• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

week 4 top 25 discussion thread

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Clemson (1)
2) Oregon (2)
3) Ohio St. (3)
4) Alabama (4)
5) Stanford (5)
6) Louisville (6)
7) Georgia (7)
8) LSU (8)
9) FSU (9)
10) Oklahoma (10)
11) S. Carolina (11)
12) Texas A&M (12)
13) Northwestern (13)
14) UCF (14)
15) N. Illinois (15)
16) UCLA (16)
17) Oklahoma St. (17)
18) Miami (18)
19) Michigan (19)
20) Georgia Tech (20)
21) Notre Dame (22)
22) Washington (23)
23) Baylor (24)
24) Texas Tech (25)
25) Ole Miss (NR)

Dropped Out:

#21 UNC

N. Illinois at 15? Really? I would pick Fresno State if you are going that route - at least they beat Boise and Rutgers.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite is the Bama fan that put Oregon at 8. Got his best Saban on trying to manipulate a poll

That is exactly why a small committee won't be good for CFB.

BamaBino is going to be on the committee?????

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread has become a fucking joke. VT fans can't face the reality their team isn't good so they go on the defensive, and for some reason a UNC fan comes in spouting off nonsense that isn't supported by a single thing. By year's end, Wisconsin will be ranked ahead of Virginia Tech (who will likely not be ranked if their first 4 games is an indication), and only an idiot actually thinks Va Tech is as good as Wisconsin.

No one is getting defensive. B1G fans were the ones in this thread that brought up VT, not any VT fan. I haven't even said that VT should be ranked. I am calling out bullshit, though.

Saying Minnesota should be ranked ahead of a team like VT is a joke. Touting a resume that includes wins over Tennessee Tech and UMass, and a loss to an unranked team is also a joke.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is getting defensive. B1G fans were the ones in this thread that brought up VT, not any VT fan. I haven't even said that VT should be ranked. I am calling out bullshit, though.

Saying Minnesota should be ranked ahead of a team like VT is a joke.
Touting a resume that includes wins over Tennessee Tech and UMass, and a loss to an unranked team is also a joke.

This.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go easy on bino, mamba. He's a retired mail truck driver. He's gone through enough dog's biting his ass and having his son eat all the pig's feet, he doesn't need to be embarrassed on here so badly.

MrJones.jpg

Mail truck driver? I don't think so.

:wtf2:

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, ok. I mean, there's literally not a single thing that would support that, but anything to help your fellow conference mate, right? :L

Please show me the quote from Minnesota's coach that said they are "intentionally scheduling crap teams OOC".

ECU returned 21 starters from last year and has a high scoring offense. San Jose St returned 13.

And done (even though it isn't word for word) : Kill: Weaker schedule necessary, but temporary | Gridiron Gold | StarTribune.com

They scheduled a 1-11 team

Just because I don't like being on the bottom of the page

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at this thread....

bunch of whiny bitches.....

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This bamabino clown definitely becomes deathly insecure over certain teams.

It's quite funny.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ECU returned 21 starters from last year and has a high scoring offense. San Jose St returned 13.

And done (even though it isn't word for word) : Kill: Weaker schedule necessary, but temporary | Gridiron Gold | StarTribune.com

They scheduled a 1-11 team

So he said he's not trying to schedule big-time programs, but I don't see where it says he's purposefully gonna schedule only "crappy" teams. I see it's a weaker schedule but did you not see that they just played a home/home with USC? Did you not notice they have both TCU and Oregon State on their schedule for the next 4 out of 5 years? San Jose State was an 11-win team from last year that has a likely first-rounder at QB. What does ECU have? Nothing. Just because he said they're not trying to play a really difficult OOC doesn't mean he's only now going to schedule bottom-feeders. USC, TCU and Oregon State in OOC is harder than a lot of other teams try and do.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saying Minnesota should be ranked ahead of a team like VT is a joke. Touting a resume that includes wins over Tennessee Tech and UMass, and a loss to an unranked team is also a joke.

I called out someone's rankings for having VT ranked. I said they've done nothing to be ranked, and it turned into this.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he said he's not trying to schedule big-time programs, but I don't see where it says he's purposefully gonna schedule only "crappy" teams. I see it's a weaker schedule but did you not see that they just played a home/home with USC? Did you not notice they have both TCU and Oregon State on their schedule for the next 4 out of 5 years? San Jose State was an 11-win team from last year that has a likely first-rounder at QB. What does ECU have? Nothing. Just because he said they're not trying to play a really difficult OOC doesn't mean he's only now going to schedule bottom-feeders. USC, TCU and Oregon State in OOC is harder than a lot of other teams try and do.

He cancelled a home and home with Carolina to schedule a 1-11 team because he needs to build their confidence and help them get to a bowl and become competitive. He said it wasn't permanent, but now that they've made two bowl games in a row and he thinks they can win games they are improving their OOC schedule. I would say paying $800,000 to cancel a game against Carolina to play a 1-11 team because they can't compete with Carolina is him saying they are intentionally scheduling crap games. San Jose State was an 11 win team, this year they aren't. This year, ECU was projected to win their conference and SJSU was projected to finish second in their division. ECU didn't lose their coach, or any players. My opinion is that ECU is better than SJSU, if you think otherwise so be it, but it's not nonsense. It's completely logical.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cancelled a home and home with Carolina to schedule a 1-11 team because he needs to build their confidence and help them get to a bowl and become competitive. He said it wasn't permanent, but now that they've made two bowl games in a row and he thinks they can win games they are improving their OOC schedule. I would say paying $800,000 to cancel a game against Carolina to play a 1-11 team because they can't compete with Carolina is him saying they are intentionally scheduling crap games. San Jose State was an 11 win team, this year they aren't. This year, ECU was projected to win their conference and SJSU was projected to finish second in their division. ECU didn't lose their coach, or any players. My opinion is that ECU is better than SJSU, if you think otherwise so be it, but it's not nonsense. It's completely logical.

SJSU also plays in a division with more talent than ECU or Marshall's entire conference. I saw East Carolina struggled to put away first-year FBS team Old Dominion. That makes them good?

Sorry he cancelled on UNC, I can see why you're pissed. That sucks because that could've been an entertaining 2 game set. However, cancelling one game doesn't mean he's out to only schedule crappy teams. Keeping the 3 aforementioned home/home's with, to be fair, teams that have been better than UNC shows he's not tanking the schedule completely, though.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJSU also plays in a division with more talent than ECU or Marshall's entire conference. I saw East Carolina struggled to put away first-year FBS team Old Dominion. That makes them good?

Sorry he cancelled on UNC, I can see why you're pissed. That sucks because that could've been an entertaining 2 game set. However, cancelling one game doesn't mean he's out to only schedule crappy teams. Keeping the 3 aforementioned home/home's with, to be fair, teams that have been better than UNC shows he's not tanking the schedule completely, though.

He begged his AD to cancel the UNC game. Read the link, his team wasn't ready to be competitive.

The Gophers' non-conference football schedule will be toughened up again, coach Jerry Kill said Thursday, once the team improves to the point where it can be competitive in those games.

but he defended the move, saying that lowering the strength of schedule until the program improves was a part of the plan he used to turn around the football fortunes of Southern Illinois and Northern Illinois, too.

Maybe he believes they will be capable of playing with TCU in 2015 and 2016 and Oregon St in 2017 and 2018. He also had zero say with the USC series because he didn't have time to cancel the USC game after he was hired.

This schedule is bad, and it's bad because Jerry Kill wanted it to be.
1. New Mexico State - Terrible
2. UNLV - Bad
3. Western Illinois - FCS
4. San Jose State - Not any better than ECU, IMO.

I could also argue that because SJSU lost to Minnesota they are not very good. There's no real reason to assume SJSU is good this year, unless we base it on the Stanford game (and then we would think Army is good even though they lost to probably the worst AQ school in the country).

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You misunderstood me, or I didn't make my comment clear enough.

Just trying to be funny.

I view him as just another example of how people with an agenda (aka people) will screw up this small committee we are getting shoved down our throats.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view him as just another example of how people with an agenda (aka people) will screw up this small committee we are getting shoved down our throats.

I totally agree that it could be agenda driven. If we thought we heard bitching and moaning over the BCS just wait until the CFP committee releases there 1st playoff. It will be ugly.

Fortunately for Oregon the media is all over their nuts so they will benefit from a potential bias.

But nonetheless, wrong is wrong.

Jury is still out. I will take the wait and see approach.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really not looking forward to it. my poll had agenda in it too of course. Agendas are why I has hoped for a really large committee or keep current method