• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

week 4 top 25 discussion thread

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any poll that has VT in the top 25 is automatically invalid. That team is not good.

My reasoning. They lost to the #1 team in the country, and their defense is a top 10 caliber defense. The back end of the top 25 is extremely weak this year. Have they looked impressive, absolutely not, but if they played other teams schedules where would they be?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My reasoning. They lost to the #1 team in the country, and their defense is a top 10 caliber defense. The back end of the top 25 is extremely weak this year. Have they looked impressive, absolutely not, but if they played other teams schedules where would they be?

They have played literally one team worth a damn and they looked horrible. In what way is their defense top 10? Because they used to be? They're 28th in points against and they needed a non-called PI and a perfectly-thrown TD pass drop to beat Marshall. There are MANY more teams deserving of being in there over VT. Just because they got rolled by Bama doesn't mean they are a top 25 team. Hell, put Minnesota in there over VT. Their win this weekend vs. San Jose State was more impressive than anything VT has done since 2011.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team that beat us, whose only loss was a 42-28 game where they outgained their top 5 opponent on the road and might have won if their QB didn't punt a ball into his O-Line's back, doesn't deserved to be ranked? With a weak top 25?

If you really think they beat us, there is simply no way that you can claim that NDSU deserves to be in over them.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team that beat us, whose only loss was a 42-28 game where they outgained their top 5 opponent on the road and might have won if their QB didn't punt a ball into his O-Line's back, doesn't deserved to be ranked? With a weak top 25?

If you really think they beat us, there is simply no way that you can claim that NDSU deserves to be in over them.

ASU's win over Wisconsin is FAR better than anything VT has done, yet he thinks VT is one of the 24 best teams in the nation. Are you surprised?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have played literally one team worth a damn and they looked horrible. In what way is their defense top 10? Because they used to be? They're 28th in points against and they needed a non-called PI and a perfectly-thrown TD pass drop to beat Marshall. There are MANY more teams deserving of being in there over VT. Just because they got rolled by Bama doesn't mean they are a top 25 team. Hell, put Minnesota in there over VT. Their win this weekend vs. San Jose State was more impressive than anything VT has done since 2011.

I think their defense is legit. They held Bama to something around 200 total yards. The 30+ pts Bama scored were not a reflection of how the defense played

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think their defense is legit. They held Bama to something around 200 total yards. The 30+ pts Bama scored were not a reflection of how the defense played

Bear in mind that Bama scored 2 special teams TDs and a defensive TD. Those cut down on the amount of offensive plays run and yards put up.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They played great against Bama. Only gave up 14. Bama had a pick 6 and had two special teams TD's. They are only giving up 12 ppg and their offense routinely puts them in bad field position. I think they have a defense good enough to warrant a top 25 ranking at this point.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Stanford
4. Ohio State
5. Clemson
6. Louisville
7. Oklahoma State
8. Baylor
9. Northwestern
10. LSU
11. Georgia
12. Oklahoma
13. Washington
14. UCLA
15. Florida State
16. Texas A&M
17. South Carolina
18. Miami of Florida
19. Fresno State
20. Texas Tech
21. Maryland
22. Arizona State
23. Wisconsin
24. Michigan-.really shouldn't be ranked
25. North Dakota State-it isn't even fair to the other Fcs.teams that.this team is Fcs

Haven't drank the FSU kool-aid yet, huh? Not saying you should, but just curious as to why.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Va Tech is 3-1 against the 37th ranked SOS, Wisconsin is 3-1 against the 151st ranked SOS. Va Tech lost to the #1 team in the country. Wisconsin lost to a team not even in the top 25.

Hands down Va. Tech has the better resume.

NDSU beat Kansas State on the road, they were more of a mockery pick b/c 20-25 are extremely weak this year.

SOS shouldn't be even in the discussion right now when no team has played more than a third of their games because that takes into account 2 times as many games they haven't even played.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Oregon or Alabama
127. North Carolina

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wanting to make sure there wasn't some other extenuating circumstance affecting your poll placement of OU.

Your poll seems to deviate quite a bit from any other polls I've seen regarding OU.

I see what you did with your rankings :cool2:
I agree, North Carolina is terrible.

But seriously, why should I rank Oklahoma? Because other people are? They haven't been impressive, IMO. Do you think their resume is good enough for them to be ranked? Do Houston, Missouri, Navy, Colorado, Northern Illinois, all deserve to be ranked as well?

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you did with your rankings :cool2:
I agree, North Carolina is terrible.

But seriously, why should I rank Oklahoma? Because other people are? They haven't been impressive, IMO. Do you think their resume is good enough for them to be ranked? Do Houston, Missouri, Navy, Colorado, Northern Illinois, all deserve to be ranked as well?

Shit man...do what you want. Don't listen to me. I'm just a butthurt homer.

If you don't think they're worth it then good for you. Stick to your guns. I'm sure there is someone who would agree with you that those 25 teams are better than OU.

Good luck to you and your team this season.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU SUCK

and

I refuse to participate

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all funny. LSU is the only team that can beat A&M and I've got them #3. We already know Oregon chokes in every big game,especially if it's against a top SEC team. Baylor tore K.State up worse than they did at the end of last year. As far as Ohnonever State goes, they're 15-0 or whatever and have yet to beat a top 23 team. Everyone I have ranked above them would beat them.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all funny. LSU is the only team that can beat A&M and I've got them #3. We already know Oregon chokes in every big game,especially if it's against a top SEC team. Baylor tore K.State up worse than they did at the end of last year. As far as Ohnonever State goes, they're 15-0 or whatever and have yet to beat a top 23 team. Everyone I have ranked above them would beat them.

If you are referring to Oregon losing tell me a team that doesn't lose a game once a year.:noidea:

1 I know Bama had an undefeated season a few years ago. But every team loses man.

2. Ok, SO Baylor beat K State worse than Oregon.

If you use that argument, (which is ridiculous) will any SEC team beat Tennessee worse than Oregon? No team has beat Tennessee that bad in over 100 years.

Also, in 2010, Oregon beat Tennessee at Neyland worse than any team ever.

You still like that reasoning for ranking Baylor over Oregon? Cuz I just put a massive Titanic meets Iceberg hole in that comparison.