• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

week 4 top 25 discussion thread

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are referring to Oregon losing tell me a team that doesn't lose a game once a year.:noidea:

1 I know Bama had an undefeated season a few years ago. But every team loses man.

2. Ok, SO Baylor beat K State worse than Oregon.

If you use that argument, (which is ridiculous) will any SEC team beat Tennessee worse than Oregon? No team has beat Tennessee that bad in over 100 years.

Also, in 2010, Oregon beat Tennessee at Neyland worse than any team ever.

You still like that reasoning for ranking Baylor over Oregon? Cuz I just put a massive Titanic meets Iceberg hole in that comparison.

Baylor has been every bit as impressive as Oregon. In fact, nothing about Oregon the past 5 years is impressive. They have 1 win over a top 5, which is end season #4 Stanford 2-3 years ago.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor has been every bit as impressive as Oregon. In fact, nothing about Oregon the past 5 years is impressive. They have 1 win over a top 5, which is end season #4 Stanford 2-3 years ago.

and Bama is 2-19 while undefeated vs SEC top 10 teams in the BCS era:noidea:

Does that matter? Not really as they have 3 crystal footballs in said era.

You are too easy.

Cant figure out if you are a bad troll or just that dumb...:lol:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, you didn't address the hole I put into your like opponent argument... that is totally ridiculous btw.

You diverted from that quite quickly.

You must grow tired of me making you look foolish. But maybe not, you do a fine job of that on your own.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, you didn't address the hole I put into your like opponent argument... that is totally ridiculous btw.

You diverted from that quite quickly.

You must grow tired of me making you look foolish. But maybe not, you do a fine job of that on your own.

Your little 2-19 BCS era in-season stat leaves out Bama's far more impressive 6 wins over end season ranked top 5 teams in the past 5 years. Keep on running up the score on your cupcakes. Voters love it.

:laugh3:@ Oregon's 1 measly win over a top 5 to show for 5 years of football.

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your little 2-19 BCS era in-season stat leaves out Bama's far more impressive 6 wins over end season ranked top 5 teams in the past 5 years. Keep on running up the score on your cupcakes. Voters love it.

Well bud, just going off of your chosen debate , which was about teams (specifically Oregon) losing.

Once again, you choose to divert and not answer the question because you have nothing but something random to come back to me with... That I point out factual information as a retort and totally shoot your arguments down.

Running up the score til halfway through the third quarter?

Oregon pulls their starters in the 3rd. Runs the ball into the ground to not run up the score.

You really don't know much about football do you?

You know, I am not arguing who is better the last 5 years. Obviously that is Alabama. This year. Alabama is #1 and the title goes through them. Oregon would be glad and fortunate to get an opportunity to see where we are to play you.

But your arguments and reasoning boarder on sheer stupidity honestly.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you cant talk football with the big boys with out being made a fool.

How bout a spellin contest.

Im your Huckleberry....

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well bud, just going off of your chosen debate , which was about teams (specifically Oregon) losing.

Once again, you choose to divert and not answer the question because you have nothing but something random to come back to me with... That I point out factual information as a retort and totally shoot your arguments down.

Oregon pulls their starters in the 3rd. Runs the ball into the ground to not run up the score.

You really don't know much about football do you?

You know, I am not arguing who is better the last 5 years. Obviously that is Alabama. This year. Alabama is #1 and the title goes through them. Oregon would be glad and fortunate to get an opportunity to see where we are to play you.

But your arguments and reasoning boarder on sheer stupidity honestly.

If you call sheer stupidity backing up your position with actual game results then so be it. Fact remains that Oregon has only beat 1 top 5 team in 5 years. Their track record in big games the past 5 years is abysmal.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is so obviously clear to everyone that the teams you fear or don't want to see ranked close to Bama in a mock SportsHoopla poll have you so insecure you rank them 8 and 15.

You are the only Alabama fan that does this. Cuz I believe you believe they are a threat.

I have talked with 4 Bama fans so far here at the Hoop that have said they believe Oregon is #1 right now and would beat Bama off of what they have seen so far.

I am not sure about either of those. But they are secure enough to admit Oregon looks better than 8 in the country.

Not sure if it is your subconscious or it is actually in your mind and you are doing it to make yourself feel better. Or possibly just doing it to get a rise outta The #2 and #3 teams according to Coaches poll.

ANyways, you are fun and easy to debate with.

Onwerdz for me. Have a good evening,

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you call sheer stupidity backing up your position with actual game results then so be it. Fact remains that Oregon has only beat 1 top 5 team in 5 years. Their track record in big games the past 5 years is abysmal.

Are we voting on 5 years of merits or the 2013 season?:noidea:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all funny. LSU is the only team that can beat A&M and I've got them #3. We already know Oregon chokes in every big game,especially if it's against a top SEC team. Baylor tore K.State up worse than they did at the end of last year. As far as Ohnonever State goes, they're 15-0 or whatever and have yet to beat a top 23 team. Everyone I have ranked above them would beat them.
2. Ok, SO Baylor beat K State worse than Oregon.

If you use that argument, (which is ridiculous) will any SEC team beat Tennessee worse than Oregon? No team has beat Tennessee that bad in over 100 years.

Also, in 2010, Oregon beat Tennessee at Neyland worse than any team ever.

Keep on running up the score on your cupcakes. Voters love it.

Are you going to continue to DIVERT DIVERT DIVERT?

Or are you going to address the above question and comment that you brought up?

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you going to continue to DIVERT DIVERT DIVERT?

Or are you going to address the above question and comment that you brought up?

What's to address? Tennessee is nothing. The other cupcakes Oregon has beat this year are nothing. Bama's win over Johnny Football is something. Nite angry mod.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's to address? Tennessee is nothing. The other cupcakes Oregon has beat this year are nothing. Bama's win over Johnny Football is something. Nite angry mod.

Oh, Im not angry friend. Not at all. Cool as a cucumber. Just call em as I see em.

Have a good evening. Be safe!

:suds:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you wave their SEC team flag for the 1998 SEC NATTY?

Then wave the flag for the 59 - 14 loss as well.

:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Oregon
2. Clemson
3. tOSU
4. Stanford
5. LSU
6. Bama
7. FSU
8. Okie st.
9. Baylor
10. Oklahoma
11. Miami
12. UCLA
13. Washington
14. Louisville
15. Michigan
16. Texas Tech
17. Ole Miss
18. Georgia
19. Texas A&M
20. USCe
21. ND
22. Northwestern
23. Wisconson
24. Fresno
25. Georgia Tech.

One loss teams should fall. I don't care if you play in the so called toughest conference in the land. If you lose you go down the list. With quality wins you can work your way back up but not before you actually win those games.

So what quality win does Oregon, Stanford and OSU have to jump Alabama? Big wins over crap teams? Pretty sure Alabama is NOT a 1 loss team and according to last weeks SportsHoopla poll will play 3 of its first 4 teams in SportsHoopla's top 30. Alabama's best win is definitely better then theirs. Texas A&M loses to the real polls #1 team in a tough game and they are #19? Can you really justify this in your mind? :noidea:

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what quality win does Oregon, Stanford and OSU have to jump Alabama? Big wins over crap teams? Pretty sure Alabama is NOT a 1 loss team and according to last weeks SportsHoopla poll will play 3 of its first 4 teams in SportsHoopla's top 30. Alabama's best win is definitely better then theirs. Texas A&M loses to the real polls #1 team in a tough game and they are #19? Can you really justify this in your mind? :noidea:

Bama will be back toward the top with a win over Ole Miss this weekend. A&M's defense has given up 31, 28, 49, and last week a respectable 13. This is the 109th ranked defense and the only competiton they had beat them and scored a half a hundered on them! Bama's offene is ranked 82nd in the country. Performances against V-tech and Colorado St did not look like the dominate #1 team in the country. The only team with an offensive pulse (A&M) put up 42 on the Tide. In order for A&M to move up they are going to have to beat someone other than Rice, Sam Houston, and SMU. Yes they had a tough game against Bama but in my mind Bama is nowhere near as good as they were last season. They are only #1 in the polls because they are Bama. Any other team only beating Colorado St 17-6 in the 4th would have taken a hit in the polls but not Bama. They may yet prove me wrong and dominate when they get to their conference schedule but if they have performances like they did in weeks 1 and 3 they will be more than a one loss team.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama will be back toward the top with a win over Ole Miss this weekend. A&M's defense has given up 31, 28, 49, and last week a respectable 13. This is the 109th ranked defense and the only competiton they had beat them and scored a half a hundered on them! Bama's offene is ranked 82nd in the country. Performances against V-tech and Colorado St did not look like the dominate #1 team in the country. The only team with an offensive pulse (A&M) put up 42 on the Tide. In order for A&M to move up they are going to have to beat someone other than Rice, Sam Houston, and SMU. Yes they had a tough game against Bama but in my mind Bama is nowhere near as good as they were last season. They are only #1 in the polls because they are Bama. Any other team only beating Colorado St 17-6 in the 4th would have taken a hit in the polls but not Bama. They may yet prove me wrong and dominate when they get to their conference schedule but if they have performances like they did in weeks 1 and 3 they will be more than a one loss team.

add to that the 56th ranked defense.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One loss teams should fall. I don't care if you play in the so called toughest conference in the land. If you lose you go down the list. With quality wins you can work your way back up but not before you actually win those games.

While I agree with this statement, it all depends on how you create your poll. Personally, I'm with you and go off what has been done on the field. However, a lot of people make it off what they think the teams will do. You can argue either way, but personally, I go by results because if everything went how people thought they would, what's the point in playing the game. Not to mention people that say they lost to a top 10 team don't understand that these teams have done nothing this year to deserve those rankings. It's all based off last year and what people think they will do this year.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go easy on bino, mamba. He's a retired mail truck driver. He's gone through enough dog's biting his ass and having his son eat all the pig's feet, he doesn't need to be embarrassed on here so badly.

MrJones.jpg

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the butthurt B1G fans who prove again they don't know anything about football outside of their conference.

ECU came in averaging 41.5 points per game and 397 yards/game. We held them to 10 points and 204 yards. Our kicker also decided to freak out and miss 3 fgs and an extra point, leaving 10 points on the field.

Marshall averaged 47 points a game and 527 yards/game. We held them to 22 points and 361 yards.

Has it been pretty? Not really. However, we've beaten teams that were projected to finish number 1 and number 2 in their league. We lost to the number 1 team in the nation due to some special teams gaffes because of injuries to our starters.

Wisconsin has played the 86th SoS, and that OSU boner who said Minnesota was better than VT, they have played the 124 SoS (out of 125)