• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 7: Kansas City Chiefs at Denver Broncos

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offensive philosophy seems to be run the ball at all costs.We has no business running the ball when all 11 defenders are with in 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. The Chiefs dared us to throw on 1st and 2nd down, but more times then not we ran for 3 or less yards. Then when in obvious passing situations Flacco held onto the ball too long. I am thinking Flacco leads the league in 3 categories:
1. Fumbles
2. Sacks
3. Holding the ball the longest

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t been this disgusted with this team in quite awhile. Zero emotion or passion out there, they didn’t even want to be there it seems

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t been this disgusted with this team in quite awhile. Zero emotion or passion out there, they didn’t even want to be there it seems

Yeah I feel the same way. I cannot remember even one of VJs teams looking so aloof and disinterested in the task at hand. This goes for the offense, defense was actually decent tonight. Didn’t hurt that Mahommes went out, imagine how out of control this would have been had he not been injured? There was no pulse tonight. I don’t want to see another Flacco start on this team ever. I can’t stand to see that kind of lack of leadership. I’d rather see Siemian than Flacco.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is our offensive philosophy, because I’m confused.

I think using Joe Flacco's dumbfounded, empty gaze to hypnotize and momentarily freeze opposing defenses was a good idea, but it obviously hasn't worked out the way we'd hoped

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you would have said that KC would be up 13-6 in the 2nd quarter and Mahommes would leave the game in favor of Matt Moore -- how many people would have thought that we'd end up losing by 24 points ??

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side our Zombie O does have a Halloween theme going for it.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think using Joe Flacco's dumbfounded, empty gaze to hypnotize and momentarily freeze opposing defenses was a good idea, but it obviously hasn't worked out the way we'd hoped

LOL - I needed that. Thanks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word in Bronco history that describes this game is Debacle. Once the Broncos lost to the Oilers without obtaining a single first down.

Funny story in that debacle - is it was one of Floyd Little's first games - a preseason game in the Astro Dome - when astro turf only existed in the Astro Dome. The Broncos wanted to show off their first in franchise history number 1 pick actually signed - and the Broncos worried that Little would get injured in preseason.

The equipment guy had an idea he pitched that would give Floyd Little better odds against a knee injury on astro turf. The equipment guy had fashioned a pair of Little's football cleats with cleats that swiveled away from the sole of the shoe if a force pushed the foot violently to the side. The theory was that this would save the knee from the tork injuries.

The Broncos spring this on little in the locker room before the game and sell it to him as an advanced equipment idea that will save a lot of RB knee injuries. The fact was these cleats had never actually been tried on a human being before. Little put them on and walked around with them in the locker room - and every was more interested in seeing if them fit Little than if they worked (of course it will work).

As I mentioned the Broncos lost that game - with the distinction of being the first pro football team to ever play an entire game without gaining a first down. The game was for years referred to as the Debacle. Little played one running play in the cleats and found that the cleat pivots released when he tried to make a cut. Little left the playing field after that one play and changed into his regular cleats.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't Denver try running the ball more?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a crappy performance by the Denver Broncos - very disappointed in the effort.

I was wondering if Fangio gambled on the extra point and the punt - to inject some life into this team, and when those plays failed - the Broncos played like losers from that point on.

It was also embarrassing to see that the Chiefs wanted this game so much more than the Broncos did.

The pass protection was so bad - it had the look of being a conspiracy. The Oline pass protected like each one of them thought Flacco was having an affair with their wives - and Flacco thought every play started off as a 5 second statute of Liberty. It was like a bad practice.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aikman is taking Elway to the woodshed

He built this abortion yet no consequences

You would never make it as a steelers fan.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I feel the same way. I cannot remember even one of VJs teams looking so aloof and disinterested in the task at hand. This goes for the offense, defense was actually decent tonight. Didn’t hurt that Mahommes went out, imagine how out of control this would have been had he not been injured? There was no pulse tonight. I don’t want to see another Flacco start on this team ever. I can’t stand to see that kind of lack of leadership. I’d rather see Siemian than Flacco.

What really makes the oddness of this performance stand out - is that after two wins - excitement for the team and a home game against the rival in the division - and still they came out disinterested in playing? There has to be a story to that -this is not normal.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a big play guy in Lindsay, something this offense has been missing for years. He also plays with the fire of a thousand suns. Yet Freeman gets more snaps? Is this a Fangio thing or a scangarello thing? I am not impressed with scagarello play calling at all. I’m not impressed with Fangio’s blasé attitude on the sideline of its just another day at the office. I want to see Fangio’s foot in someone’s ass, and scangarello to run something more than a high school football teams offense

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really makes the oddness of this performance stand out - is that after two wins - excitement for the team and a home game against the rival in the division - and still they came out disinterested in playing? There has to be a story to that -this is not normal.

Truth! Especially after the injury to Mahommes. Look nobody wants to see a guy hurt but nobody is going to feel sorry for anyone either. Except the Broncos who seemed to play gentleman’s football to compensate for the Chiefs loss of a star player. They had no intensity and honestly event hat scoring drive was helped by a couple penalties or this could have been a shutout by one of the worst defenses in the league.

Something is just not right with this team.