• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 2: Redskins @ Rams

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i also brought up in the offseason that andy dalton is on his way out and gruden knows this and so does are fo so if kirk does not sign andy will be in play now is andy better then kirk???

What a lot of folks don't or can't do, is make comparable evaluations, that said, the answer to your question is... It depends on what they are looking for.

If they are looking for a watered down Big Ben type then Dalton is better.

If they are looking for another (but better) Kirk type then NO Dalton is not better. However in this offense McCarron who is a Kirk type would be better than Kirk.

redskin4209

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do have a helluva a DC, I advocated for him several years ago. Many thought he was too old. I guess our FO and maybe Gruden felt the same way. Four years later he is still a top DC. He would have been worth it. Like Norv he is excellent as a coordinator, not so much as the head guy.

I with you Sportster. I mentioned this in another thread about how we messed up with Phillips and going with JB. At the time it was quite mind bogging why we picked JB who cam e came a terrible D in San Diego.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pregame show

espn 980

ESPN 980 Washington D.C. LIVE - ESPN

1067 the fan

Listen to 1067-THE-FAN on Radio.com

Pass-Blocking-efficiency.png

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a lot of folks don't or can't do, is make comparable evaluations, that said, the answer to your question is... It depends on what they are looking for.

If they are looking for a watered down Big Ben type then Dalton is better.

If they are looking for another (but better) Kirk type then NO Dalton is not better. However in this offense McCarron who is a Kirk type would be better than Kirk.
n

Dalton is like Big Ben??? Huh?? The one in Pittsburgh???

McCarron is better than Kirk???? The pine needles in his (_)_) say no way.

Maybe I am missing something.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
n

Dalton is like Big Ben??? Huh?? The one in Pittsburgh???

McCarron is better than Kirk???? The pine needles in his (_)_) say no way.

Maybe I am missing something.

Clearly you are!! Missed the "watered down" part of that comparison to big Ben or on purpose? How about the "In this offense" reference to McCarron? Man....you're reaching, but I understand.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well off topic a bit but in watching the eagles chiefs game so far maybe just maybe the eagles have a very good defense

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you are!! Missed the "watered down" part of that comparison to big Ben or on purpose? How about the "In this offense" reference to McCarron? Man....you're reaching, but I understand.

I went back and read the folks I have blocked. So I understand a bit more.

Still "a watered down Big Ben" means Big Ben attributes. I see NONE of that in Dalton. Dalton and Cousin's are more similar players then either is to Ben.

You keep saying McCarron fits Gruden's offense and I keep asking why and you have never answered. You have zero to base that on. And I will continue to say if he can't beat out Dalton he is not better than Cousin's.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well off topic a bit but in watching the eagles chiefs game so far maybe just maybe the eagles have a very good defense

Four sacks on smith so far and pressure on about every play

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and read the folks I have blocked. So I understand a bit more.

Still "a watered down Big Ben" means Big Ben attributes. I see NONE of that in Dalton. Dalton and Cousin's are more similar players then either is to Ben.

You keep saying McCarron fits Gruden's offense and I keep asking why and you have never answered. You have zero to base that on. And I will continue to say if he can't beat out Dalton he is not better than Cousin's.

So that makes it official for everyone that "YOU" "can't see it" BTW: this is the very first time that you have asked that question about McCarron in this offense. It's an easy self search for you to find your previous questioning to prove me wrong on that . I have no problems admitting to a mistake like that, if, there is proof.

So the easy answer is, beyond their obvious similarities, McCarron is more skilled in using and extending plays in the pocket. He also doesn't become significantly less effective when flushed out and has to improvise. Kirk can do some of this, but he's wildly inconsistent. While there's a smaller "body of work" when talking about McCarron, anybody who's doing an unbiased evaluation can see this. Dude is just a better player considering everything that has to be considered. (Let's not redo that whole "why can't he start in Cincy" BS, been there done that!!)

Please continue to block and respond to well over 90% of my posts, if it makes you feel better, it's your loss, there are others here who are willing to post and respond and not feel threatened by some else's block. Blocking someone says a lot more about the blocker than the person being blocked. Good luck with that!!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. No argument here

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...the Eagles D is legit. Doesn't excuse our two fumbles or the INT.

Agreed the skins weren't crisp last week but instead of hammering the team over everything they do or don't do I'll just :yo: to the eagles D

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that makes it official for everyone that "YOU" "can't see it" BTW: this is the very first time that you have asked that question about McCarron in this offense. It's an easy self search for you to find your previous questioning to prove me wrong on that . I have no problems admitting to a mistake like that, if, there is proof.

So the easy answer is, beyond their obvious similarities, McCarron is more skilled in using and extending plays in the pocket. He also doesn't become significantly less effective when flushed out and has to improvise. Kirk can do some of this, but he's wildly inconsistent. While there's a smaller "body of work" when talking about McCarron, anybody who's doing an unbiased evaluation can see this. Dude is just a better player considering everything that has to be considered. (Let's not redo that whole "why can't he start in Cincy" BS, been there done that!!)

Please continue to block and respond to well over 90% of my posts, if it makes you feel better, it's your loss, there are others here who are willing to post and respond and not feel threatened by some else's block. Blocking someone says a lot more about the blocker than the person being blocked. Good luck with that!!

This offense is predicated on timing and getting out on time. I would say KC is a better fit in this offense. That isn't being biased. It is going by what is proven in KC over theorized in McCarron.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense is predicated on timing and getting out on time. I would say KC is a better fit in this offense. That isn't being biased. It is going by what is proven in KC over theorized in McCarron.

Fine, I respect your analysis of the two, but it isn't "theory" when there is a body of work to judge from. Granted it is a much smaller resume, but there is one. I actually researched that very thing and there is little evidence that Kirk has a quicker release than McCarron. BTW: to be fair, there is also little evidence that McCarron has a quicker release than Kirk.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile Arizona can't put up more than 3 points on the Colts:noidea:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, I respect your analysis of the two, but it isn't "theory" when there is a body of work to judge from. Granted it is a much smaller resume, but there is one. I actually researched that very thing and there is little evidence that Kirk has a quicker release than McCarron. BTW: to be fair, there is also little evidence that McCarron has a quicker release than Kirk.

Release quickness wasn't what I was talking about. I was referring to getting it out quickly and on time.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Release quickness wasn't what I was talking about. I was referring to getting it out quickly and on time.

They are almost exact duplicates in that regard. This is what I was referring to in my earlier post when I mentioned their "obvious similarities."

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DJ81-6KXkAEvzdx.jpg

Last edited: