• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Redskins @ Rams

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we are one the subject (QB comparisons) Kevin Hogan the former Stanford QB who was available in the 2016 draft is far and away better than Colt McCoy. We had a chance to upgrade there and we passed. (We got Matt Ion in the 5th round). Not a bad pick, but considering all of the speculation surrounding Kirk and his future here, there should be clear signs that there's an alternative plan in place if worse case scenario happens. Nate wasn't it and neither is Colt unless.............."FuCK" I almost forgot about Bruce.:D

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are almost exact duplicates in that regard. This is what I was referring to in my earlier post when I mentioned their "obvious similarities."

Except they are not obvious. KC threw for nearly 5k yards. McCarron, whom I like has maybe 1k in his career. Far from obvious.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and read the folks I have blocked. So I understand a bit more.

Still "a watered down Big Ben" means Big Ben attributes. I see NONE of that in Dalton. Dalton and Cousin's are more similar players then either is to Ben.

You keep saying McCarron fits Gruden's offense and I keep asking why and you have never answered. You have zero to base that on. And I will continue to say if he can't beat out Dalton he is not better than Cousin's.
why would you block people lol

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except they are not obvious. KC threw for nearly 5k yards. McCarron, whom I like has maybe 1k in his career. Far from obvious.

Come on man, how many yards they respectively threw for is not at question, your original point was about timing and getting the ball out on time. They both do this equally well, but I get it you want to argue soooooo.....

You hate my mother and never take me out any more, Don't touch me!! (God Damn is this how it feels to say shit like that?....females!!):pound:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, how many yards they respectively threw for is not at question, your original point was about timing and getting the ball out on time. They both do this equally well, but I get it you want to argue soooooo.....

You hate my mother and never take me out any more, Don't touch me!! (God Damn is this how it feels to say shit like that?....females!!):pound:

Not at all. I am saying there is nowhere close to enough evidence to suggest McCarron is at the level of KC. It is fine to believe they are but you can't suggest the evidence supports it at this point.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. I am saying there is nowhere close to enough evidence to suggest McCarron is at the level of KC. It is fine to believe they are but you can't suggest the evidence supports it at this point.

Sure there is....it comes from an evaluative process. Now don't get me wrong, if someone wants to limit that comparison to stats then they would be right and I have NO retort towards that perspective.

However, if the comparison relates to how they play, intangibles like pocket presence and the like, decision making on the run or not, pedigree, how they perform in similar offenses, delivery, timing and getting the ball out on time in similar offenses and every other thing that player evaluators use to determine draft and player potential (yes including hot wife) then an unbiased evaluator would easily take A.J. over Kirk.

I absolutely love the perspective that no one else could have produced similar or better numbers in this offense than Kirk. If that's the case, we had all better be prepared to have no one else, ever again, at QB. #TeamtagsCousins20yearsinarow.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stand defense.....Let's do something O

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i wont be able to watch it other then red zone

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from keim

The Redskins are using safety Montae Nicholson in their nickel package as opposed to Deshazor Everett. They used Everett in their base package. Everett struggled with some coverages in the opener.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They missed on that last play, but McVay will be trying to exploit that all game long. Gotta tighten that up a bit make sure that he doesn't see the miss as simply a bad pass.

Samurai Night Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running game off to a good start, and Pryor catches his first ball, keep it up

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the push that the O-line is getting right now!!