the report. I haven't seen that part yet though. I can tell you the amount of pressure change that the balls underwent would take about a 50 degree temperature change.

You are correct, there was no record of them checking, does not mean they didn't. This to me is an issue that needs to be looked at. I mean TB claims he wants them at 12.5, Luck could be up over 13. No one knows. Willing to bet this wont be an issue next yr. Curious to see what changes they make. It will tell us what they were not doing.

In terms of pressure, I am no science guy so I just go with what I read. I have no clue what the temp was that night, I know it was cold in NE. I mean it could have happened, it could have not.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't entirely accurate. This was the reading of on of the pressure gauges, on the other gauge, they were regulation. For the Pats balls, both gauges showed they were under regulation. Here's the kicker though,if the Colts balls started out at 13 PSI like I have seen some claim and if the Pats balls started at the minimum, the Pats balls deflated 2.6 times more than the Colts balls. Here's the math:

View attachment 15326

Granted, they probably should have measured all the Colts balls. But they probably figured the differences measured were small enough that no tampering was involved. Besides, the Colts knew it was a possibility this would go down... in a since the initiated it. What I would like to see more than anything is the starting pressures of the balls but I haven't seen this anywhere.

The point was that once they started finding low pressure in the colts balls they immediately stopped measuring them. For accuracy in investgating purposes they should have measured them all, regardless of what they were finding.

The starting pressure readings were taken from Walt's memory. They were never actually written down.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is being dismantled by Brady's agent and the rabid Patriot's fans who thronged Salem to listen and cheer to Gray's hard-hitting interview with Brady who completely refused to answer a direct question regarding the report. What an unadulterated liar.

Have you actually read it? I have, and it is in fact a complete hatchet job. It's anything but an independant unbiased investigative report.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's also laughable that biased fans think they will convince neutrals to see it their way.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are completely biased.

Don't try to troll the rest of us.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you actually read it? I have, and it is in fact a complete hatchet job. It's anything but an independant unbiased investigative report.

Your "credibility" is at absolute ZERO.

You should recuse yourself.

You're DQ'ed.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your "credibility" is at absolute ZERO.

You should recuse yourself.

You're DQ'ed.

Wishful thinking on your part.

I actually read the report, and it is in fact a complete hatchet job that has more to do with covering the NFL's ineptitude than anything. For example glossing over the fact they never recorded the ball pressure at the start of the game. They used the Colts balls as the control goup, a big no no when conducting and investigation/testing, etc. etc. etc.