• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 7: Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get them a qb..... young receiving corp
Elway tried. Failed so far after Manning. on his 6th. I think Elway and Lock get one more year. Elway's contract is up after 2021.

I have no issues with Fangio or Shurmur. The plays are there. The QB is not making the right decisions.

lock at this points seems like all talk He needs to stay in the pocket longer. He can make the 30% off schedule plays as well as most in the league. Its the 70% he needs to improve. Improvement each week would be nice. Maybe he just isn't a cold weather QB. Next week is huge.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway tried. Failed so far after Manning. on his 6th. I think Elway and Lock get one more year. Elway's contract is up after 2021.

I have no issues with Fangio or Shurmur. The plays are there. The QB is not making the right decisions.

lock at this points seems like all talk He needs to stay in the pocket longer. He can make the 30% off schedule plays as well as most in the league. Its the 70% he needs to improve. Improvement each week would be nice. Maybe he just isn't a cold weather QB. Next week is huge.
He’s really had one good game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is Jeudy coming out of the game on 4th and 5 at mid field??

smh

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Mahoomes throws for only 200 yards and 0 for 8 on 3rd down and Denver still loses by 28

has only happens once in 50 years
Ok now twice

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to make excuses - but are the total losses for the four teams we have played this year three?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there were some positives that came out of the game against the Chiefs:
  • Defense
    • 4 Sacks of Mahomes
    • Held the Chiefs 0-8 on 3rd down
    • Forced a turnover
    • Defense gave up 27 points, and 14 of those where after the was no longer in doubt.
  • Offense
    • Was able to move the ball when not making mistakes
    • Ran the ball really well
    • The offense ran the ball really well.
    • In the passing game there was plays available, just need to make the plays when they are there.
  • Team
    • This team as constructed today can compete with the Chiefs if they do not make mistakes.
We can dwell on the mistakes made, but unlike previous years I did not see a situation where the Broncos could not compete with the Chiefs. The mistakes can be corrected correctly, it takes longer to become more talented.

I think another point that should not be forgotten is the offense has not had as much time together, and seen a lot of changes throughout the season due to injuries.
  • Gordon and Lindsay have played ~4 quarters together through 6 games.
  • Sutton was the only receiver that Lock played with last year and has been lost for the year.
  • Within the season we have had to play 3 QBs so far.
  • Defense has been really hurt by injuries, getting some guys back now, but the plan has certainly changed.
We can play the what if game all we want, but the fact of the matter is we were relying on Sutton big time this year and his absence is hurting the offense. With the injuries this team has sustained it is hurting their performance this year, but we are building depth that should pay dividends going forward if we keep the coaching staff in place.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take "death by inches" over what I saw yesterday.

The Chiefs are an extremely good team and well coached. They are deep on all aspects of the game of football. Hats off to them.

I'm completely tired of poor special teams play - the assistant coach was retained over an abysmal season last season. Punting is good - kicking is good - tackling and positioning on returns is very poor.

Lock clearly is not as comfortable in the Shumur offense as he was in the offense last year.

I don't understand not making more of a weapon out of Jerry Jeudy.

Hamler clearly hasn't tackled anyone in his entire life - nor has he seen a tackle on tape - after lateraling his interception to the Chiefs - he played like Dumb and Dumber.

The Bronco's Oline and Dline played fairly well.

I almost put my foot through the TV when I watched time and time again - members of the Bronco's secondary stand flat footed as a Chief's ball carrier headed toward them - I don't call that playing football.

It's already time to find out who really wants to play this game as a Denver Bronco.

Loser's lament - the Refs were protecting the Chiefs on Oline holding calls like they were a collection of Lebron James'.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to make excuses - but are the total losses for the four teams we have played this year three?

Our losses have come against teams that are a combined 22-4. All legit Super Bowl contenders. That’s why I’m not gonna panic after the start to the season we’ve had.

Our strength of schedule (minus the Jets) has been one of the hardest in the league so far. The beginning of the season has been stacked with our toughest opponents. The next 4 games are a lot softer, so I want to see how we do in those games before I write off Lock or any other player on this team.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this again unless Elway steps down himself I'd rather start over with new ownership first new FO second. We are a 21/22 team. We are all tired of losing and concerned about losing culture. Denver needs to keep plugging forward but, do have to make decisions on big contracts esp when we aren't winning much. We just have to ride this out

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take "death by inches" over what I saw yesterday.

The Chiefs are an extremely good team and well coached. They are deep on all aspects of the game of football. Hats off to them.

I'm completely tired of poor special teams play - the assistant coach was retained over an abysmal season last season. Punting is good - kicking is good - tackling and positioning on returns is very poor.

Lock clearly is not as comfortable in the Shumur offense as he was in the offense last year.

I don't understand not making more of a weapon out of Jerry Jeudy.

Hamler clearly hasn't tackled anyone in his entire life - nor has he seen a tackle on tape - after lateraling his interception to the Chiefs - he played like Dumb and Dumber.

The Bronco's Oline and Dline played fairly well.

I almost put my foot through the TV when I watched time and time again - members of the Bronco's secondary stand flat footed as a Chief's ball carrier headed toward them - I don't call that playing football.

It's already time to find out who really wants to play this game as a Denver Bronco.

Loser's lament - the Refs were protecting the Chiefs on Oline holding calls like they were a collection of Lebron James'.
Great Post Mingo

The one thing that bothered me was why are we rolling Lock out when he isn't ready to see whole field. We are cutting 2/3s of the field off right away. We want Lock to learn seeing the field better right? D's just flood 1/3 of field so easy. No wonder we are struggling. Where is the fight and tude on O just hanging heads. GO Broncos

IronJaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missing an entire preseason doesn't help teams (yet the league keeps wanting to cut short the preseason). In most of the games one could clearly see problems that could have been corrected earlier. Heck, when I was growing up the NFL (and AFL) had 6 preseason games before the 14 game schedule.

I notice that in college football this year too. Most teams schedule non-league games (often against wimpy opponents) to prepare for the league games or bonus non-league games. It seems like there is no defense in the college games this season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to bring up a player that I am disappointed in this season. Special-teams player Joe Jones is on the roster for his special teams play. He has made one special teams tackle this season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to bring up a player that I am disappointed in this season. Special-teams player Joe Jones is on the roster for his special teams play. He has made one special teams tackle this season.
Squealer